GDT: PO Game 3: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/17 7:30PM | NBCSN, FSOhio

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
So the real question is, can Washington play any better than they have? The other question is can we stop with stupid penalties giving them a chance?

At this point it seems like it's up to us to figure out a way to lose this more than Washington figuring out a way to win it. If we don't beat ourselves, I think we're in good shape.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Calling it as I saw it...

I thought play was pretty even for the first three periods. Then the OTs came and Washington took the edge. Bob bailed us out many times, as did Holtby for the Caps. Both played outstanding. Hate to say it but I have a feeling that if WSH started Holtby every game of the series so far, it would be 2-1 Caps.

Oh, and refs... either call it fair on both sides or don’t call any at all. I think we got away with a ton of penalties tonight, most notably the high stick on Oshie. But they also missed a few calls on WSH, as well. Reffing has killed this series. Killed the flow entirely. As Seth Jones said, we are definitely a far better team at 5v5 but, we haven’t got the chance to see that as it seems like every single game is played more than half, a man down on either side. It’s been brutal.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
OMG..... the post game announcers are talking about OT fatigue after three OT games..

Stop it.... This is the NHL not a poker club!! Talk about conspiracy theories...

Alexei Yashvalev

Nov 15, 2006
Victoria B.C.
Not saying Bob lost the game (though it was really bad rebound control on be winner), but you need your goalie to stop allowing so many goals.

I bet that no team in NHL history has a longer streak of allowing 3 or more goals in consecutive playoff games.

Bobrovsky's goals saved above average is outstanding.

Corsica | Goalie Stats

He's been the fourth best goalie in the playoffs, only Schneider, MAF and Martin Jones have been better. Not sure what more you can ask from him.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Gotta win Thursday Blue Jackets.... Don't f*** it up and be one of the 20% that lose a series after winning the first two on the road..

Holtby is washed up trying to save his career!!!

Put some lead on the guy!!!!! In the net not the posts!!!

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
CBJ out played the Caps all night.... Our goaltending and defense was good enough...

Our offense sucked... Jesus, we're getting out shot every night!!

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Watching the intermission show of the Vegas/LA game. Showed the GWG from our game. Vanek really messed up. He went for a change which gave the C(r)aps the 3-2.

Thomas Vanish at wrong time.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Welp, going to have win the series in game 5.

1st OT the Jackets had many chances, the second OT, was played on their heels. It was almost like you could see we were trying to counter punch but were running on fumes.

Win game 4 at home boys
Lets do it regulation please, I think I'm getting grayer up top after the first 3 games of this series.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
WTF????

Just got home from work & look at the boxscore & see Bjorkstrand-Lestesu-Milano hardly played, all less than 10 minutes, in a double OT game???????

JFC Torts, you just can't do things like that!!!!!!!!!! Why are they even dressed ffs!
Back to your old f***ing tricks I see.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Heartbreaker. We were buzzing in OT1 and dead tired in Ot2. It makes me wonder that we might have used too much energy in our games coming from behind and not having much left. Plus, they've played almost 2 extra games in OTs alone. Both teams are probably dead tired.

We didn't deserve to win Game 2, but they didn't deserve to win Game 3. Chalk it up to regression to the mean. Winner of game 4 will win the series. I am still confident this series goes 7.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Went to bed after 2nd period, figured watching the end via dvr worked twice already, I was hoping for a third.

Game exposed the flaws on the team:

Lose Wennberg and the whole offensive flow goes to hell except for the top line.

Jenner & Matty are all star in the effort department but not so good with the shots (Calverts gwg notwithstanding)

Milano & Bjorkstrand aren't ready for prime time. If not now when?

I'm surprised Vanek had more than 10 minutes TOI - I began to wonder if he was hurt. Talk about a non-factor without Wennberg. Still think he needs to be re-signed but maybe only for one year rather than the 2 I have advocated.

All in all I thought the team played well until they were exhausted then they looked desperate.

Positives:

Playoff Bob 2.0

The future with the top line (hopefully) intact for the next 8 years

Jones & Werenski heading up a pretty solid D corps

Anderson

Win Game 4 and Jackets still in the drivers seat.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Did Torts get through his PC without having to answer why he dressed 2 guys and then didn’t play them, running the rest of the forwards into the ground?

Got some soft media members.
They’ve been told all year what questions he will or won’t answer remember? ;)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
CBJ played a great game.
It literally took a funny bounce to get the caps back in the series.

After telling my wife about the game result, she simply says "As long as they (CBJ) win more games than them."

For those so upset about this loss, did you really expect CBJ to go through the playoffs unbeaten?

I still have a great feeling about this team.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Watching the intermission show of the Vegas/LA game. Showed the GWG from our game. Vanek really messed up. He went for a change which gave the C(r)aps the 3-2.

Thomas Vanish at wrong time.

Here's video and JR's analysis

Didn't realize that Vanek effed up.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Here's video and JR's analysis

Didn't realize that Vanek effed up.

Yeah, and Foligno kind of goofed in the offensive zone as well from what I remember. It was a very questionable forward line decision by Torts. Sadly I don't have the luxury of a DVR'd game, but I was expecting another line.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
We need Wennberg back, in a big way. His line looks somewhat lost without him (aside from Boone going beast mode in the third)... get him back, Foligno back down a line, and everyone falls back into comfortable roles. If that happens, we're going to be fine.

In Vanek's defence you have to recognize the offensive skill he showed even in this game as he couple times guided the puck straight into prime goalscoring sectors with his decision-making.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Gotta be honest, this is the result I expected last night. But I'm also expecting a CBJ victory in game 4. So all is well.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: CPTN71

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
OMG..... the post game announcers are talking about OT fatigue after three OT games..

Stop it.... This is the NHL not a poker club!! Talk about conspiracy theories...

They've played 4+ games over the span of 3. I don't think any club, be in a poker club or a triathlon club, wouldn't be affected by it.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Well, I just about lost my voice last night. Great game other than the disturbance near us that required usher intervention (some people need to lay off the booze).

Thought the Jackets played a good game, as did the Caps. So many posts and crossbars, but that's how it goes.

For those that wonder why Milano isn't playing very much, just look at him in his own zone, he's really bad. For all of his offensive potential, he has not developed an all-around game yet, and Torts won't have him out there as a liability. Bjorkstrand isn't much better and quite frankly has regressed since early in the season. Dubi just doesn't have it anymore - he's lost a stride or three and is basically a face-off man and penalty killer now.

Have no feel for how game 4 plays out. Would behoove the Jackets to score the first goal for once....make the Caps play catch-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad