Post-Game Talk: Point. - Preds vs Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Lol all the hate on a 4th liner that cost a 7th round pick is hilarious. He wasn't brought in for his skills, but for toughness which he is showing. If our main gripe is a 4th line tough guy weve got it pretty good. Relax and calm down geez

The gripe is that he wasted a forward slot for half the game.

Reactions: adsfan and Viqsi

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i was cool with him being a locker room presence. trying to re-create 16-17 magic run. but sheesh, i didn't think he would virtually be in the lineup to waste a forward spot and be a detriment so quickly.

Reactions: adsfan and LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
i was cool with him being a locker room presence. trying to re-create 16-17 magic run. but sheesh, i didn't think he would virtually be in the lineup to waste a forward spot and be a detriment so quickly.

Seriously. I was defending the hell out of the price because I assumed he’d play at most 10 games and be a good presence off the ice. I didn’t think they’d burn 3 of those 10 immediately.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I blame Poile for trading for him and Lavy for playing him. McLeod has always been ****ing awful yet you dip****s keep acquiring and playing him and then you have to bench him when he does something stupid and plays awful. WTF did you expect?
Based on quotes I've heard, blame Johansen for bringing him back

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Seriously. I was defending the hell out of the price because I assumed he’d play at most 10 games and be a good presence off the ice. I didn’t think they’d burn 3 of those 10 immediately.
i think the first game he played cause he was the new guy or whatever. these 2 against the blues im hoping it was solely cause of the blues. on a back to back, I don't get why he played both but with his penalty, I don't expect to see him again for 3-4 games.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I blame Poile for trading for him and Lavy for playing him. McLeod has always been ****ing awful yet you dip****s keep acquiring and playing him and then you have to bench him when he does something stupid and plays awful. WTF did you expect?

My daughter agrees with you. She said that "McLeod cost them a goal" today. He was a "waste of space". He would be more effective against the Jets, "the Blues are way too fast for him".

Back to me. I feel that Grimaldi would have been a better choice for today. A lot of people on here thought so before the game.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
McLeod has 20 total shifts in his three games as a Pred ... played a combined 5:20 against the Blues (3:08 at StL, 2:12 at home). We essentially iced 11 forwards for two consecutive games.

But hey, locker room, blah, blah, blah. Hire a god damn comedian if you need to loosen up the room. f***ing joke that you "need" a good guy in the locker room. Get the f*** over it and play.

Reactions: KurtAngle

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
What is with the refs not calling icing lately?
There were lots of people questioning the non-calls on these icings. But on the replays of these icings, they had one thing in common: the player skating back to get the icing call stopped skating before he reached the circles. Even if the linesman thinks the guy is faking how hard he is skating, if the player keeps his feet moving, they will (usually) still call icing. Once the player stopped moving his feet, they waived it off.

Reactions: TK 421

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
This long after the game and I'm still so mad at this team. I don't even care about the point right now.

No need to rehash everything again, but God Dammit Johansen shoot the f***ing puck!! If you're going to pass there, you better get it over that guy/his stick on the ice. And you didn't. And it went the other way and into our own net about 5 seconds later.

There is not a strong enough word to describe how bad our defensive coverage was.

Reactions: bdub24

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
McLeod has 20 total shifts in his three games as a Pred ... played a combined 5:20 against the Blues (3:08 at StL, 2:12 at home). We essentially iced 11 forwards for two consecutive games.
I dunno, doesn't that mean we played some guys MORE minutes than they would usually get? Like, if Arvy gets a couple more minutes or somebody else does, isn't that an upgrade, even over Grimaldi?

Just a devil's advocate throw out. I'd rather see Grimaldi in the lineup too. But I think it's fair that they got McLeod straight into the mix (well, as much as they dared anyway) straight away. Now they can go ahead and scratch him most of the rest of the way. Play him against Vegas the other two games against the Jets maybe. I expect it'll be more of the same even in those games, mind you - he won't visibly add anything on the ice. But as long as he adds in the room, that's all we were ever going to get anyway, and it can still be useful.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I dunno, doesn't that mean we played some guys MORE minutes than they would usually get? Like, if Arvy gets a couple more minutes or somebody else does, isn't that an upgrade, even over Grimaldi?

Just a devil's advocate throw out. I'd rather see Grimaldi in the lineup too. But I think it's fair that they got McLeod straight into the mix (well, as much as they dared anyway) straight away. Now they can go ahead and scratch him most of the rest of the way. Play him against Vegas the other two games against the Jets maybe. I expect it'll be more of the same even in those games, mind you - he won't visibly add anything on the ice. But as long as he adds in the room, that's all we were ever going to get anyway, and it can still be useful.

I can't think of anyone I want playing less against a good skating Vegas team than McLeod

Reactions: KurtAngle

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I can't think of anyone I want playing less against a good skating Vegas team than McLeod
Well, you could kind of extend that to basically all teams in the NHL these days, everybody skates faster than ever, and faster than McLeod. McLeod on the ice was always a complete throwback idea. Vegas with the whole biting incident and some heavier players and Reaves is basically one of the few teams you can even find any throwback justification for playing McLeod, I was thinking. If you're into that kind of throwback mentality to begin with. Which fewer and fewer people are of course.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think 99% of the time this "good for the locker room" is nonsense unless the guy can contribute on ice, which he does not.
I would be all for firing McCarthy at this point, making McLeod the assistant coach, and assigning him the task of fixing the PP.

I mean, what could it hurt? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad