GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Washington | 4/15 7:30PM | NBCSN/FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think he was a victim of the situation more than Torts not liking him or Milano not being ready for the playoffs. So much of that game was spent on a powerplay or penalty kill and we had to come back from a deficit as well. Milano isn't going to get powerplay time or penalty kill time in the playoffs and putting him out there in overtime when you don't fully trust him defensively isn't going to happen. .

I agree with most of what you said but I'm not sure why he shouldn't get pp time. If anything he has good offensive instincts. IIRC he played some pp during the latter part of the season?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I was shocked the stats showed less than 10 minutes. It looked to me that he was on the ice almost 15-20 minutes.

The only change I might make is to give Nuti a little more ice time. I think you can trust him for more than 16 minutes a nite, can't play Jones 30 minutes a nite. I don't think.

Nuti probably would have played more than 16 minutes if we didn't take 7 penalties

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I wish these series were best of 5 not best of 7. Yes, teams that are up 2-0 in the series win it 88% of the time, but I due to the Jackets youth and lack of experience I can't rule out a Caps comeback. After all, they've been outshot and outchanced and the difference in both games was an OT goal.

Actually, I take that back. So far Tom Wilson has been 0-0-0 in 2 games. He has done 2 stupid things and the Jackets are 2/2 scoring on those stupid things. The difference (besides Bob) has been Wilson's stupidity hurting the Caps.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
You're literally just posting catch-phrases now?

"Four passes break any defence" is a principle, a rule of ice hockey of the Sun King, ice hockey lion number 79 whose period as the head coach of France at the World Championship level in the 1990's gave birth to Alexandre Texier's career in example. I think that rule describes exactly what made both comeback goals of this series so far possible over slogans such as "shoot more " which almost contributed to this team missing the play-offs with prolonged offensive drought.

Recently "Tami" was also in the national headlines as video of MTV3's formula one announcer was uploaded into YouTube, imitating this icon of Finnish ice hockey to his friends during a bachelor party, while showing the anaconda to the yard spruce as he was recorded doing the imitation. Tamminen vowed that nobody pisses over his brand so there could be a trial.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I wish these series were best of 5 not best of 7. Yes, teams that are up 2-0 in the series win it 88% of the time, but I due to the Jackets youth and lack of experience I can't rule out a Caps comeback. After all, they've been outshot and outchanced and the difference in both games was an OT goal.

Actually, I take that back. So far Tom Wilson has been 0-0-0 in 2 games. He has done 2 stupid things and the Jackets are 2/2 scoring on those stupid things. The difference (besides Bob) has been Wilson's stupidity hurting the Caps.

I like the idea of 5 games, but that has more to do wanting to limit chances for them to hurt our guys (yeah Wilson).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I like the idea of 5 games, but that has more to do wanting to limit chances for them to hurt our guys (yeah Wilson).
Everyone knows that the only reason Washington drafted Wilson in the 1st round was they were afraid someone else would draft him and he'd be hurting Capitals players instead.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
I believe that the Sun King heavily borrowed from the Leading One on this principle.

Prior being crowned the Sun King, brother Tamminen was captain of the first Lion team to win the Red Machine in 1971, scoring also two cages. His coaching style is sixty minute pressure and another principle is "respect the bluelines". I believe he is the first one who have brought the term principle into Finnish ice hockey. Of course the Leading One opened a whole new viewpoint of analyzing the play this new millenium while Tami is perhaps best known for creating booms everywhere he has went. He is the one who created phenomenoms of France and Oulu (rising to the league with Kärpät who became a dynasty which gave rise to Nutivaara also in the long play).

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So if I'm reading this correctly, what we should be doing on every offensive zone possession is having the point men pass the puck back and forth four times.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
"Four passes break any defence" is a principle, a rule of ice hockey of the Sun King, ice hockey lion number 79 whose period as the head coach of France at the World Championship level in the 1990's gave birth to Alexandre Texier's career in example. I think that rule describes exactly what made both comeback goals of this series so far possible over slogans such as "shoot more " which almost contributed to this team missing the play-offs with prolonged offensive drought.

Recently "Tami" was also in the national headlines as video of MTV3's formula one announcer was uploaded into YouTube, imitating this icon of Finnish ice hockey to his friends during a bachelor party, while showing the anaconda to the yard spruce as he was recorded doing the imitation. Tamminen vowed that nobody pisses over his brand so there could be a trial.
I didn't realize how much I missed these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad