Prospect Info: Podkolzin

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Many pro-scouts and myself included, believe that Vasili Podkolzin is the best player available at #3.

It's

T1 : Hughes/Kakko
T2: Podkolzin
T3; Byram/Toucette, etc

Podkolzin's playstyle is very similar to that of Andrei Svechnikov,

The young Moscow native has elite skating ability and strength ---- his wrister is extremely elite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We have a thread for #3 pick you should have probably posted this in

Podkolzin would be wonderful if he wasn't signed for 2 more years in Russia and a ? to when and if he will come over

Too much a risk for Hawks to take at #3

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He's the clear pick at 3

If he wasn't signed for 2 more years in Russia and hasn't exactly expressed desire to come to NA even after his contract ends

The Russian factor is very much in play here unlike Svech last year who was safe pick high given he spent 2 years in NA and was not signed to play in Russia nor showed any desire to play in Russia

Reactions: LDF

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Podz wasn't in consideration since nobody felt he'd come over.
huh??

I am saying you voted for Cozens as the #1 pick...now you say Pods is clearly #3...so that means you have one of Hughes or Kakko outside the top 3..that is why I am questioning what on Earth you are talking about

upload_2019-4-13_14-50-16.png

see that 1 vote for Cozens??? that is you....

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
I'm okay if we make different threads to discuss each player, but maybe not specifically to debate taking them at 3? Maybe just discuss the player objectively instead?

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I like the way he drives through players with his strength.

Like Saad with a bit of Hossa
That's what I thought. There are people or results driven thoughts that question his shot or hands in general.

So he could be a Landeskog or Alfy type but I think theres some concern and analysis needed. Dont want him to have too many of the old mini Hossa flaws and he a better mini hoss.

I think this thread should stay and each if the main prospects for 3 should have their own thread to talk about their skills. The main who drafting threads get analysed pushed behind pages of rambling too much.

Reactions: Cowch

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I'd be pissed if we wasted our top 3 pick on a Russian player. Bowman please draft anyone but Podkolzin or whatever the f*** his name is.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'd be pissed if we wasted our top 3 pick on a Russian player. Bowman please draft anyone but Podkolzin or whatever the **** his name is.
here is my disclaimer and i am sure many will feel like i do.

Pod skill is undeniable, he is a good one in the making. my problem and this has to do with his chances of coming to the NHL is what is driving the narrative against him. the Bhawks are in a precarious position, they are really close to getting back into the playoff with a young team that may sustain them for yrs to come.... again depending on the skill of the Scouting department. at #3, we may not see a draft this high for the Bhawk so may the slot work.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This kid gets a lot of hate but he is obviously a really good player, lots of people hating on him because he is Russian but he is for sure a top 5 player in this draft

I don't see hate for him being Russian

I see people put off by fact he is under contract for two more years and hasn't exactly shown enthusiasm for coming over after those 2 years

People should be wary about investing a #3 pick in someone who may never come over

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't see hate for him being Russian

I see people put off by fact he is under contract for two more years and hasn't exactly shown enthusiasm for coming over after those 2 years

People should be wary about investing a #3 pick in someone who may never come over

To be clear, he not shown anything either way about coming or staying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->