Post-Game Talk: Pluck da Ducks 11/18/19 @ 7 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
Jensen with so much time and options to pass and just wait and wait till the puck was taken from him. :thumbd:

Reactions: maacoshark

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Panik with Boyd are looking great!
They'll score at least one more tonight!
:yo:

I said it from the beginning...Panik is useless without some talent and skill on his line. He needs passers and playmakers. Playing him with Hathaway and Eller was beyond dumb. Putting Boyd on Panik's line is a start but they also have to keep Panik away from Eller. Proven not working.

I'd try Leipsic, Boyd, Panik.

Reactions: Pomee

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The knock on Boyd was always he was pretty weak strength-wise and a bit aloof defensively. He said during training camp that he changed his diet and workout routine and added 10 pounds and it seems evident. He seems much stronger and confident along the boards and play doesn't go the other way every time he gets touched. He's still prone to errors in the defensive zone but he seems improved there as well. He's really taken a step up this year and looks like he belongs.

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
I said it from the beginning...Panik is useless without some talent and skill on his line. He needs passers and playmakers. Playing him with Hathaway and Eller was beyond dumb. Putting Boyd on Panik's line is a start but they also have to keep Panik away from Eller. Proven not working.

I agree!
I would keep Eller and Stephenson from everyone if possible :nod:

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm also going to say I think the sooner Hagelin is back the better. Team needs his hustle and his energy, and his PK skills

Nah, the longer he's out, the better. Not even worth a fraction of his contract. Maybe he can develop some kind of equipment allergy à la Hossa. Caps could use that cap space.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I agree!
I would keep Eller and Stephenson from everyone if possible :nod:

Eller isn't bad but he too needs playmakers because about the only thing he's good at with the puck is scoring goals. Alternatively, you can just create a pure destroyer line with Stephenson, Eller and Hathaway...at least as long as Dowd is out. That would allow Reirden to play Panik with Leipsic and Boyd...a line that could create quite a bit of offense.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Best I’ve seen Backstrom play in a while. OV still has not found his hand-eye coordination.
Great to see Panik score. Hopefully gets him going.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ovie goes through these spells every year where he's opting to pass rather than shoot and then shanking his shots when he does take them. I've come to believe it's about his wrists. He gets slashed mercilessly, and I think he has wrist issues which flare up and impede his shooting. The the wrist, or whatever is the issue, resolves and he crushes the goal scoring race. Anyway, I'm confident he'll work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad