GDT: PO #4 | Penguins at FLYERS | Wed., April 18, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET | NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, NBCSP, ATTSN-PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
At the start of this rebuild we didn’t have anything like the pieces we have now...

No Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim, Frost, Lindblom, Myers, Hart, Konecny, or any of these other great prospects who are the core of this teams near future.

Thats a ton of progress that puts us way closer than when we started. Arguing about whether or not you have faith in Hextall filling in the gaps around them is a different argument.

Also, those teams you listed are horrible examples for the argument you’re trying to make.

But we aren't actually any closer. We are still getting blown out in the first round. We have young talent, but we still have the utterly garbage veterans holding the team back, and new ones have been getting added annually. We still have a complete loser as a coach. Goaltending has regressed and there isn't any solution on the horizon.

In theory we should be closer. Yet we aren't. And much of that lays on the GM's decisions. As I've said, we are at a tipping point for Hextall where we find out if he's going to take us any further.

Edit: How are they horrible examples? Did it or did it not take them over 6 years to build Cup winners?

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
ezgif-5-b4f5fb7f90.gif

Nizzle

no hope, no future, no second chance
May 13, 2009
Haven't looked at the game for few minutes but somehow instantly knew which team scored

DutchDennis

Nov 13, 2006
The Netherlands
I turned it off too. So sad
Same here. Have got to work in 4 hours.. . And stll reading this board. Why? Because I love my Flyers but cannot watch their pathetic effort anymore. It breaks me seeing them losing every game without any chance. I absolutely not see why in the world would we be a contender in 3-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->