Please never put Rick Nash on another team Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

I said it before and I will say it again. Rick Nash has NEVER been part of a winning team. He is not a complete player, he is not even as effective an offensive force as potrayed as he showed here, maybe at times he can be, but he is not reliably so and goes through cold spells at any moment. A team will never win with Rick Nash on it. I am not saying that is the only reason they lost in the quarters, I am just saying I know for a fact no team will ever be a winner with Rick Nash on it. Please Team Canada NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER put Rick Nash on another Team Canada ever again, since Rick Nash is dead weight on a team Canada and a team will never be a winner with him on it. Heck you could put him on a junior team and they would probably lose because he was there, I think the London Knights still owned his hockey rights during the lockout and he was of age(20), thank goodness he did not return to them and cost them the Memorial Cup.

Anyway I had resigned myself to the fact Rick Nash would be on many team Canadas in the future, undeservedly so probably, but I had accepted it, and resigned myself to cheer him on as a member of Team Canadas. Now though I have faith after his abysmal performance in Turino, he was the worst forward of all on an overall dissapointing team performance, that the powers that be will see what an overrated commodity he is and disregard him for any future World Championship, World Cup, or Olympics. Thank goodness I will probably never have to see Rick Nash in a Team Canada jersey, pulling dead weight around again. Halaluhah!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
This is either a really good parody of the senseless Rick Nash bashing going on around the boards... Or it is what it is.

khy206

Nov 26, 2005
Why don't you just say "Please give me a chance to select the next members of Team Canada." ?

I think some people have very selective memory so that they can ignore the fact they don't like (like Rick Nash was one of the best forwards in World Championship 2005 as a member of Team Canada) and concentrate the fact they like. (like Rick Nash as a member of 2006 Team Canada)

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
So let me get this straight, the argument goes that it's Rick Nash's fault that Canada only won silver in Austria AND it's Rick Nash's fault that they didn't win anything in Turin? What's the biggest difference between these two events as it pertains to Rick Nash... let me see... Rick Nash played more minutes in Austria, right? So let me see if we can work up some sort of formula here:

Team Canada + (Rick Nash + ice time) = WC silver medal
Team Canada + (Rick Nash - ice time) = quarterfinal elimination in Olympics

Whose fault is it again?

Ironchef Chris Wok*

Rick Nash was unfairly benched in the Czech game. But what does he do when he comes back?

HE TRIPS THE OPPOSING GOALTENDER

Kfarschman

...Boomers in disguise
Feb 12, 2006
Deutschdorf, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry that Rick Nash dated a girl you liked in highschool or whatever this is really about but Nash barely played!

I can't find any olympice hockey stats, but I bet he played the fewest minutes of any player. So really this had nothing to do with him, if anything it could have been a better outcome if Nash played more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fryer

Sep 1, 2005
Rick Nash is very young and will mature and improve his 2-way game. It does not make any sense to wish for his absence from future Canadian clubs (unless you're a Canada hater, like me ;) )

joe_shannon_1983*

Kfarschman said:
but Nash barely played!

I can't find any olympice hockey stats, but I bet he played the fewest minutes of any player. So really this had nothing to do with him, if anything it could have been a better outcome if Nash played more.

You do realize that the reason he barely played was because he was making the team worse, do you?

Reasons he was being benched:

(1) He was taking stupid penalties left and right.
(2) He was not coming off on line changes when the rest of hs line was leaving the ice.
(3) He was not even trying to backcheck or play defensively responsible hockey.
(4) He was a one-dimensional offensive player who wasn't producing, and was looking clueless and disorganzed in the offensive zone.

This tournament proved what I thought of Nash all along. He was a loafer whose main reason for success on Columbus was that he is the "go-to guy".

Not saying that he isn't a good player. But I hope that this tournament wakes people up to how over-rated and over-hyped he is. He is no superstar, or star. Yet people talk about this 57-point player as though he is some kind of hybrid between Maurice Richard and Mike Bossy? I never understood it. And I hope that Nash-mania calms down a little now that he has looked bad playing against elite competition.

Kfarschman

...Boomers in disguise
Feb 12, 2006
Deutschdorf, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Ironchef Chris Wok said:
Rick Nash was unfairly benched in the Czech game. But what does he do when he comes back?

HE TRIPS THE OPPOSING GOALTENDER

Did you see the "penalty"! Goalies have been and always will be some of the biggest divers. Nash was playing the puck and I don't even think he touched Nabakov, but Nabakov was like, "oh, guess I'll fall down to get us a powerplay." Horrible call, just like alot of them. I think if goalies want to act like defenseman and play the puck than they should be allowed to be checked into the boards like defenseman so they think twice about it. In the NHL if you want to cut down on goalies playing the puck get rid of the trapazoid and just make them open game. More interesting, more effective, and it goes with their theme of more scoring (especially if the goalie gets checked to the ice).

Other than the horrible play by North America, I think the next worse thing was the officiating, at least so far. I'm not saying agaist just Canada, but every game against every team. There was a couple times where they actually invented calls that they didn't see well after the fact because someone was injured. Just about every other play I saw the ref or a linesman get in somebodys way or deflect a puck. Oh how bout Nash's goal that wasn't allowed, not only did they get it wrong IMO but even worse they took 20 minutes to deceide!!

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
This topic is a travesty, the blame should be squarely placed on the Shoulders of Bryan McCabe, that's two Olympic dreams he's shattered, Team Canada's, and Nacy Kerrigan's. What a jerk.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
There isn't any Canadians in the Top 30 in tournament scoring.

Rick Nash was the least of their problems. He's 21 years old, been injured most of the year, and was given about 6 minutes of ice a game.

You can argue he shouldn't have been selected, (I may even agree with you Canada has the most depth in the world and to pick a Spezza or Crosby etc... is fine), but to say he should never be selected makes you look really really really stupid.
To say that he sucked in this tournament I don't believe is a fair statement given his opportunities. Canada ONLY scored 10 goals at Even Strength in 6 Olympic games. (Nash did have a legit one disallowed). He received no PP time (I'm not saying he deserved it) and got every other even strength shift with his line.....

shawn_kemp*

Please, always put Nash and Bertuzzi. Your opponents need PPs! :sarcasm:

Kfarschman

...Boomers in disguise
Feb 12, 2006
Deutschdorf, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Wait Ferns, Nash was the one taking stupid penalties left and right!!!????? :biglaugh:

Most of his shifts (all 8 in the tournament) Canada put offensive pressure on the other team. Nash is offensive, not very defensive. Look what not playing him got Canada, losing three of their last four games by 2-0. Yeah CLEARLY defense was their problem. :biglaugh:

Players don't always come off the same time, maybe staying on the ice showed that he actually wanted to play unlike everyone else. But than Quinn probably took offence to it and deceided to bench him for caring. Maybe he was scared that it might catch on to the rest of the team and ruin his gameplan. :sarcasm:

Okay, it's obvious that I like Nash, and that you just hate Nash. Noones gonna win this argument, but blaming Nash who played less than anyone else for Canada's problems is just idiotic.

X0ssbar

Candian men's hockey olympic stats:

GP G A P +/-
Brad Richards F 6 2 2 4 3
Shane Doan F 6 2 1 3 3
Martin St. Louis F 6 2 1 3 2
Dany Heatley F 6 2 1 3 1
Jarome Iginla F 6 2 1 3 1
Chris Pronger D 6 1 2 3 2
Simon Gagne F 6 1 2 3 1
Joe Thornton F 6 1 2 3 -1
Joe Sakic F 6 1 2 3 -1
Vincent Lecavalier F 6 0 3 3 2
Todd Bertuzzi F 6 0 3 3 1
Wade Redden D 6 1 0 1 2
Robyn Regehr D 6 0 1 1 1
Adam Foote D 6 0 1 1 1
Ryan Smyth F 6 0 1 1 1
Rob Blake D 6 0 1 1 0
Rick Nash F 6 0 1 1 -2
Jay Boumeester D 6 0 0 0 4
Kris Draper F 6 0 0 0 2
Bryan McCabe D 6 0 0 0 -3

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/statistics/?team=can

So yeah - while RN didn't have a good tourney neither did anyone else on this squad. Heck RN's ice time was nothing and on top of that he got hosed on his goal that was waived off. Nobody on this squad of allstars even averaged a point per game. The entire team underachieved.

If you gonna blame somebody blame Team Canada for their performance. Only here at HF can someone have the audacity to point the finger at one guy.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land
Always funny to watch the wannabies womitting theire thrash and filth in theise forums, though not very interesting.

Yeah blame the kid for the losses .. ROFLMAO

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Top Shelf said:
Candian men's hockey olympic stats:

GP G A P +/-
Brad Richards F 6 2 2 4 3
Shane Doan F 6 2 1 3 3
Martin St. Louis F 6 2 1 3 2
Dany Heatley F 6 2 1 3 1
Jarome Iginla F 6 2 1 3 1
Chris Pronger D 6 1 2 3 2
Simon Gagne F 6 1 2 3 1
Joe Thornton F 6 1 2 3 -1
Joe Sakic F 6 1 2 3 -1
Vincent Lecavalier F 6 0 3 3 2
Todd Bertuzzi F 6 0 3 3 1
Wade Redden D 6 1 0 1 2
Robyn Regehr D 6 0 1 1 1
Adam Foote D 6 0 1 1 1
Ryan Smyth F 6 0 1 1 1
Rob Blake D 6 0 1 1 0
Rick Nash F 6 0 1 1 -2
Jay Boumeester D 6 0 0 0 4
Kris Draper F 6 0 0 0 2
Bryan McCabe D 6 0 0 0 -3

Thank God for Italy!

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Canada got shut out in three games.

In the game agains the Czechs, Vokoun was craptacular and allowed 2 soft goals. They got outshot 33-16.

Yeah, it's all Nash's fault. :sarcasm:

jacketracket*

The fact that Team Canada played piss-poorly gives the handful with a personal animus towards Nash --- the Nash-bashers from before the selection --- a chance to claim they were "right all along".

And wildone is 'Example A' of this phenomenon.

Zaddik

i really don't understand this rick nash bashing... how old is the guy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->