Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens 4 Canucks 3 (SO)

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
Good game to watch, would of liked 2 points but am okay with 1 all things considered.

Looking forward to our next meeting.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
My only gripes with this game are Orpik and Niskanen's play, and, well, Fleury let in another laugher. Let's hope that doesn't destroy his fragile, teenage girl psyche.

Extremely fun game to watch, though.

I hate to break it to you but teenaged girls are way tougher than Fleury, it's not even comparable.

+ It was just a great game to watch.
- I'll compare other games to it and they'll most likely be lacking.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
:laugh:

So tell me... What's it like having two amazing players and a coach who will put them on the PK together?

Well, you saw that beautiful shorthanded Sedinery.

But they're old at 33 and totes declining. We should trade them for 33 year old Marleau!!!111

So tell us, do you like Kassian? He had a really good game. Torts is actually letting him play.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens are just missing to much to play with a team like Vancouver. But they won and Crosby can cover up some issues. Orpik fumbling the pack for a one timer is a indication that his slide is ongoing. He is no longer a top pairing or close to that actually. I can see Matta going past 10 but Letang coming back will send him down. If they do keep him, someone has to go.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One comment.

I am kinda glad Fleury gave up that flukie softie. It happens to every goalie and it turned into a good thing in that he did not let it get to him and played a very solid game after. .923 save percent. Good to know that Fleury had the mental toughness, at least this game, to shake off the boneheaded play and give a solid game after.

Smacker

#LetsGoPens
Aug 15, 2012
What a game! Great hockey to watch.

+ Olli with his first NHL goal! Good game by Olli.
+ Flower. He was solid.
+ KCD.
+ Kunitz's PP goal.
+ Geno.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Maatta struggled early. Then turns it on in the latter half and scores the tying goal. What a player.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Maatta struggled early. Then turns it on in the latter half and scores the tying goal. What a player.

Every time that kid ****s up, he makes up for his mistake moments later.

I still worry about him getting knocked around by bigger more aggressive teams, but he's probably too good for Junior right now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sutter: It seriously time we start thinking about his future with this team.

Orpik: He should be banned from the rush

I really don't understand this. Sutter's playing well on the PK, finishing hits, and is leading our team in faceoff %, including 58% today.

We're looking really hard, and in the wrong places, for whipping boys this year.

terex

Jan 2, 2010
I think there was an interview with one of them (Henrik?) where he said they've actually done this before :laugh:

There definitely a video of Henrik getting kicked out, the two of them circle each other, and Henrik goes back in to take the faceoff. Refs didn't notice.

- Sutter and Jokinen out there together in overtime. Wasn't pretty.

+ Bylsma flirting with Gladams before the shootout started.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So tell us, do you like Kassian? He had a really good game. Torts is actually letting him play.

I would certainly take him over just about any wing this team has.

I've always been a little suspicious of his potential as a top six winger. But he played well, today and looks like he might just need a coach to put a little faith in him and feed him icetime on a line with good players while riding out some of the mistakes he's going to make, in the process. He still seems like a very raw player, in a lot of ways... but if he can put things together even halfways... he'll be a very effective top 9 player in this league for a while. Maybe much more.

Valarukar

Jul 20, 2011
Pittsburgh
I really don't understand this. Sutter's playing well on the PK, finishing hits, and is leading our team in faceoff %, including 58% today.

We're looking really hard, and in the wrong places, for whipping boys this year.

Seconded. I don't get the hate and it's not even explained hate. People are just like "Sutter made me want to kill babies" like it's fact that's he is the worst player on the team. Please enlighten me what more you want from the 3rd line center making only 2 million a year?

Tumty

Aug 18, 2012
Finland
So do yo guys hate to see when duper/kuni cant really handle the puck? I think thats hurt littlebit first line game. And when those guys pass the puck its like wrister or a fu..... slapshot like.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I would certainly take him over just about any wing this team has.

I've always been a little suspicious of his potential as a top six winger. But he played well, today and looks like he might just need a coach to put a little faith in him and feed him icetime on a line with good players while riding out some of the mistakes he's going to make, in the process. He still seems like a very raw player, in a lot of ways... but if he can put things together even halfways... he'll be a very effective top 9 player in this league for a while. Maybe much more.

Torts has hinted that he's going to give Kassian a lot of time to play with the Twins this year, so hopefully you're right.

Swedish-twins.gif

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Vancouver deserved a better fate today, but them's the breaks. I'm actually happy the game turned out the way it did and they ended up at least getting a point.

I have no idea what sort of influence J.M. has on this team, and whether or not it was just coincidence, but there were some eerie similarities to how Montreal played. Keep shots to the outside, let your goalie make the first save, and take advantage of transition play. I personally don't like it, but with the guys we're missing, I'll take what I can.

- I get Conner coming up to the big club to provide some speed and energy, and his line drew two penalties today, but Engelland over Scrabbles? Just stupid.

- Orpik potentially being Pejorative Slured. I don't mean it in a derogatory way, but that's the only way I can explain some of his decisions WITH the puck on a controlled breakout. It's like he purposely does the wrong thing with it every time because he can't wait to play defense in his own zone.

- Sutter. Come on man...and I don't mean missing on a penalty shot. Just, come on...

To the bolded, isn't that how defense is supposed to be played? :laugh:

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base
There definitely a video of Henrik getting kicked out, the two of them circle each other, and Henrik goes back in to take the faceoff. Refs didn't notice.

I was searching on YT for a clip. I came up with a TSN Top 10. It's not in there.

But another awesome "moment" is in there:

Brian Burke: "Sedin is not English for punch me or headlock me in a scrum" :biglaugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Seconded. I don't get the hate and it's not even explained hate. People are just like "Sutter made me want to kill babies" like it's fact that's he is the worst player on the team. Please enlighten me what more you want from the 3rd line center making only 2 million a year?

I'm firmly in this camp, too.

He missed a penalty shot. Oh well. Other than that... what, exactly, was he doing (or not doing) to bring out such vitriol? Seemed to me like he had a solid game, all things considered. Who is he playing with right now, again? Conner and Engelland?

topched88

Jan 21, 2007
Congrats on the win guys great game to watch, maata is pretty impressive although I think he would benefit from some more time in junior. What a great display of hockey wish these two teams could play more often.

Looking for an unbiased opinion of what you guys thought of kassian? Such an intruging player and im kind of wondering what other fan bases think of his play?

EDIT: Sorry I see this question has been asked, Sorry fellas!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad