GDT: PO Game 2: Columbus at Washington | 4/15 7:30PM | NBCSN/FS-Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
So many reasons to be thrilled with this win, 3 that stick out to me

#CBJ

I think the play that best reflects just how far the Columbus Blue Jackets have come in their evolution was Josh Anderson's goal. The Blue Jackets rush up ice cross the blue line on a 5 on 2. Make 4 tape to tape touch passes and give Josh an open net with a goalie sliding a split second too late to defend him. Where is that Finnish poster that keeps bringing up 4 passes are indefensible?

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

prospal.jpg

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
**** the refs, **** the Caps, and most of all **** YES
Loving this side of you bro
You’ve been on here for a while, and you deserve this.
We’ve all been through a lot of losing years with this team. It’s great to see what our CBJ are doing.
I’m only 20, so I haven’t been through the headaches and heartaches of most y’all - only 9 years of being a fan which isn’t comparable to others here, but this is pretty sweet.

I gave you some **** CBJWennberg, during the season thinking you were too pessimistic, but you’re a fair dude.
Glad to see you in a good mood and pumped like the rest of us, homie.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We’ve all been through a lot of losing years with this team. It’s great to see what our CBJ are doing.
I’m only 20, so I haven’t been through the headaches and heartaches of most y’all - only 9 years of being a fan which isn’t comparable to others here, but this is pretty sweet.

I gave you some **** CBJWennberg, during the season thinking you were too pessimistic, but you’re a fair dude.

First of all, I'm only 23, so I'm not too much older than you. :P We all deserve this. 2 year Jacket fan, 18 year Jacket fan, or 5 minute long Jacket fan. We're all Jacket fans. Pessimistic, Optimistic, Realistic, we're all Jacket fans.

Secondly, my pessimism was with good intentions. Yes, was I overly negative at some points? Yeah for sure. However, I think at least some of my concerns have merit. If this was a regular season game I wouldn't have been happy about this win. We got dominated for 3/4 periods and Bob stole this one. We've had some good minutes this series but we've been outplayed. We're lucky. But this isn't a regular season game. The only thing that matters now is wins.

I deserved some of the shit I got my way this season. I feel like if you're going to beat your chest and scream to the world when you're right you need to also be humble enough to acknowledge when you're wrong. I was wrong about the team not making the playoffs. I was wrong about Panarin. I try to be fair.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

He’s human.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks. Came on fast, woke up stuffed up and then the throwing up came out of nowhere. They gave her nausea meds and she's doing better. Still at the ER though!

If they gave you extra nausea meds for your kid and she doesn't need them, you ought to send them to Trotz. He will need them.

Hope the little one has a quick recovery.

Reactions: Sore Loser

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
My thoughts
1. This team just battles out there on the ice. They don't quit. I will be honest and I was worried after we went down by the 2 goal deficit for the 2nd time this game... But, this team just battles through the adversity. Knew better than to give up.
2. Zach Werenski- He may have had that bad penalty late in the 3rd period, but I thought that was one of his better games in a while in both zones.. He was stronger in the D-zone than i previously remember and of course had 2 assists and a goal... It was nice to see.
3. Seth Jones. We can just keep giving him 30 plus minutes a night.
4. Cam Atkinson- 2 goals... Ya know, though... I thought I read on here that his contract was "super bad already"...
5. Bobrovsky- Goodness... He helped steal us this game.
6. Up 2-0 on the series heading to Columbus! Will be at game 4! Need to have the place rocking this week.
Complaints
1. These goaltender interference calls are a bit ridiculous.
2. Too many penalties

Other thoughts- I might have to stop reading further back on the game day threads and posting my brief thoughts at the end... The hot takes in the middle of a emotional game on here can get really brutal.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Also, I understand the notion that "we stole this game", " we deserved to lose"... Like, my girlfriend said- Looking at the stats, you would predict a loss.. But, like most CBJ fans think- This is the playoffs, it doesn't matter. We came up with a win, (it's weird not to type 2 points lol).. Honestly, I'll take an ugly win any day in the playoffs. But, you could still say- This team battled from down 2 goals twice this game, converted on the couple of high quality chances that we did have, and even battled back from adversity several times this game alone when we could have folded.

Hockey can be a funny game- A lucky deflection that can go in for ya. An unfortunate deflection of a pass off of your own defender's skate can go into the net. Numerous high quality shot attempts that can just bounce off of the post for no damange. Or ya know, being granted 3 goaltender interference penalties in 1 game to give ya a couple freebie power play's. You can be absolutely hammered in your own zone for a minute or two with no momentum at all, but come away with a nice pass to get out of it and score a quick goal just a couple seconds later. But, a goal is a goal. And, honestly sometimes... I sit and think to myself- You know, what is it about this game that makes me like to watch it and get invested? Fun game, eh? I can't help but try to get others interested in hockey.

Edit- Also crazy to think about- We made the playoffs by 1 point this year. Keep remembering the games where we happened to steal a point or lose a point or two.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just finished watching via dvr...that game was all PLAYOFF BOB!...freakin fantastic job by him.
Look up "goalie stole the game" in the dictionary and there is Bob's picture.

Other observations:

Jackets displayed a lot of heart after twice trailing by 2
Capitols' forwards are so much more skillful.
Caps were more physical
Jenner's slashing penalty was dumb but it didn't cost anything except another 2 minutes of angst
Just when I think Calvert is expendable he plays a game like last night
Cole is a keeper
Where have you gone Sonny Milano?
Can't wait for Tuesday

Last edited:

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Dear Hockey Gods,
There has been so much over the years. The Wes Waltz puck-in-the-pants and so many others. You know all of them...because you are a hockey God. You have allowed it happen. We don't know why....but you have allowed it.

But last night....yes..last night you smiled upon us. And for that....I thank you. I don't know if Calvert was offside. But you know...because you are a hockey God. Please know, Hockey Gods, that I won't say "you never smile on my team", because you did last night.

I know you still have the power to rip out my heart, because you are the Hockey Gods. You have that power. I don't know where this is going in Spring 2018, but you do.......because you are the Hockey Gods. Please accept my repentance for any prior blasphemy. Last night...........you smiled on my team, and I thank you for that.

With honor of your power,
Old Guy

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Dear Hockey Gods,
There has been so much over the years. The Wes Waltz puck-in-the-pants and so many others. You know all of them...because you are a hockey God. You have allowed it happen. We don't know why....but you have allowed it.

But last night....yes..last night you smiled upon us. And for that....I thank you. I don't know if Calvert was offside. But you know...because you are a hockey God. Please know, Hockey Gods, that I won't say "you never smile on my team", because you did last night.

I know you still have the power to rip out my heart, because you are the Hockey Gods. You have that power. I don't know where this is going in Spring 2018, but you do.......because you are the Hockey Gods. Please accept my repentance for any prior blasphemy. Last night...........you smiled on my team, and I thank you for that.

With honor of your power,
Old Guy

Amen

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I don't really care what Seth says. It's not like the caps are saving themselves for game 3 and have been coasting. I'd really like to see the jackets play a typical game for once though. Enough of the penalties.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad