OT: Podcast Suggestions, what are you listening to?

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Really surprised no one has mentioned the Tim Ferriss podcasts.

Jocko Willnik was mentioned and he’s got an incredible episode with Tim. He started his podcast after going on with Tim

Urban Meyer and Tim Kight have the Focus 3 podcast which is really good too

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I listen to Pod Save America and Pod Save the World. I like the latter as it is focused on what is going on internationally but presents it all in one space and without spin. I also like the guests they bring on.

Yup, agreed. It is definitely nice hearing the perspective of former government employees on these things, a bit more weight coming from people who were in the room and aren't just armchair quarterbacking... I've gotten a better handle on some things from listening to these guys.
PSA is more unabashedly biased, and a little lighter but the guests are top shelf on both

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I've been binging Behind the Bastards at work lately... Robert Evans is hilarious. Making light of a lot of the grifters, racists and conmen that have shaped the modern world.

Unreserved is a CBC radio podcast about First Nations issues and history I've found very interesting lately

Pod Save America and Last Podcast on the Left are more popular mainstays i listen to every week, the latter less if it's just some random serial killer. I dont find i have much of a stomach for blood and guts true crime anymore.
I love Behind the Bastards. Listen to several other of these as well, but Bastards is my fave of the bunch.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I've got some quirky ones... Music related, I really dig Steven Hyden and he's got two I love. Rivals is a podcast that was recently dropped from new episodes (bummer) about music beefs between bands and or artists (think Noel and Liam Gallagher, Beatles vs. Stones, that sort of thing) and examines the tension from both sides. Very fun. Second he's got a great Grateful Dead podcast called 36 from the Vault, which is going back and reviewing all of the 36 Dicks Picks live releases made by GD records.

I Spy is a fun one which is half hour episodes where they interview a spy or government operative that is allowed to discuss a declassified operation that he/she was on. The espionage stories are very cool.

Finally, mixing both of those topics...a single season one that I loved was Winds of Change. Winds of Change was a crazy story, that an Author's friend told him a story he heard from a CIA agent that the Scorpions song Winds of Change was actually written by the CIA and given to the Scorpions, to try and use Rock and Roll to destabilize the Soviets around the time of Gorbachev. That was an awesome podcast!!!

So I definitely enjoyed the first episode of 36 From the Vault, definitely appreciate the recommendation!

As I said earlier, I'm not a huge Dead fan by any means but I like them well enough. I think I like learning about them and their vibe/scene more than I enjoy the musis itself. I think that's why I'm reading Bruce Springsteen's book, too. I think he's kind of annoying but I like reading about him.

Reactions: BlackCrowes

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If you enjoy politics/current events/behind the scenes type stuff you may like David Axelrod's podcast The Axe Files.

He interviews a new person each week. So good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad