Podcast Brian Burke shown the door.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Was it personality, difference in opinion or just time? we talk about todays big news Burke Fired1 whats your thoughts

itunes
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/leaf-matters/id577173646?mt=2

MP3
http://podalmighty.com/leafsmatters/21-leafmatters.mp3

Watch Utube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laVr6jIItrA

podcast.png

Last edited:

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
all of the above.

never occured to him he has to sometimes be diplomatic.
his self-imposed trade deadline was just stupid.
his team sucked and his time was up.

WhataStick

Jan 1, 2012
Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .

x94Galchenyuk94x*

Toronto Maple leafs what a Mickey Mouse Operation!! Firing a GM days before training camp what a joke!! It's as bad as Montreal trading Cammereli during the second period last year!!. New owners are a Real class act Hah! Toronto won't win another stanley cup with idiots at corporate level making stupid decisions like that. Leaf organization makes 4 steps forward then get new owners & move 5 stepbackwards. Hey New owners Bell & Rogers ancient Rome was not built overnight. It takes time & effort to build a winning team. Mistakes will be made but pieces were being built so don't mess things up just when your almost there. Never mind boycotting Leaf games because of the lockout, boyott leaf games because incompetent owners do not know what they are doing!! Leaf fans are the losers!!
Brain Burke is a winner & he was going to bring back Toronto to glory - cause he was dedicated & passionate for the Leaf Fans. now you just setback the clock as if Toronto fans have not suffered enough.Idiot owners did not think of the fallout of the firing - how lower management, coaches & players are going to react .Yah Yah they are professionals -but they are also human with feelings . I'm sure they are rattled by this corporate decision.Burke was best man for the job no matter how long it was going to take. He was no push over- loyal & passionate to a fault. Try to find another GM with his qualities. Brian Burke was Too strong minded for these new corporate idiots at Bell & Rogers!! Yah they want a yes man but Burke runs his own show.
Some of you will disagree with my comments but anybody with any common sense will agree you don't fire a GM days away from training camp. Another lost season. Shame on you Bell & Rogers. These corporate idiots have let Leafs fans down just when things were starting to look good. I wish Mr. Norris the best in this awfull situation replacing your mentor for the second time. What a terrible position to put a guy through-Now I know why Leas have not won stanely cup since 1967 . It's a Mickey Mouse operation just look how they've hired & fired managers & coaches since 1969. It's a joke!!
It's hard to follow a team when they make stupid decsions like they did today. Agree or disagree with Burke's record. You just don't fire a GM days befor training camp & rattle the organization at its core.Enough already I said my piece .

:shakehead

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

That's a hell of a 2nd post my friend.

I agree on many things you stated.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

The best time to fire a person .....is when you first decide it. The new owners have not been in Control all that long and if they did this right away they would be accused of not giving Burke a chance. I'm sure that they have had many meetings and after these meetings they decided that they did not want Burke as the man heading up the hockey team.....so why would they wait?

What purpose would it serve to allow a person you did not support continue as the teams President and GM?

It would serve no useful purpose to leave him as a lame duck President and GM. The reason why they hired Nonis, is that the season would be seamless as Nonis handled many of the tasks that he now is responsible for.

I say we are better for this as the circus just left town.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
I think something happened recently, maybe not that day or the night before. But something that lead them to pull the trigger. If it was planned over months Nonis would have been more prepared for that press confrence. He seemed hurt,shocked and surprised. This was not a move that was months in the making IMHO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad