Point finishes (especially for ones outside top 10)

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is there a site or resource that consolidates a players point finishes? The only tool and method I know of is Hockey-Reference's Top 10 Yearly points page.
NHL Yearly Top 10 Leaders and Records for Points

Then I click "Expand all leaderboards" > Ctrl+F "Player Name" and count the results.

---

Is there a better more efficient way to do this? And what about for moderate scorers who don't finish in the top 10 is there a feasible way to determine where they might have placed each year in their career instead of going to NHL.com and going Year-by-Year etc.?

@Hockey Outsider

Hope you don't mind if I drop your name, you are on the more knowledgeable posters I have seen on these boards when it comes to the numbers and everything so I figured you might know.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Is there a better more efficient way to do this? And what about for moderate scorers who don't finish in the top 10 is there a feasible way to determine where they might have placed each year in their career instead of going to NHL.com and going Year-by-Year etc.?

@Hockey Outsider

Hope you don't mind if I drop your name, you are on the more knowledgeable posters I have seen on these boards when it comes to the numbers and everything so I figured you might know.

Thanks! Unfortunately, there isn't an online resource (as far as I know) that lists player finishes outside of the top ten. (Hockey-reference.com shows the top twenty on a season-by-season basis, but they only show top tens on the player pages).

At one point (I can't remember when or how), I found a giant Excel file online with player stats from 1917-18 to whatever year it was at the time (probably around 2005). From there, it was pretty easy to calculate the player ranks for each season.

In this thread (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/top-twenty-in-goals-assists-and-points-1927-2017.2215487/), I show the top twenties for around 150 top player. But I admit it's not a very easy thread to read (too much data).

If you have any specific requests, I can look up players quickly. Or I can email you the Excel file.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad