Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am not going to go through the frustrating time that is catching the legendary dogs without multiple master balls. Fast balls are glitched in this game, so they don’t work. This is going to suck.

What am I doing wrong???

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So it's basically pointless to soft-reset for Cap Pikachu unless you have the IV Checker thing for your PC box or a boatload of rare candies. Damn thing comes at level 1. I'll be able to get my first cap one on Moon set up well, but if I reset Sun to get all the caps the rest of them are going to be totally rando.

Oh well, apparently it doesn't come locked at 3 perfect IVs like most stuff does anyway

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
My son's still going through his Sun playthrough. He got so excited when his Makuhita evolved. :D

I wish I could still be that excited about this game.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Took me 45 minutes to get to the first Poke Center, but I got my Hoenn Pikachu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Sinnoh Pikachu cap is live today. You have until some indeterminate time on Monday (Oct 9) to use the Pikachu20 code to get it.

It looks just like Hoenn Pikachu except the cap logo is blue instead of green. It also comes at level 9 and its moveset is Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and Volt Tackle

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
the gamestop/EB Marshadow giveaway should be starting on Monday. It's valid for Sun and Moon only, so at least it means less need to collect multiple copies like was necessary for the ones that could be redeemed in XYORAS.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007

New Ultra Moon/ Sun trailer. Looks like the story is quite a bit different and not just a rehash. Hopefully the beginning sequence isn't so hand holdy and long. Starting to get a bit more excited for them.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
It indeed looks amazing.

Also, UB Adhesive is my new best friend. It's so adorbs.

Regarding UB Kaboom, I wonder what the BP of Kaboom's move might be. I guess 140, which could make that thing scarfed pretty scary if it does have high special attack. Not surprised by its typing.

For UB Wall of China, though its typing makes sense, I really wish we would have gotten the first Ghost/Rock Pokémon. I hope it won't be too similar to Aggron. Wish it would have gotten a special move too, something like spiky shield/king's shield but that heals it (by 12% ? 25?) if hit by a contact move.

UB Adorbs, as for it, seems like it could boast a stat spread similar to Marshadow but specially oriented, or similar to Salazzle. Wish it also got a unique move that would hit steel types, though.

If I were to predict the stats spread of those 3, I would say :
UB Kaboom : 80 / 70 / 65 / 125 / 80 / 110
UB Wall of China : 110 / 80 / 135 / 60 / 125 / 30
UB Adorbs : 70 / 70 / 75 / 135 / 90 / 130

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Have to admit, the trailers are doing the intended job. Maybe they'll get this right.
Yeah, I was actually leaning towards not getting these since I haven't really been playing at all lately, but with the new ultra beasts and a seemingly more intricate story, might actually be worth it.
It indeed looks amazing.

Also, UB Adhesive is my new best friend. It's so adorbs.

Regarding UB Kaboom, I wonder what the BP of Kaboom's move might be. I guess 140, which could make that thing scarfed pretty scary if it does have high special attack. Not surprised by its typing.

For UB Wall of China, though its typing makes sense, I really wish we would have gotten the first Ghost/Rock Pokémon. I hope it won't be too similar to Aggron. Wish it would have gotten a special move too, something like spiky shield/king's shield but that heals it (by 12% ? 25?) if hit by a contact move.

UB Adorbs, as for it, seems like it could boast a stat spread similar to Marshadow but specially oriented, or similar to Salazzle. Wish it also got a unique move that would hit steel types, though.

If I were to predict the stats spread of those 3, I would say :
UB Kaboom : 80 / 70 / 65 / 125 / 80 / 110
UB Wall of China : 110 / 80 / 135 / 60 / 125 / 30
UB Adorbs : 70 / 70 / 75 / 135 / 90 / 130
Spreads like that would be ideal. So you know that they'll all have something that messes them up. UB Adorbs will probably end up being slower than that, but as a poison type it would be good if it could at least outspeed Tapu Koko. Make it 131 and we're living the high life, since it would be a direct counter to all of the Tapus.

Also, all the previous UBs had base stat total of 570, so I assume that these will as well. So you actually have some extra stats you can sprinkle on the first two.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Lost my Silver Nuzlocke to Whitney's Miltank because she's a whore.

Crit turn 2 Rollout on my Quilava killed from 3/4 health. Sigh.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Last day for Sinnoh cap Pikachu. Tomorrow begins Unova cap-a-chu. Or it might be tonight. I forget which time zone they operate off of for giveaway day switchovers.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Got my codes from GameStop.. It's always a 15 second thing.. Can't be too old to walk into a store.

Guy asked if I pre-ordered USM yet. I was like "How can I when we don't even know what its about!", laughs all around.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I restarted my heartgold back in March, but just recently pick it back up again and I forgot that the Eevee I got from Bill in Goldenrod was a shiny Eevee. I thought I would've been more excited about this back in March :laugh: Just evolved it into an Espeon and I just love shiny Espeons

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Well ****. I forgot to pre-order the steelbook dual pack and Amazon is sold out. Guess I'll just pick up a copy of one version to start and then grab the other one afterward.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Got a marshadow code just now. Easy enough.

But she asked for my EB Edge card/ phone #. Ostensibly it was so they could track the distro rate and get more cards, but I suspect it may also prevent people from getting duplicates.

I'm trying another location after lunch. We'll see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->