Proposal: Please make a sub-forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneHakanPlease*

:lol::biglaugh:

Truth hurts sometimes, eh? Later, tater.

I'm not hurt at all. I'm completely indifferent of your opinion of me. It doesn't have any impact on my life. Sorry, but once again, you're really not that important. I'm merely trying to help you realize how stupid you sound as a professional courtesy. You're the one making rage threads on an internet forum.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
When the GM and coach have noticeably dropped the ball in the recent past (main things being Holland missing out on replacing any of our top D (Lids, Rafalski, Stuart) and Babcock playing Cleary and friends way more than they deserve, over promising young prospects like Tatar) people are going to be frustrated. It is visible to nearly all of us on here minus a few half glass full of sugar-and-spice-and-everything-nice posters. It isn't easy to sit by and watch Cleary play more minutes than Z, or see Abby on Datyuk's wing over Tatar. People are going to be irked by these things. I'm sorry you don't like seeing it everywhere, because I don't either, but until something changes on the ice, don't expect anything to change on here.

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
How do you live a normal life day to day?
If you are having trouble ignoring internet threads/posts how do you live in the real world?
I guess it is possible that everyone you know and meet are super nice and never disagree with you.

No one is forcing you to click and read.
If you find some posters annoying use the ignore.
If you still can't stand this place than go some where else.
I just don't understand. You are not getting paid to sit and read here.

I too don't like some posts and some posters time to time.
But this is expected from an internet forum.
If I don't like the thread, I don't read it.
If I don't like the post, I just skip it.
I recommend others to use ignore button if they have to but I never needed to do so.

If you come here and get frustrated, just don't visit that's the only way.
Or make a new forum/your own site and invite only the people you want.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
lets go wings was painfully optimistic when I used to post there. donno how it is lately, though. You may want to give it a shot.

CloneHakanPlease*

lets go wings was painfully optimistic when I used to post there. donno how it is lately, though. You may want to give it a shot.

The unadmitted homerism on that site literally made me embarrassed to be the same species as half those people. If aliens ever come to Earth, I pray to god they never discover that sight, as I fear the human race may not be around much longer if they do.

Aug 6, 2012
When someone criticizes someone for a bad play, choice, etc. its not overreacting or hating or anything close to that. Nobody here hates the Red Wings. Nobody hates Dan Cleary. Nobody hates Babcock. Nobody hates KH.

You guys say how we take this too seriously when in reality nobody is losing any sleep over the Wings problems. When I talk about a bad play or decision I'm not raging, I'm not going crazy, I'm not panicking. I'm simply taking it for what it is, good or bad.

I don't know where you get this feeling that we hate everything. We don't. The negativity in the board isn't here because everyone is dying over how bad we are doing, its here because when your team is struggling mightily there isn't much positive to talk about. That's just how it goes.

^^my explanation

I find it funny that I finally put some effort and sense into my post so I can explain why things are the way they are and RM ignores it. Your really coming off as if you enjoy arguing and complaining because that's all you tend to focus on in this thread, while me and other posters have tried to explain the situation to you and are ignored.

CloneHakanPlease*

I find it funny that I finally put some effort and sense into my post so I can explain why things are the way they are and RM ignores it. Your really coming off as if you enjoy arguing and complaining because that's all you tend to focus on in this thread, while me and other posters have tried to explain the situation to you and are ignored.

BRO HE PUT YOU ON THE IGNORE LIST. HE WON. HE IS THE BETTER MAN! :laugh:

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
How do you live a normal life day to day? If you are having trouble ignoring internet threads/posts how do you live in the real world? I guess it is possible that everyone you know and meet are super nice and never disagree with you.
No one is forcing you to click and read.
If you find some posters annoying use the ignore.
If you still can't stand this place than go some where else.
I just don't understand. You are not getting paid to sit and read here.

I too don't like posts and some posters time to time.
But this is expected from an internet forum.
Don't like the thread, I don't read it.
Don't like the post, I just skip it.
I recommend others to use ignore button if they have to but I never do.

If you come here and get frustrated, just don't visit that's the only way.
Or make a new forum/your own site and invite only the people you want.

You know, you don't know what goes on in the lives of people, and why they do what they do.

Without getting too much into it, I've played and been involved with hockey for 28 out of my 35 years of existence, and it means a very, VERY great deal to me; The Red Wings specifically, are my escape from the day-to-day. HFBoards being the biggest hockey-discussion site there is, and the majority of the community being reasonable people is what keeps me here.

The small but vocal rabble-rousers won't drive me away again, but that doesn't mean that people have to just sit here and deal with the ********.

I'm sorry, I didn't even see that post. Please, allow me to respond to it:

When someone criticizes someone for a bad play, choice, etc. its not overreacting or hating or anything close to that. Nobody here hates the Red Wings. Nobody hates Dan Cleary. Nobody hates Babcock. Nobody hates KH.

You might need to rethink that statement and realize that not everyone is sane enough to actually not hate people they have no actual interaction with other than a TV screen.

You guys say how we take this too seriously when in reality nobody is losing any sleep over the Wings problems. When I talk about a bad play or decision I'm not raging, I'm not going crazy, I'm not panicking. I'm simply taking it for what it is, good or bad.

*I* never said that. I don't lose sleep over the Wings, or this forum -- as hard as that may be to believe -- but what I do dislike significantly is when people fly off the handle repeatedly and extremely (not saying that's you).

I don't know where you get this feeling that we hate everything. We don't. The negativity in the board isn't here because everyone is dying over how bad we are doing, its here because when your team is struggling mightily there isn't much positive to talk about. That's just how it goes.

Again, I never said that everyone hates everything; there is a small, yet extremely vocal minority (although it does seem to be growing) who seem to want to just stir **** up for the sake of stirring. Like I responded to someone else earlier, I don't expect rainbows, unicorns, and puppies every game, nor do I expect black clouds, brimstone, and hellfire. When a team is struggling mightily, there are constructive ways to discuss things, and there are destructive; if the destructive folks are going to have the louder voice, then I'm going to try to get a forum for the constructive voices to be heard.

Last edited:

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
Just wanted to add - there are many other wings forums here are just a few

Redwingscentreal
letsgowings

you can also post and talk to people on tsn, nhl, mlive, etc. (when there is an article you can post and talk to people there)

last_sd

Jun 9, 2007
You know, you don't know what goes on in the lives of people, and why they do what they do.

Without getting too much into it, I've played and been involved with hockey for 28 out of my 35 years of existence, and it means a very, VERY great deal to me; The Red Wings specifically, are my escape from the day-to-day. HFBoards being the biggest hockey-discussion site there is, and the majority of the community being reasonable people is what keeps me here.

The small but vocal rabble-rousers won't drive me away again, but that doesn't mean that people have to just sit here and deal with the ********.

As I mentioned on other post there are other ways to follow wings and talk about it.

I'm just saying doesn't matter where you go on internet, you will find similar problem. Just in different scale.

I understand that hockey and Red Wings means much too you but if you are at a point where you can't ignore the posts you don't like and get frustrated by it than it's not healthy for you and waste of your time.

So you can either

1. learn to tolerate and enjoy hfboards

2. find other way to enjoy your time (other sites maybe better for you, or if you don't find any other site better than hfboards maybe internet forum is not for you)

Because how can mods decide on each post and thread and decide what is too pessimistic and optimistic than put them in subcategories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad