Proposal: Poehling & Scherbak for Bean & Gauthier?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Possible but I doubt it. I'm more of the type to bet on probability. Broberg might fit though... if he slips outside of the top 10. But he likely plays SHL next year.

How long does Bouchard take to be in the Oilers top 4D?

Of those drafted in the 10-20 range since 2015, there are already a bunch of dmen playing regularly in the NHL. Chabot, McAvoy, Chychrun are good NHL dmen already while Cholowski, Välimäki and Bouchard are doing well in their rookie seasons, not to even mention a few guys drafted beyond the 20th pick. It's absolutely reasonable to pick a guy in the 10-20 range and expect him to make an impact in his D+3 season. Some are longer projects, some might never pan out, but drafting can be effective when done well.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
The teams you would expect to be continuing their rebuild (Rangers, Islanders, Sabres, Yotes, Nucks) are all doing surprisingly well, and the tweener teams like Chicago are all doing decently.

Florida is struggling, as are LA; and the only rebuilding team that is doing what they should be doing (losing) is Detroit.

Florida has Barkov and Trocheck --- for the future they have Borgstrom and Heponiemi down the middle; they don't need Poehling

LA has Kopitar and Carter --- for the future they have Vilardi, Kupari and Anderson-Dolan down the middle, they don't need Poehling.

Detroit has Larkin, Athanasiou who are young, as well as Rasmussen and Veleno, they don't need Poehling.

Kid has value, but nobody really needs him right now

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not sure the Habs would trade Poehling at this stage but they might if Domi, Kotkaniemi, Danault can handle the future top 3C roles. Time will tell.

Habs lack depth at LD. Canes appear to have it. Is there a deal here Canes fans?

Fair value to both teams or is it offsided?

I wouldn't go near this if I'm MTL.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I know of the various reports. Does Poehling and a 2nd make sense vs what the Blues gave up? How about Bergevin telling the media to let the Sabres GM call me if his prices goes down? I don't believe that report was correct but I could be wrong. It just don't add up to me.

Regardless, it's a derail conversation. The point is what we have today, not what we had before the draft.
Poehling is much highly viewed than a prospect like Thompson. He was and remains a hot commodity.
Your proposal is an ez no and a shame.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
If Poehling is getting moved a better LD than Bean better be coming back. I actually like Julien Gauthier tho, underrated prospect.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Habs have been waiting for numerous years for a real first and second center... so they will not trade Poehling, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi for sure.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
habs are in no position to be trading good C prospects
I would't say that, next year we might end up with a C problem.
We'll have Danault - Domi - KOK - then it will play between Poehling and Suzuki, don't forget Peca-Pleky.
I would probably keep Suzuki before Poehling though so yeah Poehling might be tradeble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad