GDT: PO Game 3: Columbus vs. Washington | 4/17 7:30PM | NBCSN, FSOhio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jackets were lucky to play 90 minutes tonight. They didn’t look prepared to play until the last quarter of the 3rd period.

I realize the PP isn’t going to score at the clip they put forth in Game 1 and 2, but come on. The 2nd unit is unplayable if the whole plan is for to Foligno to go 1-on-4 for an entry or to dump it with everyone standing on the blueline.

If the Jackets had an average PP they would be contending for the Presidents Trophy. Instead they are a WC team and lost a playoff game because of it.
Our PP has been good since the TD.... it was zero tonight.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Got it.

And whom do we put in? The bench was already shortened to 10 forwards, by your idea it's down to 8.

Not sure if recipe for success or complete sabotage...

We have who we have, not a whole lot of choices. I'd probably play Letestu more than Foligno, but Torts is in love with the Captain. Also I'm not really sure why Dubinsky got his ire.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I thought that the CBJ outplayed Washington. Now a lot of that has to do with #9, of course.

The pressure is still all on Washington.

Might be off a little on these numbers, but I calculated that Bob has a 2.62 GAA and a .925 save percentage. The winning goal was a fluke. The (legitimate) worries about Bob going into this series are over. The Jackets are still very much in the driver's seat.
Nhl.com had him at .933. But yeah.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I actually thought, top to bottom, this was our best game of the series. Everyone looked engaged and aside from a few mental lapses, played really well.

I don't get the hate for Dubinsky, honestly. The guy has never been a big time scorer and he does a solid job of being physical, wins faceoffs and takes the tough assignments. The penalty was as much bad luck as it was stupidity. That play happens thousands of times a game.

Foligno looks like he's trying to do too much, as does Werenski. Limited samples of Bjorkstrand and Milano, but really I'm not sure how you can complain about anyone else tonight. They worked really hard, but the Caps -- and especially Holtby -- played a great game. Their most complete game of the series also.

We need Wennberg back, in a big way. His line looks somewhat lost without him (aside from Boone going beast mode in the third)... get him back, Foligno back down a line, and everyone falls back into comfortable roles. If that happens, we're going to be fine.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Bob did NOT lose this game.... freaking guys like Foligno did... Not producers..

His post was not to be read as placing blame on Bob for the loss. He has a point, it would be nice if we didn't give up 3+ goals every game.

Reactions: MFRONE

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Bob’s been incredible but it would be nice if he didn’t allow 3 goals or more every playoff game.
Yep, that annoying streak goes on
You just had to know with the score being what it was, and us never surrending under 3 in a playoff game, that fate just wouldn’t be in our side. A goddamn shame

Enjoy this now Caps. Because your goon asses are just delaying the inevitable yearly chokejob
Enjoy the Metro basement starting next season you classless bums

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Bob did NOT lose this game.... freaking guys like Foligno did... Not producers..
Not saying Bob lost the game (though it was really bad rebound control on be winner), but you need your goalie to stop allowing so many goals.

I bet that no team in NHL history has a longer streak of allowing 3 or more goals in consecutive playoff games.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
34nmder.jpg

Reactions: Jackets Fan

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I actually thought, top to bottom, this was our best game of the series. Everyone looked engaged and aside from a few mental lapses, played really well.

I don't get the hate for Dubinsky, honestly. The guy has never been a big time scorer and he does a solid job of being physical, wins faceoffs and takes the tough assignments. The penalty was as much bad luck as it was stupidity. That play happens thousands of times a game.

Foligno looks like he's trying to do too much, as does Werenski. Limited samples of Bjorkstrand and Milano, but really I'm not sure how you can complain about anyone else tonight. They worked really hard, but the Caps -- and especially Holtby -- played a great game. Their most complete game of the series also.

We need Wennberg back, in a big way. His line looks somewhat lost without him (aside from Boone going beast mode in the second)... get him back, Foligno back down a line, and everyone falls back into comfortable roles. If that happens, we're going to be fine.

Kind of took everything Washington had to pull out a win and we didn't play our best. Even so we hit like 10 posts and almost none of the rebounds ended up on a Jackets stick. We easily could have gotten 4 or 5 in regulation.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018

We need Wennberg back, in a big way. His line looks somewhat lost without him (aside from Boone going beast mode in the third)... get him back, Foligno back down a line, and everyone falls back into comfortable roles. If that happens, we're going to be fine.
This is the game I saw. Well said.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not saying Bob lost the game (though it was really bad rebound control on be winner), but you need your goalie to stop allowing so many goals.

I bet that no team in NHL history has a longer streak of allowing 3 or more goals in consecutive playoff games.

Wut

Bob has been outstanding. Make no mistake, no Bob, and this likely is a 3-0 series. The other way.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Jesus... Bob was excellent tonight.... If the CBJ can't score more than 2 goals it's not Bobs fault...

Calvert should be on the second line.... Foligno should sell pizza!!!!

Reactions: Jackets Fan

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wut

Bob has been outstanding. Make no mistake, no Bob, and this likely is a 3-0 series. The other way.

I can only think of two goals that I would have liked Bob to have back, otherwise he's been quite solid. We'd all like to see Vezina Bob, he's not quite there yet but he's certainly one of our top 3 or 4 performers (Panarin, Atkinson, Jones in the mix. Werenski, PLD, and Jenner close behind.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad