Points Lost To Stupidity Thread

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Glad to see the overdramatic behavior is still happening on this board while I've been gone
How should this fanbase react then? Calm? Hopefull and optimistic all the time when the coach makes lineup changes that don’t need to be made for any reason at all and heavens no we can’t criticize him for it because, he has no choice, Hexy makes the decisions, next year they will content or you can insert whatever lame excuse for the coach you want, but over reacting isn’t what’s going on here, it’s more like please take your head out of your ass and plug the right players in the lineup to maximize the team, but don’t let me stop your opinion carnal

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
You mean the most brilliant post in the history of this forum?
giphy.gif
Maybe so.) I just don't want people to simplify our problems.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How should this fanbase react then? Calm? Hopefull and optimistic all the time when the coach makes lineup changes that don’t need to be made for any reason at all and heavens no we can’t criticize him for it because, he has no choice, Hexy makes the decisions, next year they will content or you can insert whatever lame excuse for the coach you want, but over reacting isn’t what’s going on here, it’s more like please take your head out of your ass and plug the right players in the lineup to maximize the team, but don’t let me stop your opinion carnal

Dont waste your time. No awful decisions or points lost matter to some.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
They lost by 3 goals, & 1 of the 2 goals they received was a gift.

Folin is a wreck & shouldn’t have played over Gudas. But focusing on that one lineup decision, & ignoring how badly Sanheim played & Patrick played at 2C is what frustrates me about this board. Whipping boys get blamed for everything; not a peep about other (favorites) having costly performances.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think it’s fair to say that replacing Gudas was Folin cost the Flyers an opportunity to gain two points, not necessarily cost them two points.

It sure as hell didn't help, that's for freaking sure.

And the crazy thing is that all of us - even some of the pro-Hak crowd - knew it before a second of the game was even played. And then, presto, Follin's not only a trainwreck but is directly responsible for goals against.

And then some people on here want to act like 4th lines and 3rd pairings can't lose you games, or that our PPG winger is the reason we didn't win, and that somehow the coach has literally never made a mistake ever in his entire coaching career.

mja

Jan 7, 2005

Folin is a wreck & shouldn’t have played over Gudas. But focusing on that one lineup decision, & ignoring how badly Sanheim played & Patrick played at 2C is what frustrates me about this board. Whipping boys get blamed for everything; not a peep about other (favorites) having costly performances.

Patrick was fine. Not great, not terrible, but fine. Why you've picked him to be your own personal whipping boy this year is a complete mystery to me. If you thought he was going to come in and suddenly start scoring at a 60 point pace, then the problem was that your expectations were way out of whack.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016

So samheims performance had nothing to due with the partner he was showing chemistry with yanked out of the line up for no reason? Or would acknowledging this ruin your contrarien schtick?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Defensemen 5x5 (Natural Stat Trick):

Provorov 16:43 Corsi 45.71% SCF/SCA 6-13 HCF/HCA 0-4
Ghost 14:49 Corsi 50.00% SCF/SCA 6-8 HCF/HCA 0-1
Sanheim 14:07 Corsi 50.00% SCF/SCA 7-8 HCF/HCA 3-5
MacDonald 13:10 Corsi 46.43% SCF/SCA 5-10 HCF/HCA 0-2
Folin 12:51 Corsi 50.00% SCF/SCA 7-6 HCF/HCA 3-4
Hagg 12:30 Corsi 56.52% SCF/SCA 5-7 HCF/HCA 0-0

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m also confused by that.

Why do people not hate the players who carry this team on their backs?

Why do people only hate the players who are horrible and hurt the team?

I don’t get it. Some weird bias around here.

Also, how ****ing weird is it that people should vent and express their frustrations about their hockey team, which they care passionately about, on a forum dedicated to that team? Can you believe it? How ****ing strange is it that these people can't be perfectly objective like machines? It's so ****ing weird, and it makes my head spin.

All I can say is thank holy **** for our self-appointed babysitters, who - along with the self-appointed moral watchdogs occupying the moral high ground as far as they know - are around to keep us in check. I can't wait for another month or two when our New York friend returns to shame me into stop trying to be funny.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Patrick was fine. Not great, not terrible, but fine. Why you've picked him to be your own personal whipping boy this year is a complete mystery to me. If you thought he was going to come in and suddenly start scoring at a 60 point pace, then the problem was that your expectations were way out of whack.

Patrick has not been “fine” as a 2C on a team expected to win a playoff round.

I never expected him to be a 60+ point center in his 2nd season.

But I did say they need a legit, 50 point 2C if they’re expected to make the playoffs & win a round, & I stand by that. And I stand by that Patrick doesn’t look like that so far in his 2nd season.

I was consistent the whole offseason saying I felt better with Patrick at 3C because I wasn’t confident he was able to be a 2C on a playoff winning team yet.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are you telling me that a massive two game sample size isn't enough to declare him a bust?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!!?!

I can't believe my eyes.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Patrick has not been “fine” as a 2C on a team expected to win a playoff round.

I never expected him to be a 60+ point center in his 2nd season.

But I did say they need a legit, 50 point 2C if they’re expected to make the playoffs & win a round, & I stand by that. And I stand by that Patrick doesn’t look like that so far in his 2nd season.

I was consistent the whole offseason saying I felt better with Patrick at 3C because I wasn’t confident he was able to be a 2C on a playoff winning team yet.

We're two games in and he's been absolutely fine. And your "consistency" is merely confirmation bias.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
On a serious note, it's incredibly puzzling that some people around here didn't learn their lesson from Couturier's development.

You would think - especially with how recently this happened - that there would be a little more patience when waiting for a young, high-potential center to get going.

But I guess I give people too much credit with these expectations.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I actually don’t think Patrick has been nearly as horrible as some are saying... has he played particularly well? No, but I don’t see these horrible plays that others are seeing. He certainly isn’t back to being as slow and irrelevant as he was in the first half of last year when he was still hurt.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I missed the first period last night since I was watching the fascinating and fabulous Phantoms for all three periods. Afterwards, I watched the Flyers. Since the Phantoms hired Kerry Huffman as assistant coach, the D-men are more structured than before and the defenders are allowed to self -activate to be more pro-active in the offensive zone. I am not sure if Hakstol's system allows that. Any comments?
Is the system that Hakstol uses conducive to the talent he has. Frolin was put into situations that he is incapable of controlling. Hakstol's system is a failure to communicate.

failure to communicate.jpg
Cool Hand Luke. Son.....we have a failure to communicate.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
On a serious note, it's incredibly puzzling that some people around here didn't learn their lesson from Couturier's development.

You would think - especially with how recently this happened - that there would be a little more patience when waiting for a young, high-potential center to get going.

But I guess I give people too much credit with these expectations.

The Sedins wouldn't have survived their first few seasons here.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I mean Mika "Way better than Couts AINEC" Zibanejad is doing so well. It's the beginning of NP's second season. We can have a little bit of patience with him. He was a gift from the hockey overlords. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth especially when that player could be the 2C we've been looking for.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad