Post-Game Talk: Plus-Minus Thread | Rangers 6, Penguins 1 | Insert sarcastic title here

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
That article also said that he could return in 3-4 weeks without special headgear. So hypothetically, he could return slightly sooner with it. The doctor also said that a minor league player was back on the ice the next day with special headgear after the same type of surgery and that Sid could start working out by the end of the week.

There still isn't really a time frame for us to go off of, but I don't think the dental work is going to keep him out any longer.

All comes down to making sure everything is healing correctly and if he can breathe while doing strenuous exercise. Regardless I doubt they will rush him even if the teams woes continue, considering they have one of the top seeds locked.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
All comes down to making sure everything is healing correctly and if he can breathe while doing strenuous exercise. Regardless I doubt they will rush him even if the teams woes continue, considering they have one of the top seeds locked.

:handclap:

I don't doubt he'd be back sooner if the Pens were fighting for a playoff spot, but they should be able to coast in to the Atlantic Division title - 17 point lead with 12 games remaining for NJD and NYR.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Absolutely. I don't think they are going to rush him no matter what, but I think that the minute he can safely come back he will.

nTsplnk*

Look, if anything this prepares the team for the injuries of the playoffs.

They gotta realize they need to work hard-Sid can't always be the one to do it.

titaniumexpose

LG Pens & Sharks
Dec 13, 2006
Ohio by way of Ford City, PA
I have faith in the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line. But we all know players can be shut down in the playoffs. So if this line is kept off the scoreboard, do you give them time to work it out or start shuffling right away? I don't agree with what's being done with Iginla but believe he'll get a shot with Sid, and if it goes as we are expecting, they should stay together.

Also, I can't believe how much pessimism there is here. I've seen changes and adjustments from HCDB this season that I don't remember seeing before. That gives me hope that things are different (although Glass & TK are glaring errors). This team is capable of suffocating their opponent with the right effort. I won't give up hope until the handshake line starts.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
My mistake, it was 3-4 weeks since he wasn't wired.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...-crosbys-jaw-expected-to-heal-quickly-681738/

They also recommended no end-to-end skating until the swelling from both the puck and surgeries goes down. Based off my experience with swelling after jaw/dental work, it'll likely be a week or so before the swelling is down which is just shy of two weeks total before he can start really working again.

If you work with the 3-4 week projection, we're looking at maybe 2-3 games at the end of the regular season but I can't see them putting him out there if the games don't mean anything.

This afternoon Shelly Anderson tweeted that Bylsma said Crosby still has more dental work to go through as well.

https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/319858879838183425

That whole article was worthless... the PG got locked out of Crosby info because the team was keeping it on the DL, so they went to a rival hospital that has no real info on the severity or even exactly what procedures were done with crosby and had one of their doctors give generalities. Every time they do that kind of stuff they are always off... if you dont have specifics you can give an accurate timeframe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad