Value of: Poehling + to MN Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Without context your stats are crap. He only played 8 minutes a game. He needs to be evaluated on his ability. If you are willing to put up with his defensive deficiencies and play him with a decent centre like Kotka he should be a 30+ goal scorer. I doubt anyone can make Greenway more than a 20 goal scorer.

What part of Habs need a proven top6 winger is giving you trouble??? Do you need help with comprehension?

KK needs a proven top6 winger. Not a completely unproven one with defensive deficiencies. We need to put KK in a position to succeed, not fail!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I think you are missing the point. Habs have no interest in Donato. Has nothing to do with Poehling. Habs don’t need to trade Poehling.
They shouldn't have interest in Donato, but not because Poehling played a few games in the NHL at age 21, which is what I was responding to.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Again dude , wild arent trading for Poehling, just stop. Guerin's move so far should show you wild are keeping the 9th pick. wild arent moving down for an ahl player who had a bad rookie season.

Just stop
You guys can keep your Donato's and Greenways. We don't want \need any of your 4th liners..

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They shouldn't have interest in Donato, but not because Poehling played a few games in the NHL at age 21, which is what I was responding to.

exactly. Poehling doesn’t factor into why the Habs have zero interest in Donato.

Donato is exactly the type of player that Julien would park on the 4th line ir press box.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Minny needs a young top 6 C. Habs need a young proven top 6 scoring winger. I don’t see a match as Mnny doesn’t habe the latter they would be willing to trade.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
What part of Habs need a proven top6 winger is giving you trouble??? Do you need help with comprehension?

KK needs a proven top6 winger. Not a completely unproven one with defensive deficiencies. We need to put KK in a position to succeed, not fail!
I have no problem reading. You said top 6 winger. Not PROVEN top 6 winger. Donato has top 6 potential. I wouldn't give up a PROVEN player for him but Poehling has not done anything special anywhere he has been other than the WJC. While there are reasons for that he still needs to prove he is an NHL player. Canadiens need to move Domi/Danault for a to 6 winger and try to sign a FA like Dadonov. If none of that materializes Donato is a far better option than crap like Armia and Lehkonen.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Minny needs a young top 6 C. Habs need a young proven top 6 scoring winger. I don’t see a match as Mnny doesn’t habe the latter they would be willing to trade.

I mean, regardless of what each teams biggest need is, that has nothing to do with anything when someone makes a thread asking Wild fans what they can get with a bottom 6 center prospect+.

It just goes without saying that you're not going to be discussing top 6 anything if the basis of the thread is Poehling.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I have no problem reading. You said top 6 winger. Not PROVEN top 6 winger. Donato has top 6 potential. I wouldn't give up a PROVEN player for him but Poehling has not done anything special anywhere he has been other than the WJC. While there are reasons for that he still needs to prove he is an NHL player. Canadiens need to move Domi/Danault for a to 6 winger and try to sign a FA like Dadonov. If none of that materializes Donato is a far better option than crap like Armia and Lehkonen.
No, you have problem reading.

Habs need a top 6 winger. Donato is not a top6 winger. To be a top 6 winger, you have to produce (at least once) top6 scoring over a full season .

No one would ever consider Donato to be a top 6 guy. That’s absurd!

And I wouldn’t discuss top 6 with Poehling.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I mean, regardless of what each teams biggest need is, that has nothing to do with anything when someone makes a thread asking Wild fans what they can get with a bottom 6 center prospect+.

It just goes without saying that you're not going to be discussing top 6 anything if the basis of the thread is Poehling.

No one is discussing top6 anything with Poehling as a base. And seeing that none of the players in the OP’s post are top6, tjen there is nothing to argue about.

From a Habs perspective it makes zero sense to yrade Poehling- especially for players the Habs do not need.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
No, you have problem reading.

Habs need a top 6 winger. Donato is not a top6 winger. To be a top 6 winger, you have to produce (at least once) top6 scoring over a full season .

No one would ever consider Donato to be a top 6 guy. That’s absurd!

And I wouldn’t discuss top 6 with Poehling.
Are you crazy. I said potential top 6 player. Your idiotic definition of a top 6 winger defies description. In other words McDavid wasn't a top 6 centre until he had a good season??????????? Canadiens NHL Scouts would have to let MB know what they think Donato's potential is. Poehling is not needed unles they move Danault and Domi.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are you crazy. I said potential top 6 player. Your idiotic definition of a top 6 winger defies description. In other words McDavid wasn't a top 6 centre until he had a good season??????????? Canadiens NHL Scouts would have to let MB know what they think Donato's potential is. Poehling is not needed unles they move Danault and Domi.

Donato is 24 and no where close to a top6 winger. And if you can’t produce top6 offense and you suck defensively then you are a huge risk. Habs would have ZERO interest in Donato.

Minny needs a top6 C and Poehling is not that. I see Poehling as a potential top9 C who is very good defensively. Hopefully he realizes that potential.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No one is discussing top6 anything with Poehling as a base. And seeing that none of the players in the OP’s post are top6, tjen there is nothing to argue about.

From a Habs perspective it makes zero sense to yrade Poehling- especially for players the Habs do not need.

YOU brought up top 6 wingers in a Poehling thread?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
YOU brought up top 6 wingers in a Poehling thread?

I brought up Habs team needs. Trading for players that do not fit our needs makes zero sense.

Trading Poehling makes zero sense. This thread makes zero sense. You make zero sense as well. lol

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Players are not top 6 players until they prove to be. That’s how it works. Gallagher wasn’t a 30 goal scorer until he accomplished it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Because we don't need bottom 6 centers

He's put up 54 pts as a C in Detroit. He is reasonably young. Probably sign him at 3.5M. Way better than the options you have at hand. Minny's defense can cover up his defensive issues.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We don't have a 3rd, for one.

A guy with the worst plus-minus in the league doesn't strike me as a "natural center", for two.

He played on one of the league's worst teams. Not saying he's Danault but you have to factor in how bad the RedWings were.

AA at least has offensive ability and plays C. What do you have to lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->