Post-Game Talk: PO #6 | Penguins 8, Flyers 5 | All irritating seasons must come to an end...

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I'm laughing my butt off, since everything I said came true.

1) Couts and Provorov are the heart of this team, both injured, both playing through those injuries and almost winning a big game.
2) Voracek, uh, still want to give me crap for being willing to trade him, see any fight in him?
3) Giroux, yes he had a big game against a Rangers team that was headed home, but when it counted? He's still a good player, but he showed in this playoff series that his best days are behind him. Still has value as a veteran mentor, but will need Couts or Patrick to carry him.
4) Told you Laughton was a LW, he looks far more comfortable there than at center

Gudas really screwed up in the second period, up to then he looked like he was getting his mojo back.
Ghost isn't the great player y'all kept saying he was, Pens shut him down and forced him into mistake after mistake. If he can't regain his pre-surgery burst, they're going to have to scheme to protect him.
Filppula came back to earth, and Patrick will be great but at 19 expecting him to carry this team is way too much to ask
Raffl played a heck of a game, he's limited, but he never surrenders, just belongs on a 4th line at this point in his career
Cross your fingers that MacDonald showed enough in this series to be traded with salary retained.

What I saw was a team that just ran out of gas in the 3rd period, if Gudas doesn't screw it up, maybe they Hakshell their way to victory, the Provorov miscue was an injured player on tired legs.
Neuvirth made some great saves but didn't pull off a "Hammond."

98 points, taking the Pens to 6 games, if I had said in September that would be the outcome this season most of you would have said great season.

No shame, last two games was Flyers hockey, now we just have to add some talented players who can play it right.
A goaltender is needed.

Two better defensemen.

And some veteran leaders.

That’s what’s needed.

Then we can judge the coach in facts rather than feelz.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A goaltender is needed.

Two better defensemen.

And some veteran leaders.

That’s what’s needed.

Then we can judge the coach in facts rather than feelz.

Hakstol is already being judged by facts.

For instance, it is factually stupid to chase a Flip/Crosby matchup. It was factually stupid to bench Sanheim. It was factually stupid to break up the first line.

You don't need a coach to have a flawless roster to judge them. You should know that. You heavily judged Lavi when he had a flawed roster.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Factually stupid."
Hmm. That's an interesting term, semantically meaningless but has a nice ring.
Something akin to "fake news" I guess.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
"Factually stupid."
Hmm. That's an interesting term, semantically meaningless but has a nice ring.
Something akin to "fake news" I guess.

Do you think it was good coaching to break up the hottest line in hockey right before the playoffs, and then underplay our best goalscorer at the time when we needed goals?

Do you endorse that as good coaching?

Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Did Babcock coach well tonight?

Do you think Hakstol is a better coach than Babcock? How is it remotely relevant to Hakstol? Can you provide specific examples of what you think Babcock did wrong so we can compare that to Hakstol's trends?

Why should I answer your questions when you refuse to answer mine?

Reactions: Rebels57

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Hakstol is already being judged by facts.

For instance, it is factually stupid to chase a Flip/Crosby matchup. It was factually stupid to bench Sanheim. It was factually stupid to break up the first line.

You don't need a coach to have a flawless roster to judge them. You should know that. You heavily judged Lavi when he had a flawed roster.

I'd say the best part was when he admitted they had trouble to get the puck out of their own zone when he actively benched Sanheim. You can't make this shit up.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In Hakstol’s defense, Mike Babcock was beholden to a similar third period meltdown - in Game 7.

Reactions: JXC

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Also, someone remind me when Babcock benched some of his best players to add sub-NHL guys.

Or when he made a non-NHL center his 1C for two elimination games.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, someone remind me when Babcock benched some of his best players to add sub-NHL guys.

Or when he made a non-NHL center his 1C for two elimination games.

Well, he kept running Polak out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->