Post-Game Talk: Plus-Minus Thread | Opener edition | Penguins 3, Devils 0

fate

Apr 15, 2007
since i gave him **** all last year...+orpik liked the physical presence tonight
+fleury

tuned in late with all the other sports going on so didn't get to catch a lot of the game

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
+ Fleury
+ Glass (nice fight/hustle)
+ Crosby
+ Adams
+ Kobasew

= Maatta

- Malkin
- Kunitz

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Thought everyone had a strong game other than Adams and Glass.

Bob is nuts praising their work in this one, it was a powerplay against every time these guys were on the ice other than one shift in the third.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If tonight is any indication at all, I think people are going to have to get used to shot totals like that. Looks like they're really going to collapse around the net defensively when they get a lead.

Not a coincidence that all three goals today came in transition on the counterattack.

This is how they use to get back into games. The Crosby goal is just classic of earlier times.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Beau with the 2nd lowest ES mins after Jeffrey. If he isn't top 6, he should at least get top 9 minutes.

He played 3:29 in the third period. By contrast, Adams played almost 6 minutes. I also think he got more shift with Geno in the third than Beauner. Well, makes sense . . . :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
oh boy here we go again:help:

HA! Yeah... getting started nice and early this season, I see.

And now he isn't even safe when he has good games. Used to be he'd at least have to be mediocre.

Kobasew, Maatta, Bennett and yes... Glass, Adams and of course Fleury were the standouts to me, tonight. Not so crazy about the glacial pace of the last 2/3rds of the game. But if it translates into more wins down the road, when it really matters... so be it.

Also worth mentioning that the Devils looked pretty flaccid all game long. So maybe not the best game to judge.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I can't believe Bennett basically tied Jeffrey for the 2nd-least TOI. Wait, actually I do believe it. Did he miss some shifts while I blacked out during the Adams/Glass goal hook-up? Sutter and Kobasew both played 2.5 more minutes than he did.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
We've come to expect it from him but I think Sid deserves a + for being a faceoff monster at 68%. Also looked sharp as ever. If only his wingers hadn't fumbled pretty much every attack he set them up for.

Only Adams was under 50% FYI.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
He had a fight and an assist but really what I liked about Glass was just that he was involved.

I thought he had some bad shifts in the first where he lost the puck or made a bad chip or whatever but as long as he's hammering people, yapping a little and using his wheels, that's really all we need from him.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Reversed my support of every Fleury save, to anger at every Fleury save.

Seemed to work.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON
He played 3:29 in the third period. By contrast, Adams played almost 6 minutes. I also think he got more shift with Geno in the third than Beauner. Well, makes sense . . . :laugh:

Well that is where Adams has value. If you have a two goal lead, I want that kind of guy with Geno.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
He had a fight and an assist but really what I liked about Glass was just that he was involved.

I thought he had some bad shifts in the first where he lost the puck or made a bad chip or whatever but as long as he's hammering people, yapping a little and using his wheels, that's really all we need from him.

He's just playing harder than most earlier on to prove everyone who, rightly, bashed his game last season. If this board isn't riding him by December i'll be stunned.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
HA! Yeah... getting started nice and early this season, I see.

And now he isn't even safe when he has good games. Used to be he'd at least have to be mediocre.

Kobasew, Maatta, Bennett and yes... Glass, Adams and of course Fleury were the standouts to me, tonight. Not so crazy about the glacial pace of the last 2/3rds of the game. But if it translates into more wins down the road, when it really matters... so be it.

Also worth mentioning that the Devils looked pretty flaccid all game long. So maybe not the best game to judge.

It isn't for this reason and because, honestly, none of this matters until the playoffs come.

Oh yeah, Maatta > Niskanen. ;)

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
i can't believe how much sucking up to Bylsma from rossi, shely and other moronic pgh hockey media

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad