Points prediction - MacKinnon and Drouin

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'm in an STHS Sim league and my top 9 are:

Evander Kane - Joe Pavelski - Chris Stewart
Chris Kunitz - Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Gabriel Landeskog
Tomas Kopecky - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Callahan

I traded for both the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft and took Nate and Drouin 1 and 2

Based on the above, I do not feel that there is a need to rush to sign both kids, but my question is what kind of realistic point production can we expect from these two kids this year?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Between 50-60 for MacKinnon. Drouin's depends on his line mates. If he ends up with Stamkos, sky's the limit. If not, similar to MacKinnon.

Ducksgo*

I'm in an STHS Sim league and my top 9 are:

Evander Kane - Joe Pavelski - Chris Stewart
Chris Kunitz - Ryan Nugent Hopkins - Gabriel Landeskog
Tomas Kopecky - Kyle Brodziak - Ryan Callahan

I traded for both the 1st and 2nd picks in the draft and took Nate and Drouin 1 and 2

Based on the above, I do not feel that there is a need to rush to sign both kids, but my question is what kind of realistic point production can we expect from these two kids this year?

You messed up one of the two picks. Seth Jones has a VERY good chance of playing this season. I would of grabbed Droin and and Jones. With Mackinnon being the lesser likely of the bunch to play this season. I got a hunch the Avs will gladly wait for Mack's before just throwing him in the NHL. In one my league Droin went first overall and Mack's didn't get picked up till 5th oval after Jones Barkov Monahan etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducksgo*

Between 50-60 for MacKinnon. Drouin's depends on his line mates. If he ends up with Stamkos, sky's the limit. If not, similar to MacKinnon.

Not sure if the Avs will even play Nate. There is some talent on that team. At center, they have MacKinnson, Ryan O'Reilly, not holding out this year which helps, Matt Duchene, and Paul Stastny. I don't see a rush for the Avs to have him make the quick jump

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Not sure if the Avs will even play Nate. There is some talent on that team. At center, they have MacKinnson, Ryan O'Reilly, not holding out this year which helps, Matt Duchene, and Paul Stastny. I don't see a rush for the Avs to have him make the quick jump

Roy is adamant that MacKinnon is playing this year. He's already slotted on the 3rd line between McGinn and Downie. You're right that there's no rush, but he's got good size and an NHL skill set. No point in going back to Halifax. Those skilled forwards on the Avs will allow Mack to start with some pretty easy minutes.

Ducksgo*

Roy is adamant that MacKinnon is playing this year. He's already slotted on the 3rd line between McGinn and Downie. You're right that there's no rush, but he's got good size and an NHL skill set. No point in going back to Halifax. Those skilled forwards on the Avs will allow Mack to start with some pretty easy minutes.

Oh no doubt about it. Kid wasn't drafted first overall for nothing. But are the Avs planning to move one of the centers to the wing? To give Mack his natural position?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad