Pokemon Thread #24 - UltraPokemon UltraThread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
A bunch of people on reddit have reported getting the email about stuff for sale from the Pokemon Center but no code. So apparently it's not the same e-mail. Also some have e-mailed customer support and simply been told that the e-mails haven't been distributed yet.

IIRC they often don't come out until the middle of the month anyway.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I just checked my inbox history and it appears that I received most Pokemon Trainer Club newsletters some time between the 18th and about the 24th. So I'm not going to be super concerned yet about not receiving any newsletters yet.

That said, I haven't received the promotional sale one that was mentioned earlier, so that's weird. Though maybe that was for US subscribers only.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I got a code email this morning, but I also have an email address that should receive an email that hasn't yet (a Gmail one), so it would seem distribution is ongoing

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My Gmail one came about an hour and and a half after the first ones. So I did eventually get everything I expected. It seems like today is the gradual rollout day for codes

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I might have an extra code, not sure. So if I do I'll let you guys fight to the death over it. :D

Meanwhile I need to get my claims caught up before I fall too far behind again. I still have to pick up my shiny Silvally on Sun, my 3 Alola HA starters, and last month's Dialga/Palkias

At least the starters I don't care about SR-ing for because they're just breeder stock. I'm still finicky over IVs and Nature on the others just because I don't want to get stuck with junk (even junk I won't use) if bottle caps/hyper training stop being a thing at some point.

Maybe if/when I get caught up I can try and round out my breeder stock collection of Alola HAs and other stuff too. It's been too long since I've actually played a pokemon game for any reason besides just resetting for gifts

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm still waiting for my second e-mail...

Is there a certain date that you have to redeem the newsletter code by?

June 28.

I think all of the codes (card or e-mail) give you about 3 months from the month of its distribution. The Dialga/Palkia ones last until like May 26th or 28th or something like that.

Also I don't believe I'm going to have an extra code. I miscounted how many were in my inbox and it turns out that one of my junky gmails hasn't sent me anything (though my other good gmail has) so I believe it's possible that newsletter stopped sending to that account because of inactivity (since I rarely use that e-mail for anything else)

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I hate that there’s expiration dates on the event codes because my lazy ass never redeem them on time

Reactions: Bozle

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
You get like 3 months. If you can't at least take 5 minutes to put the code in before then, it's kinda your own fault.
I know, I blamed my lazy self.

I just place it on my messy cabinet and forget about it.

Reactions: Mrb1p

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Given that it'd now April and there's been no announcement for this month's distribution (I believe raikou and entei) and the usual pattern of giveaways in the past, I'm gurssing this is an email code giveaway again and the year is going to go card-email-email-card-email-email on loop until December.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Given that it'd now April and there's been no announcement for this month's distribution (I believe raikou and entei) and the usual pattern of giveaways in the past, I'm gurssing this is an email code giveaway again and the year is going to go card-email-email-card-email-email on loop until December.
For people in America, they have to go to Target between the 22nd and 29th.

I believe for people in Europe is done over internet while people in Canada gets the code via newsletter again.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For people in America, they have to go to Target between the 22nd and 29th.

I believe for people in Europe is done over internet while people in Canada gets the code via newsletter again.

yep, confirmed:

Entei, Raikou available to redeem in April - Bulbanews

US: Visit Target between April 22 and 29 (that's a weird window, I wonder if it's a typo and it's supposed to be the 2nd to the 29th)
Canada: Code distributed in the April Trainer Club Newsletter
Europe: Use Nintendo Network (which I guess means Mystery Gift via Internet in the game?)
Latin America: Visit participating local retailers between April 2nd and 29th

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My curiosity is that this giveaway is Entei and Raikou, but Suicune is nowhere to be found.

Same thing is going to happen in July as they give away Thundurus and Tornadus, but no Landorus.

If they had just started in January they could've had an extra month to have a Landorus/Suicune giveaway and complete the only two trios they're giving away all year.

Also: It appears the story I posted was a typo. The US site lists the giveaway as active now.

Canadians have to ensure they're signed up for the PTC Newsletter by the 9th (next Monday) to ensure they'll receive the April newsletter with teh code in it.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Gen 7 is close to being over boys, bring on gen 8

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Entei and raikou codes are out now for Canadians via newsletter. I might have an extra code for anyone that needs one. I'l be able to check when I get home.

I think I could also have an extra code for last month's giveaway too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad