Nov 15, 2013
So long playoff beard.
We had a good run.

1epe34.jpg

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
More experience for our young D, and growth for PLD going into next season.
Need to avoid early slumps, and players like Wenny, Bjork, Boone and Andy need to bring it consistently.
We’ve got depth but lack top tier talent.
Use this depth to bring in another superstar like Panarin. Maybe package Milano or any other good young forward + Gabriel Carlsson to bring in another proven young star player to go with Bread.
Once again it’s proven we lack top talent.

I’d say address that, and give Bob one more chance to turn it around in the playoffs.
It wasn’t on him this time around.
I love Bob so maybe I’m giving him more leeway than some, but I think he deserves one last chance to get it right. And I think he can.
If not, then it will be time to move on. But now is not the time to move him.
We have enough orgazational depth to move some young players to get another star. We don’t need to move Bob

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Another depressing feeling walking out of Nationwide tonight...

I did however take a picture of the handshake as a reminder that in some sort of way I believe we’re on the winning side of that shake next year/sooooooon. And god-willing I’ll be there to see it.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If Taveras is genuinely available, I would go after him and trade Pooh to use his $5 million as part of the compensation for Taveras.

Reactions: Halfboard

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Gut punch tonight. Deep down I didn't have much confidence after game 4. Not being able to finish chances and trying to pass the puck into the net happened too often in this series.
Many things to figure out this off season. What about Bob? To sign Cole or not. Calvert? Etc, etc.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Any time four out of six games go to OT, obviously series could have gone either way. Selfishly, i’m glad it was the Caps who came out on top. But i could have lived with the other outcome, too, because your team has skill and heart. Guys like Calvert, Atkinson, Wennberg, and Panarin are all tough to stop. Werenski & Jones on blue line are scary, too.

You laid a serious beatdown on us in February. And then you walked into our barn and beat us two straight in the postseason, right off the bat. Punched us right in the nose.

If i don’t hear your damn cannon again for a few months, that’ll be okay with me.

Anyway, congrats on a hard-fought series. I hope the Caps can learn from the grit and resilience we saw on your side and can maybe get over the hump against PIT finally.

Have a good summer, see you in the fall.

Last edited:

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Better luck next season! And more urgency when needed and less when not needed.
I also will never get dump and change play they have been doing this season.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
That was classic Jackets. Inability to give crisp passes, inability to catch passes, passing in the skates, inaccurate shooting, elimination game and dont get the sense of urgency until they're down 3 goals, Bob the momentum killer when you just scored a goal. The penitentiary curse decided to take a break early in the series and then decided to show up in the final 4.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Unfortunately, the game that will encapsulate this series for me will be Game 4, when they absolutely laid an egg in front of an adoring crowd, with a chance to take a 3-1 series lead back to Washington. The reasons why don't even matter. Just the fact they lost in such a manner speaks to lingering character problems in that locker room. The ripple effect from that game will reach beyond this series loss and determine the look of this team come October.

That said, decent season. Never had two playoff seasons in a row before. Felt good. Need to continue to grow, though. It'll be interesting to see how.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
-Bread makes his linemates better, The inverse is not true . He probably could put up the same numbers playing on lines one through three
- a poorly managed series adjustment wise?
- predictable power play
- a undisciplined team (how many total penalties in the series?)
- The Wennberg loss really hurt
- you can not give up a soft goal or two per game and win a playoff series.
- A hot Washington goalie games 3-6.
- the great 8 is still great

Last edited:

iconoclast22

Mar 25, 2015
Well, that about does it for me. This franchise is a perpetual loser, and I have been losing interest and only loosely followed them this season. Glad I didn’t waste my time, as they managed to pull off the same ol classic jackets who never deliver when it counts. Since I am relocating to another market this year, and this team for the past 18 years has given zero reasons to maintain ties, I am officially done with the jackets. They can lose for the next 18 years, I don’t care anymore. Done.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Well I think we out played them for first 10 minutes. Thought we were buzzing around, doing good things. In typical CBJ fashion nothing to show for it offensively.
After Washington scored it seemed to be vintage Jackets with a spurt here and there, lot of terrible passes, dumb penalties.
I've always been a Torts (and Hitch) but maybe his time has come. JJ would have been a better play than Nutti in this series. Washington was pushing us around in their offensive zone, and JJ could have helped.
We also need a lot more offensive skill. Bread was getting hit as soon as he touched the puck and he couldn't hold up. Great talent but can't do it alone.
Now Seth Jones - he is special. Always seems to be in right place. Just a smart, great hockey player.
Bob - well at least he didn't suck this series. But questions will linger if he can ever play well in playoffs.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bobs comments after the game are cringeworthy.... #CBJ Sergei Bobrovsky on his mental state:“After this season, I would completely disagree if anyone were to say that I need to see a psychologist. I thought played strong overall all season. I was consistent, good in the playoffs. I could be better, we still lost."

He was brutal in game 6, once again when it matters . He did have a couple good games , game 1 and game 2, last 3 games , save percentages of .906 , .862 , and .815. Sorry Bob , that’s Unacceptable for the second highest paid goalie in the league . With that salary come a certain type of expectations , to be elite , when it matters .

His career playoff stats now read 5 wins , 14 losses... GAA 3.49 .... Save Percentage .891

Time for the Cbj to move on, or let him walk after next year , but I don’t go into the playoffs next year with him as my first option

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Well, that about does it for me. This franchise is a perpetual loser, and I have been losing interest and only loosely followed them this season. Glad I didn’t waste my time, as they managed to pull off the same ol classic jackets who never deliver when it counts. Since I am relocating to another market this year, and this team for the past 18 years has given zero reasons to maintain ties, I am officially done with the jackets. They can lose for the next 18 years, I don’t care anymore. Done.

LOL, ok. Just become a Penguins fan and be done with it, already.

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Any time four out of six games go to OT, obviously series could have gone either way. Selfishly, i’m glad it was the Caps who came out on top. But i could have lived with the other outcome, too, because your team has skill and heart. Guys like Calvert, Atkinson, Wennberg, and Panarin are all tough to stop. Werenski & Jones on blue line are scary, too.

You laid a serious beatdown on us in February. And then you walked into our barn and beat us two straight in the postseason, right off the bat. Punched us right in the nose.

If i don’t hear your damn cannon again for a few months, that’ll be okay with me.

Anyway, congrats on a hard-fought series. I hope the Caps can learn from the grit and resilience we saw on your side and can maybe get over the hump against PIT finally.

Have a good summer, see you in the fall.

Please, beat the Pens

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Well, I want Ovi to win a cup, so if this collapse by the CBJ somehow sparks the Caps to an incredible run now, I can live with it.

That collapse was brutal though. That will take some time to get over. I hope it haunts the team this summer. Being a Cleveland fan all my life, I am far too used to soul crushing defeat and mentally prepared myself for this situation once the Caps won game 3.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Don't let the door hit ya

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't forget Wennberg's $4.9M for 5 more years. 35 points was terrible for one of the pillars of our team.
There's more to a player than his stat line. There's a reason he was on the PK and was on the ice in late game situations. A 23/24 year old center making just under 5M isn't THE problem. It definitely hurt, but I'm more worried about the guys who make 6M+ with NMCs who completely fell off the map.

Now let me compare by only using stat lines

Foligno(6M+) pt totals last 4 seasons, playing at least 70 games:

73, 37, 51, 33

Dubinskys(6M+) last 4 seasons playing at least 60 games:

50, 48, 41, 16

Wennbergs(4.9M) only 4 seasons:

20, 40, 59, 35

Wennberg had 5 PP points. The PP was a shit show (I'll put part of that on Wennberg, but there's 4 other guys and multiple coaches who f***ed that up this year) compared to last season where he had 20+ PP pts.

Revamp the PP and Wennberg will easily worth his 5M

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
**** anyone rooting for the Pens over the Caps. Take a big step back and **** your own face.

I live in DC. I will root for the Pens over the caps.

It murders my insides to do it, but it must be done.

f*** the craps. I will not watch these shitty, maryland donk redneck fans celebrate a win over the Penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad