Please Rank and comment

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by NHLFreak, Jul 19, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. NHLFreak

NHLFreak Registered User

Please Rank these prospects in terms of overall upside. Any additional comments about each would be great!

Shane Prince
    Johan Harju
    J.Akeson
    O.Roy
    JT Miller
    Marcus Grandlund
    Marcus Kruger
    O.Roman

2. NHLFreak

NHLFreak Registered User

Even give me a top 5. Do any really stand out above the rest?

3. Mike Farkas

Mike Farkas Grace Personified

I don't like to get caught up in these types of rankings too much, but I'll say that Ondrej Roman sticks out there as a particularly poor prospect if we're basing it on NHL impact potential...

4. miller is probably the best one there

5. Phion Keneuf

Phion Keneuf Bang Bang

i'll tell you about the prospects i know

Kruger - looks to be a very solid 3rd line center
    Miller - has top 6 potential, probably will end up being a Fisher type player (meaning he could play 2nd and 3rd line)
    Grandlund - a wildcard prospect imo .... he could end up like his brother(potential wise) or not even be able to crack an NHL roster
    Roy - not found of him at all... might become a decent backup
    Prince- has top 6 potential ... needs to gain some size to become an effective winger imo
    Harju -he has the best upside out of all these guys imo... hes a big strong goal scorer (think Bobby Ryan) he will be at worst a very solid 3rd line LW

6. I really hope so.

7. Helsingin Jokerit

Helsingin Jokerit Registered User

When Mikael and Markus were 15 and 14, Markus was considered as the better brother, but then Markus had an off-ice injury and after that Mikael went ahead of him.

8. Do you think Marcus can make it to the NHL? And if he does what do you think he can do in the NHL?

9. NHLFreak

NHLFreak Registered User

what if i added Conner Murphy to the mix. Where would he rank?

10. Chinstrap

Chinstrap Registered User

1) JT Miller - Solid upside, soft hands, can be a good playmaker. Will be on a good team in Plymouth next year.

2) Markus Granlund - Played with men in SM-Liiga. Haven't seen him play, but I understand he plays a good playmaking game like his brother. Put up good numbers at the U-18s as well.

3) Marcus Kruger - All hands. Saw him on TV at the WC this year, has good passing and hockey smarts. Not physical though...I'm not sold on him, but you can't deny the stats.

4) Shane Prince - Watched him many times. Good speed, has really good vision and an ability to exploit it.

5) Jason Akeson - Wearing my Akeson shirt right now! He's good, but isn't a superstar. Tremendous passing ability and vision. Not afraid to backcheck, but all offense.

Don't know too much about Harju or Roman. Roy is not bad, but was awful at the WJC last year. Has to compete with Bunz, Perhonen, and Dubnyk in Edmonton, so the opporunity isn't necessarily there.

11. Helsingin Jokerit

Helsingin Jokerit Registered User

I think that if he makes it to the NHL, he will be a 2nd line winger who makes about 50pts in a season.

12. voxel

voxel Knights and Jets Bandwagon

Yeah... no. I see Alex Giroux. Too slow to be effective in the NHL. What makes you think he'll be "at worst a very solid 3rd line LW"?

And didn't he just sign overseas?

13. Hybbe

Hybbe Registered User

Miller
    Kruger
    Prince
    Granlund (High upside, but he's tiny and I'm not sure he'll ever be an nhl player. Not close to the same level as his brother)
    Roy/Harju (I think they're on about the same level, but it's hard to rank them because of their positions)
    Akeson
    Roman