Please Rank These Forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
I haven't seen much of Valteri Filppula, Scottie Upshall or Igor Grigorenko so I can't comment on them. I have seen the others so here's how I rank them based on point potential for the '07 '08 season.

Alexander Radulov: The purest talent and most skilled of the group. Has gotten stronger and worked on his skating since being drafted. Is a lock to make the Preds next year and should have a regular role on the top 2 lines in 07/08. I think this kid is your safest bet and you won't be disappointed.

Andrei Kostitsyn: I scratch my head at times with Kosts. Has all the tools to be a very good top 6 forward mininum and the potential to be a star. Looks lost at times to the point were I just don't think he has great hockey sense. Can play in the corners and has a deadly wrist shot. Vary strong and skating is good but somewhat unbalanced. Looks ok in the AHL but looked very good in his last stint with the Habs. Was surprised to see him sent down.

Robert Nilsson: If this kid had a little more size to him, he'd push to top the list. I think he'll be easy to knock of the puck. Might have the best vision of the group. Average skater but has a great skill set and is an extremely accurate passer. Lock to make Isles next year.

Lauri Tukonen: Like his size and skill. Skates well but his finishing touch may not be as good as expected. Has been playing against men for the last 3 years so he should be ready to crack the Kings lineup next year. If he can learn to use his teammates he'll produce more. Has a tendency to try to beat opposing team on his own.

Wojtek Wolski: Haven't seen him as much as the others. Like his size and reach and has decent skills. Not a tenacious or physical player.

Roman Voloshenko: Like his playing style and his shot. Hate his skating and I think his AHL #'s are a little padded.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad