Points Lost To Stupidity Thread

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The Sedins wouldn't have survived their first few seasons here.

The part I love about all of this, is that with the contrarian set it's the skill players who get shit on when they go through normal growing pains or slumps, but meanwhile the crap players get free passes even when they're 10 year vets.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I actually don’t think Patrick has been nearly as horrible as some are saying... has he played particularly well? No, but I don’t see these horrible plays that others are seeing. He certainly isn’t back to being as slow and irrelevant as he was in the first half of last year when he was still hurt.
This is the correct answer.

Hasn't done anything great or anything terrible. Mostly invisible, but that's OK when we're talking about only two games to start the year...

If he looks like this in a couple months, then maybe some complaining would be fine, but this is too early.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Hasn't done anything great or anything terrible. Mostly invisible, but that's OK when we're talking about only two games to start the year...

If he looks like this in a couple months, then maybe some complaining would be fine, but this is too early.

Yeah no. It's time to bitch about sophomore Patrick. Not really time to bitch about Hakstok yet - he's got time.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
On a serious note, it's incredibly puzzling that some people around here didn't learn their lesson from Couturier's development.

You would think - especially with how recently this happened - that there would be a little more patience when waiting for a young, high-potential center to get going.

But I guess I give people too much credit with these expectations.

Are you implying that I’m arguing Patrick won’t improve? Because I’ve made it quite clear that despite my disappointment in the moment I think Patrick will ultimately be a good player.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah no. It's time to ***** about sophomore Patrick. Not really time to ***** about Hakstok yet - he's got time.
DoRk_v8XkAAPWC7.jpg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

But Striiker, members of the #HakstolDerangementSyndromeSociety bash Hak, MacD, Hagg, and Lehtera after only two games, how is that fair?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But Striiker, members of the #HakstolDerangementSyndromeSociety bash Hak, MacD, Hagg, and Lehtera after only two games, how is that fair?
I'm glad you asked!

It's because they're showing the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS that we've seen for MULTIPLE YEARS and all of them are completely avoidable! These aren't good players having ups and downs or young players still learning/improving, this is their consistent level of suckage.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Patrick line has been pretty dismal to start the season, but given how well they played last year, I'd give them time before concluding that last year was a Weise/Weal (who had a good stretch to finish 2016-17) phenomenon. However, Voracek really looks bad, someone needs to give him a wakeup call.

If JVR is a serious injury, I think Laughton can move up, maybe they call up NAK for the 4th line or bring back Leier.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Why do you even discuss Patrick in this context? The whole team wasn't dazzling, why NP should've stood out? It's just two games into the season.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
How should this fanbase react then? Calm? Hopefull and optimistic all the time when the coach makes lineup changes that don’t need to be made for any reason at all and heavens no we can’t criticize him for it because, he has no choice, Hexy makes the decisions, next year they will content or you can insert whatever lame excuse for the coach you want, but over reacting isn’t what’s going on here, it’s more like please take your head out of your ass and plug the right players in the lineup to maximize the team, but don’t let me stop your opinion carnal

After Game 2? Yes. That'd be the normal thing to do when there's 80 games left in the season and a reversible lineup change happens.

The reaction here is deserved. Hakstol is losing this team points.

He took a roster that just won, made a change for no reason, and that change contributed to 3 goals against in a game where they lost 2-4 (before the ENG). There’s no defense of this.

It really isn't. Hak didn't do anything different than he's always done. This thread won't help Hakstol get any closer to being fired and it won't make anyone dislike him more. Just a den for y'all to ferment your anger in. I do highly encourage you to be more productive about it however by writing the Front Office, not watching, attending games, buying Flyers merchandise, picketing the WFC or egging Hextall's home. Otherwise, it's just gonna get you closer to cardiac arrest.

Where have you been, up hakstols ass?
Is that in Africa?

Yeah, what the hell do we have to be mad about. The success has really spoiled this fanbase!
There's actually a ton to be happy about as a Flyers fan moving forward, but nah y'all should freak out about losing 1 game. You right you right.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm glad you asked!

It's because they're showing the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS that we've seen for MULTIPLE YEARS and all of them are completely avoidable! These aren't good players having ups and downs or young players still learning/improving, this is their consistent level of suckage.

Except that Hagg and Lehtera have played pretty solid the first two games.
So much for "mainstream thought" or lack of such.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
After Game 2? Yes. That'd be the normal thing to do when there's 80 games left in the season and a reversible lineup change happens.

This isn't Game 2. It's Game ... wait, I have to open the ****ing calculator ... 248. But you're right, the fact that he is still ****ing up everything is no cause for alarm.

Kumbay****ingya, boys.

giphy.gif

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

It really isn't. Hak didn't do anything different than he's always done. This thread won't help Hakstol get any closer to being fired and it won't make anyone dislike him more. Just a den for y'all to ferment your anger in. I do highly encourage you to be more productive about it however by writing the Front Office, not watching, attending games, buying Flyers merchandise, picketing the WFC or egging Hextall's home. Otherwise, it's just gonna get you closer to cardiac arrest.

Is that in Africa?

There's actually a ton to be happy about as a Flyers fan moving forward, but nah y'all should freak out about losing 1 game. You right you right.
These aren't new issues.

They're a continuation of the last few years.

I think most people on here want to see the team win, so watching someone employed by the team do his best to stop them from doing that will obviously cause a bit of anger.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
This isn't Game 2. It's Game ... wait, I have to open the ****ing calculator ... 248. But you're right, the fact that he is still ****ing up everything is no cause for alarm.

Kumbay****ingya, boys.

giphy.gif
I think that’s our biggest issue. This isn’t our first rodeo with Hakstol, it’s not like “oh, he made a mistake but it’s only game 2!! I’m sure he’ll right the ship and learn from this, he’ll never do THAT again!”

This is a consistent and proven thing, so I don’t feel we are unjustified for complaining after only two games.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Kumbay****ingya, boys.

giphy.gif

Can't believe anyone would dare accuse someone of being overdramatic with a response like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->