Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
After Generations 1 & 2, coming back to Pokemon Lets Go; I'm considering getting this. The game-play clips/cinematics they showed were polished and well done.

The mega evolutions in Lets Go and this Dynamax thing seem silly to me but if this is what it takes to open up multiplayer/online co-op experiences, so be it. I'm still having trouble with the new Pokemon. For some reason I turned once they moved beyond 250 and my interest was waning from 150 to 250. But I think I can get over that if the game is good.

Moving the camera around is a solid change. Changing weather impacting Pokemon that spawn is also a decent change.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I'm definitely excited from the Nintendo Direct. The game looks great and the open world feels good.

As for the Dynamax stuff, it's okay I guess. /shrug

The only thing that really bugs me is that it sounds like the Pokemon voices are still primitive MIDI noises(or whatever that format is). It would be cool if they started developing original noises that sounds like animals.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Dynamax is stupid to me, but maybe I'll like it once I play it.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'll also agree the legendary Pokemon felt a little cheap and too similar. Two foxes/wolves, one with a sword in their mouth, the other with a shield shaped mane.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Looks awesome. Can’t believe how far the series has come since the 90’s. If you would have told me back then I’d be playing an open world style console version of Pokemon one day I definitely wouldn’t have believed you.

That being said, reeeeeeallly not digging the dynamax gimmick.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'm definitely excited from the Nintendo Direct. The game looks great and the open world feels good.

As for the Dynamax stuff, it's okay I guess. /shrug

The only thing that really bugs me is that it sounds like the Pokemon voices are still primitive MIDI noises(or whatever that format is). It would be cool if they started developing original noises that sounds like animals.

:dunno: I kind of prefer those....

This dynamax thing... not going to lie, it looks terrible. Absolutely f***ing terrible. Like, to the point where my enthusiasm for the game is drastically reduced. It seems like a stupid ass gimmick.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
:dunno: I kind of prefer those....

This dynamax thing... not going to lie, it looks terrible. Absolutely ****ing terrible. Like, to the point where my enthusiasm for the game is drastically reduced. It seems like a stupid ass gimmick.
I just hope it stays in game and doesn't make its way to online battles or at least to official competitions

No idea if stats are changed, but if so, it's basically mega evolution + z-moves combined into one thing.

I wouldn't have mind it if it were just for the raids, kinda like Pokémon Go raids (which is definitely what it's based on anyways)

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
We don't even really know what the big Pokemon thing does to stats yet, but it is less interesting to me than mega evolution was. Didn't like Z moves, and this seems to be in the same vein. But not enough to damper my interest, since most of what a new Pokemon game is to me is the new Pokemon themselves, and so far I like what I see. Hopefully we get closer to 100 new Pokemon this time rather than the 60 or whatever it has been the last couple generations.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
All the designs revealed so far look great, except the legendaries. Sword looks ok but having the sword in its mouth consistently is... yeah.

Also like how everything so far looks interesting in competitive too. Steel/Flying is a great typing, and the others all have great abilities in regen, strong jaw, fluffy... looks promising so far

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
All the designs revealed so far look great, except the legendaries. Sword looks ok but having the sword in its mouth consistently is... yeah.

Also like how everything so far looks interesting in competitive too. Steel/Flying is a great typing, and the others all have great abilities in regen, strong jaw, fluffy... looks promising so far
I just hope Corviknight isn't basically a Skarmory clone. Drednaw makes me believe we're at least getting a rock type biting move, and maybe a water one albeit it'd be surprising. Also interested to see what cotton down does.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Seems like we're getting a thicc squirrel too.
squirrellink.jpg
squirrel2.jpg

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
It looks good, I’m excited. I wish Game Freak had the balls the to make completely region exclusive Pokémon again though, like gen 5.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
I just hope Corviknight isn't basically a Skarmory clone. Drednaw makes me believe we're at least getting a rock type biting move, and maybe a water one albeit it'd be surprising. Also interested to see what cotton down does.

It seems like Tangling Hair / Gooey from what I read. Not totally awful, but obviously nowhere near broken regen. Tbh I wouldn't really mind a Skarmory clone if it means more metas can play with it, although after Skarm and Celes a more offensive mon with that typing would be really cool

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It seems like Tangling Hair / Gooey from what I read. Not totally awful, but obviously nowhere near broken regen. Tbh I wouldn't really mind a Skarmory clone if it means more metas can play with it, although after Skarm and Celes a more offensive mon with that typing would be really cool
I saw it was updated on Serebii with this new information. TBH, if it's any attacking move that lowers the speed, it's great, but obviously not as good as regen.

And yeah, I kinda want Corvi to be more offensive. Judging by its description, I think that'll be the case. It wouldn't surprise me if it gets mid 500s BST too. Assuming 550, I'd like a distribution similar to 90/120/90/80/70/100. But I feel like it won't be fast. :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->