Post-Game Talk: Plus/Minus: Pens 4 Canucks 3 (SO)

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
+ Määttä with the goal

- He still gets sent down

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don't think I'm going too far out on the ledge to say that was the most entertaining October Saturday afternoon game I've watched in a while.

Still confused by the start time, but hey that was a hell of a way to wake up...even if I was too bleary-eyed through the first two periods to know what was going on :P

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Tortorella made us interesting again.

I was totally expecting a blowout so I'm pleasantly surprised.

You guys, your team is ok at hockey. That Crosby kid might know a thing or two about pucks.

blendini

Jul 15, 2012
Awesome game, guys. Wishing good luck to our 'hated brethren' for the rest of the season.

Remember...embrace the hate!

See ya next time.:yo:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ Oliiiii
+ KCD
+ Fleury in SO Situations
+ Geno making Lu look like Fleury during a playoff game

- Bob Errey jibbering but no quality one-liners today. Steigerdunce making excuses for Sutter's poor shootout effort, promoting Rossi's Sunday article on Saturday. Sadly I know Root will never replace these two morons because of their occasional good night announcing among the 75 bad nights they have every season.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Tortorella made us interesting again.

I was totally expecting a blowout so I'm pleasantly surprised.

You guys, your team is ok at hockey. That Crosby kid might know a thing or two about pucks.

You apparently got the TB version of Torts rather than the NY version. ;)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Oliiiii
+ KCD
+ Fleury in SO Situations
+ Geno making Lu look like Fleury during a playoff game

- Bob Errey jibbering but no quality one-liners today. Steigerdunce making excuses for Sutter's poor shootout effort, promoting Rossi's Sunday article on Saturday. Sadly I know Root will never replace these two morons because of their occasional good night announcing among the 75 bad nights they have every season.

I'm pretty sure if you weren't a dark lord of the hockey sith that Lu would sue you for libel and win.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I honestly ****ing love your fan base :handclap:

Thanks we have always had a good relationship overall with you guys. Like I said, a couple of years ago when both teams were getting a lot of grief on the main boards a lot of us adopted your team as the team from the west to root for.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Wow... what a game. Awesome back and forth action for all 60 minutes. High drama. Both teams represented themselves very well, I thought. Though the Penguins probably were fortunate to come away with the win, there.

Easily the best hockey game I've seen all year, from an entertainment standpoint. I wish the Pens played Vancouver more often. Great fans, too, obviously.

Big + to Maatta for his first NHL goal. One of many, I imagine.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Good game guys, we ll get ya back in Vancouver ;)

It was a great game and unlike some people around these parts your fans showing a lot of class after a loss. :thumbu:

Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully NHL network will carry the Hughson feed and not ours, as he actually knows how to call a hockey game. I don't even mind the "GRATE SAYVE LUONgo!" after listening to the two putzes we have in the booth 40-some games a year (I watch the other team's announcers on CI every chance i get unless we're playing a southern team (clueless), Detroit (victimized homers), or Buffalo (annoying). I literally prefer Jack Edwards to tweedle doofus and tweedle dumberer they got in Pittsburgh.

Or Toronto (REALLY annoying).

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
You apparently got the TB version of Torts rather than the NY version. ;)

I think Torts knew that he didn't have much to work with in NY and just tried to win as many games as he could. In Vancouver he knows he has some great players.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Well that was by far the best team we've played this year. Had the pens hemmed in their own end for long stretches. Hard to complain though, pens are 7-1 without neal, letang, and bennett. Crosby now leads the nhl in goals, assists, and points. Seems like his hockey iq is getting better with every passing season.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Love getting a win. Felt like Vancouver out played us for most of the game.

+ Sid
+ Geno
+ Maatta
+ Fleury

- everyone In the offensive some. Seriously a one line plus one player team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->