Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Ok, played Pokemon Quest for 5 minutes. It's a waste of time and space on the switch, don't even bother with that. All you do is click buttons while the game does everything for you,

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Wait, wait, wait. No wild Pokemon, meaning you have to use Pokemon Go?

f*** that noise, I'm out. Hard pass.

Good idea to make it clear that a 'real' game will come next year...I'm a little miffed this isn't that, considering that's how it was originally touted, but whatever. Pokemon Go is the antithesis of fun to me.

Reactions: rangerssharks414

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Wait, wait, wait. No wild Pokemon, meaning you have to use Pokemon Go?

**** that noise, I'm out. Hard pass.

Good idea to make it clear that a 'real' game will come next year...I'm a little miffed this isn't that, considering that's how it was originally touted, but whatever. Pokemon Go is the antithesis of fun to me.
No wild pokémon battles. Still wild pokémon. That you have to catch just throwing pokeballs like in PoGo

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
No wild pokémon battles. Still wild pokémon. That you have to catch just throwing pokeballs like in PoGo

Yeah, picked that up on watching the trailer again, though catching them like in Go is still a strike against it, just not a huge strike.

This clearly isn't being made for me, regardless of the Kanto-connection, so...whatever. Bummed I have to wait another year, but I think I'll survive.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
They're really milking pokemon go. This is probably aimed at pogo players who weren't interested in the pokemon series before pokemon go came out. I'm kind of indifferent on Lets go pikachu/eevee because this wasn't what I was hoping for. I did mention that I was hoping for Pokemon Colosseum on steroids a few pages ago, but I was hoping for that with also a main series game. I'm going to buy a switch eventually for Breath of the Wild so I probably will eventually get Lets go pikachu/eevee

Disagree. People who didn’t play Pokémon games before PoGo likely aren’t big video gamers and played PoGo because they thought it was cute/the game was super popular. My partner who hardly ever played video games (despite being a mid-1990s birth) played the crap out of PoGo but definitely will have zero interest in this. People like her probably have never even heard of the Switch.

This is a Pokemon game for younger/casual gamers who were didn’t grow up in the Gameboy Colour-era, and for Pokemon fanatics who play every game. If I had to describe it in one sentence, PoGo was/is a meme game and Let’s Go is a video game for a “younger” gamer audience between casual and hardcore.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
Friendly reminder that the Shiny Zygarde event is available at your local EB Games/Gamestop. For those of you in Europe/Australia/NL, you can just download the event via the internet.

Disagree. People who didn’t play Pokémon games before PoGo likely aren’t big video gamers and played PoGo because they thought it was cute/the game was super popular. My partner who hardly ever played video games (despite being a mid-1990s birth) played the crap out of PoGo but definitely will have zero interest in this. People like her probably have never even heard of the Switch.

This is a Pokemon game for younger/casual gamers who were didn’t grow up in the Gameboy Colour-era, and for Pokemon fanatics who play every game. If I had to describe it in one sentence, PoGo was/is a meme game and Let’s Go is a video game for a “younger” gamer audience between casual and hardcore.

The thing is Pokemon as a series has always been a game that appealed to both the younger demographic as well as people of all ages in general. There isn't really a specific game that you can look at and say "yup that one was clearly for the more mature audiences." Also, I don't think it's fair to assume that people who didn't play in the GBC-era would somehow attach themselves to LGE/P. Primarily because each generation exists to bring in new fans of the series in addition to the existing fans. So while they missed out on growing up with Kanto, it still doesn't stop them from experiencing what Pokemon is. Not to mention, I don't see how this appeals to the "fanatics" given how much Game Freak is scrapping compared to what we normally get in a main series game.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Friendly reminder that the Shiny Zygarde event is available at your local EB Games/Gamestop. For those of you in Europe/Australia/NL, you can just download the event via the internet.

The thing is Pokemon as a series has always been a game that appealed to both the younger demographic as well as people of all ages in general. There isn't really a specific game that you can look at and say "yup that one was clearly for the more mature audiences." Also, I don't think it's fair to assume that people who didn't play in the GBC-era would somehow attach themselves to LGE/P. Primarily because each generation exists to bring in new fans of the series in addition to the existing fans. So while they missed out on growing up with Kanto, it still doesn't stop them from experiencing what Pokemon is. Not to mention, I don't see how this appeals to the "fanatics" given how much Game Freak is scrapping compared to what we normally get in a main series game.

True, but there are Pokémon games that are clearly aimed at a less mature audience. I only made note of fanatics because they're still likely to buy the game no matter what audience it's geared towards.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Them. Odds.
09dbd1a1d0.jpg

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Watched the Treehouse on the game earlier. I'm definitely still interested. Relieved to see that all the base stats are present despite the Go Mechanics for catching. The candy dynamic sounds interesting.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Went to get my last Zygarde code for the month and the guy handed over a pair of them along with a pair of Xerneas/Yveltal codes.

So as long as I can check and make sure I have all my copies of the game set to receive the right gifts, I might/should have a spare Zygarde and 2x Xerneas/Yveltal codes to give to anyone who needs them.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I also still have a couple of codes to give away now that I've made sure my games are up to date.

I have two Yveltal/Xerneas codes which are good until the end of August

and

I have one Shiny Zygarde code which is good until the end of September

let me know if you need any and and I'll PM the code out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->