Please rate these guys from best offensive upside to worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
habsfan15 said:
Mikko Koivu
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Nikolai Zherdev
Jack Skille
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrew Ladd

:)

Zherdev
Brule
Carter
Koivu
Skille
Richards
Latendresse
Ladd

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
habsfan15 said:
Mikko Koivu
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Nikolai Zherdev
Jack Skille
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrew Ladd

Zherdev
Brule
Carter
Koivu
Latendresse
Richards
Ladd

I dont know much about Skille, so i didnt include him. Zherdev has huge offensive upsides whereas as someone like Ladd will be just a solid allround player.

halco

Oct 6, 2004
Texas
habsfan15 said:
Mikko Koivu
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Nikolai Zherdev
Jack Skille
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrew Ladd

Zherdev
Carter
Brule
Skille
Koivu
Richards
Latendresse
Ladd

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
From what I read:

Offensive guys:
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Nikolai Zherdev
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrew Ladd

Two-way players:
Mikko Koivu
Mike Richards

AgentNaslund*

wow, Andrew Ladd is last on all the list? I know hes not ripping it up, but 4 goals in 7 NHL games is not bad vs guys like Mike Richards who will alwasy be a role player, and Latendresse drafted 40thoverall vs Ladd who was drafted 4th overall, rather quite shocking. My guess is you guys dont even know Ladd has played in the NHL this season.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
AgentNaslund said:
wow, Andrew Ladd is last on all the list? I know hes not ripping it up, but 4 goals in 7 NHL games is not bad vs guys like Mike Richards who will alwasy be a role player, and Latendresse drafted 40thoverall vs Ladd who was drafted 4th overall, rather quite shocking. My guess is you guys dont even know Ladd has played in the NHL this season.

Nope. Well aware. We're talking offensive upside here, not right now.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
AgentNaslund said:

Or because it's a pretty competitive list in terms of future offensive potential. Not exactly like people are putting Ladd last on a list full of scrubs. To call Richards a role player is cutting him pretty short if you ask me. He's already becoming an incredibly important part of the Flyers in his rookie season. People keep underrating his offensive potential and he keeps producing (see his rookie totals this year, although he had slowed down a bit, but hes still played very well).

I'd have Ladd last on this list as well. But that's not saying Ladd is a bad player, or even the worst prospect on this list. It simply asked about who had the highest offensive potential, and I think you'll be looking long and hard for more then a handful of people here that would say Ladd isn't near the bottom of this particular list.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Brock said:
I'd have Ladd last on this list as well. But that's not saying Ladd is a bad player, or even the worst prospect on this list. It simply asked about who had the highest offensive potential, and I think you'll be looking long and hard for more then a handful of people here that would say Ladd isn't near the bottom of this particular list.

And I would had that many of these players play a different style of hockey.

Mikko Koivu - Will be a two way center who will contibute offensively
Jeff Carter - More of a goal score IMO...will set up plays
Gilbert Brule - Flashy slicky guys who will throw his body around
Nikolai Zherdev - He will score many highlights goals and he'll be fun to watch
Jack Skille - Really don't know him much...I heard he could be a sniper
Mike Richards - Will play in any situation, but IMO, will never be on the top of the league
Guillaume Latendresse - Will crash the net and hit everything...many garbage goal for him...
Andrew Ladd - See Latendresse

So bottom line, it's hard to put guys like Latendresse and Ladd on the same level as Zherdev and Carter. They will al contribute to their team and they might all score over 60 points a year but each will be different.

IMO:

Carter
Zherdev
Brule
Latendresse
Richards
Koivu
Ladd

***don't know what to do with Skille

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Freaky Habs Fan said:
And I would had that many of these players play a different style of hockey.

Mikko Koivu - Will be a two way center who will contibute offensively
Jeff Carter - More of a goal score IMO...will set up plays
Gilbert Brule - Flashy slicky guys who will throw his body around
Nikolai Zherdev - He will score many highlights goals and he'll be fun to watch
Jack Skille - Really don't know him much...I heard he could be a sniper
Mike Richards - Will play in any situation, but IMO, will never be on the top of the league
Guillaume Latendresse - Will crash the net and hit everything...many garbage goal for him...
Andrew Ladd - See Latendresse

So bottom line, it's hard to put guys like Latendresse and Ladd on the same level as Zherdev and Carter. They will al contribute to their team and they might all score over 60 points a year but each will be different.

IMO:

Carter
Zherdev
Brule
Latendresse
Richards
Koivu
Ladd

***don't know what to do with Skille

Latendresse doens't score alot of garbage goals...he has super slick hands with teh puck and opens space and ice up for himself, he has a good shot and is now learning how to use it...the guy is very underrated here for offense IMO.

Dr. Charles

Jan 20, 2005
Cracktown
Benchguy said:
....homer picks...
every list that has latendresse in the top 5 was written by a habs fan... come on...

Planter un Québécois d'une équipe du Québec
Et après ca tu viens dire Québec = Pays
Bravo!

Spooky371*

Dr. Charles said:
Planter un Québécois d'une équipe du Québec
Et après ca tu viens dire Québec = Pays
Bravo!
Non ta gueule, yé juste réaliste.
Y peu aimé sa patrie pis connaitre sont hockey en même temps en plus de reconnaitre un idiot quand y'en voit un.

Dr. Charles

Jan 20, 2005
Cracktown
Spooky371 said:
Non ta gueule, yé juste réaliste.
Y peu aimé sa patrie pis connaitre sont hockey en même temps en plus de reconnaitre un idiot quand y'en voit un.

Es-tu capable de faire plus de fautes d'ortographe?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
AgentNaslund said:

Richards is going to be a helluva lot more than a role player. He's already the Flyers 2nd best playmaker among forwards.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Nikolai Zherdev- top scorer defensive liability
Jeff Carter- goal scorer
Gilbert Brule- pp catylyst
Mikko Koivu- 2 way player
Mike Richards- never in the spotlight but always deserving (i wish my canucks took him with pick 23 instead of kesler)
Guillaume Latendresse- so raw but could be the next bertuzzi
Jack Skille-
Andrew Ladd- has always benefitted from excellent linemates and might end up being a bust at pick # 4

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
habsfan15 said:
Mikko Koivu
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Nikolai Zherdev
Jack Skille
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Andrew Ladd

O Potential Wise

Gilbert Brule
Nik Zherdev
Jeff Carter
Guillaume Latendresse
Jack Skille
Andrew Ladd
Mike Richards
Mikko Koivu

I really don't know Skille enough, so I put him where it would make most sense to be, according from what I read about him. I am REALLY not sold on Ladd.

Jeff Carter
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Gilbert Brule
Mikko Koivu
Nik Zherdev
Jack Skille
Andrew Ladd

This is, in order, whom I would take in "my" team. Gilbert Brule could move up. And Jack Skille had something of a hockey dad, isn't it?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
dannoabram said:
Guillaume Latendresse- so raw but could be the next bertuzzi

I'd like to see him being a blend of Luc Robitaille, Mike Knuble and Bertuzzi's...

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
imo

Nikolai Zherdev
Jeff Carter
Gilbert Brule
Andrew Ladd
Mike Richards
Guillaume Latendresse
Jack Skille
Mikko Koivu

I think koivu will have a few good years but i think hes gonna be more consistant of a 50 pt player then anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->