Pokemon Thread #22 - Vacationing in Alola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Just thought I would share my amazing night so far in randbats, after implementing a damage roll analysis (0 being lowest roll, 1 being highest) on my little hax analysis thing :laugh: Had to remove the team strength team since tiers are not yet defined, but instead I counted the OP pokémon (Ubers, and some others like Kartana, certain quiver dancers/shell smashers), as well as Pokémon with a BST of below 450 (aka the crapmons).

Fights (total) : 37
Hax ratio (self hax / (self hax + opp hax)) : 0.232
OP count (self total | opp total) : 9 | 33
Crapmon count (self total | opp total) : 46 | 28
Damage roll (self average | opp average) : 0.358 | 0.683

HELP?

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Just thought I would share my amazing night so far in randbats, after implementing a damage roll analysis (0 being lowest roll, 1 being highest) on my little hax analysis thing :laugh: Had to remove the team strength team since tiers are not yet defined, but instead I counted the OP pokémon (Ubers, and some others like Kartana, certain quiver dancers/shell smashers), as well as Pokémon with a BST of below 450 (aka the crapmons).

Fights (total) : 37
Hax ratio (self hax / (self hax + opp hax)) : 0.232
OP count (self total | opp total) : 9 | 33
Crapmon count (self total | opp total) : 46 | 28
Damage roll (self average | opp average) : 0.358 | 0.683

HELP?
Somehow I feel like there might be a degree of bias in the reporting of these stats.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'll probably be around tomorrow night, if you will be.

Also everyone, there is currently a Ditto giveaway on Reddit, not sure how much longer it will be going: https://www.reddit.com/r/BreedingDittos/comments/5iy1we/giveaway_gen_7_dittos_with_tentabot/

You don't need a reddit account for this one, just follow the instructions.

I'll likely be around tonight as well. I wonder what I have that I can give you that's actually cool. I have a few 4-5 IV Timid Oricorios if that interests you. Also have 4-5 IV Pyukumukus. We can figure it out tho.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Somehow I feel like there might be a degree of bias in the reporting of these stats.
I did report them throughout almost a whole month back in August IIRC. I record them when I feel like doing so obviously, but while I do have some "lucky" streaks sometimes, it's never to the same extent of my "unlucky" streaks.

GXE and ELO can usually tell you how lucky or unlucky you've been. Generally, on average, my GXE in randbats overs between 81-83, for very extended periods of times, and my ELO usually stays between a ±100-200 from my average. I think just once I've went above 83 (to reach 85) GXE, and I was lucky on that, but last night my GXE dropped by 3 points without me being able to do anything. Most of the time, good players make it where they are because they can deal with a moderate amount of hax, which is generally what happens in most games.

I can't say if my method for calculating "hax" is the best, but it gives a good indicator. Basically I multiply the % of occurance of what happens which is benefical for each user throughout all the turns. The problem is that hax can happen at a good moment (ie a miss last turn which makes you lose instead of winning), or at a useless moment (ie a crit on a hit that would already kill), and this is not something i take into account since it would be complicated (I just copy the battle log and didn't want to do something overly complicated)

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'll likely be around tonight as well. I wonder what I have that I can give you that's actually cool. I have a few 4-5 IV Timid Oricorios if that interests you. Also have 4-5 IV Pyukumukus. We can figure it out tho.
Pyukumuku would be great.
I did report them throughout almost a whole month back in August IIRC. I record them when I feel like doing so obviously, but while I do have some "lucky" streaks sometimes, it's never to the same extent of my "unlucky" streaks.

GXE and ELO can usually tell you how lucky or unlucky you've been. Generally, on average, my GXE in randbats overs between 81-83, for very extended periods of times, and my ELO usually stays between a ±100-200 from my average. I think just once I've went above 83 (to reach 85) GXE, and I was lucky on that, but last night my GXE dropped by 3 points without me being able to do anything. Most of the time, good players make it where they are because they can deal with a moderate amount of hax, which is generally what happens in most games.

I can't say if my method for calculating "hax" is the best, but it gives a good indicator. Basically I multiply the % of occurance of what happens which is benefical for each user throughout all the turns.
I was just being a pest, I remember you talking about this in the past. A streak of bad luck like that is always annoying.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I think I'm at 2000+ resets now.

Considering they are 30 second each... I've been doing this for probably 15 hours... I guess a bit under 2000.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Think it took me like 6 hours to get all the pokemon for living dex and that includes Alolan forms. Seems like there weren't many new pokemon this gen for some reason

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
both Porygons, Politoed, Milotic, Slowking, Scizor, Weavile

like pretty much anything with an item
If you can come across a Goomy or Castform through the weather SOS you can fill those easily through GTS. Everyone loves a Goomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad