GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I disagree.

Provy, TK, NP, Oskar, and Sanheim all got to get the nerves out.

And they will remember how awful this felt.

Agreed, might as well get your taste as early as possible. They are losing to the first back to back champs in 20+ yrs who have basically the same team for a third year. They will get to see how good you need to be to win.

Reactions: DutchDennis

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
It is. But that is the type of thing we need to show how far away we really are. And how bad Hak is. And the goaltending. And the depth.

But as I said before, Hextall is building us to win on the backs of the new core. Trading Schenn was a huge sign of this. I just wish we had a coach to played the hell out of kids this year, so next year would be better.

And remember, LA had a 101 season, then a 96 point season before adding Richards and Carter. We are not ready to add those last pieces yet because all the kids are not even here yet.

Teams rebuilding and far away can still be competetive and bust their ass, we have a 19 yr old tonight,, that's it.

Something isn't right with this whole process right now

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He has had a bad series. I never stated otherwise.

I'm arguing against giving up on him, because we have more than a few examples of "rotten" cores and players suddenly being good with a coach who knows how to use them.

I mean hell, it's not like he was helped at all in the first 3 games playing with Raffl, who killed all offensive pressure every time he got the puck.

raffl did not kill that line, and please don't use him as that low hanging fruit of a scapegoat.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Im watching an outgunned at every position Avalanche team give Nashville a fight in every game.

Its not about losing. Its about HOW they are losing.

There is simply no fight in this team.

Ive said it many times before, but if Hexy wont fire Haklol, then I hope Dave Scott fires both. Hell throw Holmgren in there too. All 3 can go if they prefer to be loyal to each other instead of the team.

^^^yup clean up the mess as far up the chain as it needs to go...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Im watching an outgunned at every position Avalanche team give Nashville a fight in every game.

Ive said it many times before, but if Hexy wont fire Haklol, then I hope Dave Scott fires both. Hell throw Holmgren in there too. All 3 can go if they prefer to be loyal to each other instead of the team.
Avs do have a speed advantage IMO. And speed can cover a lot of mistakes and create chances.

And I have said that I wish we had some burners added to this lineup.

And I also said we have taken on the personality of our coach...no emotion. He is a coward. And I do think he is fired this summer.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I also think it is time Hextall takes some of the blame. He has been the GM for over 4 years and is responsible for a lot of this mess.

He has made plenty of mistakes, none worse than sticking with the coach after last season, but you can't wave a wand at 17-year-olds and magically make them 21 or 22. Hopefully he will improve with his veteran signings (or better yet, just not make any more and let the prospects fill out the roster and hire a coach who is ACTUALLY IN REALITY good at development) and pro evaluation, etc.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
To go off this point, I am not sure anyone in this board faults Hextall for his restocking off the cupboard and overseeing a few potential successful drafts.

With that being said, it is completely naive to believe Hextall has the ability to evaluate prospect readiness, NHL talent, and coaching staffs. In other words, phase 2 of the rebuild that we are perpetually waiting for.

Right. Phase 1 has been Very Good.

The problem is that Phase 2 has not begun. It should have. And based on what we've seen so far, Hextall has given plenty of reason to doubt he can run Phase 2. Maybe this offseason he shows something new. That would be nice. We will find out.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
To go off this point, I am not sure anyone in this board faults Hextall for his restocking off the cupboard and overseeing a few potential successful drafts.

With that being said, it is completely naive to believe Hextall has the ability to evaluate prospect readiness, NHL talent, and coaching staffs. In other words, phase 2 of the rebuild that we are perpetually waiting for.

This Thi This This Thi

Who can actually disagree with this.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, Avs are a perfect example of how you can be outclassed but still put up a good fight.

It’s not like we’re that much worse a team than them either, we finished just a few points lower despite the coaching gap. If we had a coach that had the team ready to play and utilized his players efficiently there’s no reason this couldn’t at least be a good run and gun goal fest for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad