Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Treecko sucks. That's the only thing that holds true for everyone. If you like Treecko you are wrong.
:(

My update, currently at that one place where you find stufful for the old grandma

579f301b481333f5289d65c52534388f.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I had my first failed catch this afternoon, unable to nab a Gligar on Route 206. Funnily enough it happened because the damn thing broke out of my entire stock of like 12 pokeballs (regular + premiere). With no more balls I had to bail and negate the catch opportunity.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
One thing I'd like to see in the upcoming Pokemon witch game is DLC where you battle other Nintendo characters as if they were Pokemon trainers (like Ice Climbers with Ice types or Pokemon that could pass for it, Fox McCloud with vulpine Pokemon, you get the idea). This would be the closest to a Super Smash Bros. crossover with Pokemon.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My nuzlocke has reached Solaceon Town. I'm purposely waiting to continue tomorrow during the day because then it means that in route 210 I am guaranteed a crack at either a Scyther or a very rare chance at a Chansey.

In the mean time I knocked out my first attempted catch (Ralts on 208) meaning I've failed on 2 routes. I also narrowly dodged death again, especially against Fantina and the gym trainers.

So for now:

Team
Duskull (Lost Tower) Level 19
Roselia (Route 209) Level 21
Shellos (Valley Windworks) Level 25 (has Psychic-type Hidden Power)
Luxio (Route 202) Level 25
Staravia (Route 201) Level 25
Monferno (Starter) Level 26

PC
Bidoof (Route 203) Level 5
Wurmple (Route 204) Level 4
Zubat (Ravaged Path) Level 5
Geodude (Oreburgh Gate) Level 5
Ponyta (Route 207) Level 5
Budew (Route 205) Level 25
Chingling (Mt. Coronet) Level 17

Fallen
Psyduck (Oreburgh Gate) Levels 4-12 [Fell vs Roark's Cranidos]
Buneary (Eterna Forest) Levels 11-17 [Critical'd by an Abra with fighting type Hidden Power from an Eterna Forest trainer]

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
One thing I'd like to see in the upcoming Pokemon witch game is DLC where you battle other Nintendo characters as if they were Pokemon trainers (like Ice Climbers with Ice types or Pokemon that could pass for it, Fox McCloud with vulpine Pokemon, you get the idea). This would be the closest to a Super Smash Bros. crossover with Pokemon.
Nah, keep my pokemon as a pokemon. Screw that.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh: So Route 210 in Sinnoh, like I said, I had down to being able to catch Scyther (15% appearance rate) or Chansey (1% appearance rate) because I had all the other stuff that shows up already.

5 battles in, guess who got a Chansey? :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What did you get on your first encounter instead?

A Geodude, a couple of Ponyta, and I think a Roselia came first.

Also I just wiped on Maylene and her stupid Lucario. It's my fault for underleveling most of my party and leaning on Staravia so much. I took her Machoke down to like 10% health with Staravia having about 5 HP left thanks to Rock Tomb. I figured I could use Quick Attack to finish it off and hten switch out, but the damn Machoke took almost no damage from it and finished Staravia, From there I barely survived finishing hte Machoke off and then Lucario took apart the rest of my team 1 by 1 since they were each about 5-7 levels lower.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
I've gotten some good pokemon via wondertrade lately. Probably going to add Absol and Rockruff to the team.

af4385bb30caa8493d66faca978e54a6.png

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
So apparently there are rumors that the new Switch Pokemon games are going to be called Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Pokemon Lets Go Eevee (apparently they registered the domains already), and they developed this game with the success of Pokemon Go in mind. I don't really know what aspects of Pokemon Go they are talking about emulating with this, but it doesn't sound like something I would be interested in playing, especially since I would have to buy an entirely new console in order to play it.

We'll see how accurate the rumors turn out to be, and maybe it'll be more interesting than I'm giving it credit for.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It better not be a shitty game, I want to be able to do the same thing I can do in the true pokemon games, no gimmick. Bought a damn Switch for that reason alone.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
So apparently there are rumors that the new Switch Pokemon games are going to be called Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Pokemon Lets Go Eevee (apparently they registered the domains already), and they developed this game with the success of Pokemon Go in mind. I don't really know what aspects of Pokemon Go they are talking about emulating with this, but it doesn't sound like something I would be interested in playing, especially since I would have to buy an entirely new console in order to play it.

We'll see how accurate the rumors turn out to be, and maybe it'll be more interesting than I'm giving it credit for.
From the supposedly leaked screenshots we've seen it could be refering to seeing pokemon in the overworld (as opposed to random encounters every few steps) as the Pokemon Go mechanic. Or maybe throwing pokeballs via touchscreen like Pokemon GO. Thats what I have my fingers crossed for at least.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Based on initial speculation I'd be disappointed if it indeed turns out to be true. I was hoping for something along the lines of Pokemon Colosseum on steroids

Reactions: Bozle

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Based on initial speculation I'd be disappointed if it indeed turns out to be true. I was hoping for something along the lines of Pokemon Colosseum on steroids

I don't even want that. Just make a main series game on steroids. No silly gimmick controls, no mini-game sidetracky stuff, no quirks and experiments. Just give me a good, solid, strong-boned Pokemon experience with a super pretty coat of Switch paint.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
From the rumors so far, I think I'll only like that switch game if you start your journey at Kanto and end at Aloha. Knowing gamefreak, it won't happen so I'm disappointed by the rumors so far.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
My Crystal journey: I beat Whitney!!!

ALso did the egg glitch so I can get more than 1 odd egg, currently hatching 5 right now. Hoping I get a Tyrogue, Elekid and Magby (because I can't get Houndour this early) don't care if it's shiny right now.

Edit: Got 1 Elekid, 1 igglypuff and 3 smoochums. Had to get 5 more eggs and got 1 bad egg in the process lmao

Edit 2: Aw f***, I’m an idiot. Wasn’t paying attention and accidentally saved instead of resetting

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Since my Platinum nuzlocke is dead, I'm trying to figure out what my next move will be. I've given mild htought to saying "**** it" and continuing Platinum with the mons I have, but this was my second wipe in that game. The thought of trying to plow through leveling up the weaker stuff in my PC doesn't enthuse me.

Unfortunately I think first I'm going to try and clear out the backlog of built up giveaway legendaries on my games. It'll probably take a week of SRing a couple hours a night just to get everything right since I have to go through everything from February to now (Palkia/Dialga, Heatran/Regigigas, Raikou/Entei, and Yveltal/Xerneas) except for 1 Palkia and 1 Dialga (and slowed down by the fact that all my games except Moon are missing the easy IV checker in the PC, meaning I have to read the stat spread or plug the values into an IV calculator to figure out good #s.

From there I'm thinking either of Wonderlockeing a game (X or Alpha Sapphire or maybe Ultra Moon) or doing another Egglocke (though probably using a bunch of eggs from my assortment of projects rather than getting anyone else to contribute unless they want to)

Either that or I just might spend some time fixing and finishing up breeding projects that I have halfway done and sitting around for the better part of a couple years. I haven't done any focused breeding projects for a while and I'm starting to realize that I miss assembling those "puzzles"

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
You know, I was gonna SR for good IV legendaries then realized I wasn’t gonna even battle with them so I might just receive all of them on Y and other games, but mainly Y.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Ewwwww...

If this happens, I might just retire from Pokemon. I don't think I'd get a Switch for that.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Never knew how ugly my rival was in Crystal, low quality saved his looks. Also didn't realize he was Giovanni's son

Silver_PS2.png

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You know, I was gonna SR for good IV legendaries then realized I wasn’t gonna even battle with them so I might just receive all of them on Y and other games, but mainly Y.

I know I shouldn't care either, but I've done it for so many mons so far that I feel like I can't stop now :laugh:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
One of my Pokemon series headcanons is that from 1968-80, a popular TV show aired in the Pokemon world called Alola Five-O. This TV show, centered on a police task force, brought much exposure to the Alola region and introduced other regions to Alola's regional Pokemon. A reboot began airing in 2010 and will begin its 9th season in September 2018. (What does this remind you of?)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I've checked through all my games and I also have a spare code for each of:

1) the March Regigigas/Heatran giveaway (I believe the code expires at the end of June)

and

2) the April Entei/Raikou giveaway (code expires at the end of July)

If anyone wants one, let me know and I can PM you the code. As always, my preference is for someone who wasn't able to get a code at all before giving one to someone who just wants a duplicate/extra. but if time becomes a factor I won't be picky as long as they can see use.

And sorry, I don't have an extra Yveltal/Xerneas code.

Reactions: Retrocity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad