Proposal: Please make a sub-forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I like coming here and talking Red Wings (and other) hockey, but this **** is getting out of control.

Every other thread is "HUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR The Wings management/coaching staff/players/fans are worthless DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" (I can't do that any harder over the internet, but I'm really trying) and it's getting ****ing annoying.

Please, please, either separate the forum into "Red Wings" and "LOLTHISTEAMSUCKS" or put a moratorium on ****** threads or something, because the worse this team does, the worse these posts are going to get, and the fewer users and decent threads/posts there will be.

(And no, ignoring threads doesn't really seem like a good idea when by doing so there would only be one, maybe two dead threads to read.)

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Counter proposal: Can we create a sub-forum for posters that love to engage in (a) overuse of capitalization and exclamation points, and/or (b) posters who love to complain about complaining?

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Counter proposal: Can we create a sub-forum for posters that love to engage in (a) overuse of capitalization and exclamation points, and/or (b) posters who love to complain about complaining?

Either way, the goal is accomplished, and I apologize sincerely for not being a silent bystander and smiling while the other sheep bleat their heads off.

But anyway, thanks for agreeing that something needs to be done!

Aug 6, 2012
:facepalm:

If you don't like the boards then just stop posting/visiting. Telling others what to do isn't going to get you anywhere.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
:facepalm:

If you don't like the boards then just stop posting/visiting. Telling others what to do isn't going to get you anywhere.

Who's telling anyone what to do? I asked for a sub-forum to be made.

I also explicitly stated that I enjoyed posting and discussing things Wings-and-otherwise-hockey-related, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you must have just missed that part.

Hmmmm.....

Shhhh... no logic here. Shhh.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
**** it why do I even try. This is pointless.

That's trying? What are you trying? You're trying to tell me that I can't request a sub-forum where people aren't *****ing about this team 24/7? Where people actually want to discuss the bad AND good of this team? Where people want to rationally debate how to better the Red Wings?

That's impossible then, is it?

Good to know where you stand.

There are plenty of alternate sites that functional as impenetrable bastions of Red Wings optimism.

See above, Sir Snark-a-lot.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
OP - instead of complaining about the complaining, let's hear what you think Holland and Babcock need to do make this team better...I am all ears.

Many of us fans have a right to be frustrated right now. We have dropped several games in a row and many of them are games in which we have given up leads in. Babcock's lineup decisions have been questionable to say the least. Holland was on the radio this morning and gave his usual shtick about how we have been bitten by the injury bug.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
That's trying? What are you trying? You're trying to tell me that I can't request a sub-forum where people aren't *****ing about this team 24/7? Where people actually want to discuss the bad AND good of this team? Where people want to rationally debate how to better the Red Wings?

That's impossible then, is it?

Good to know where you stand.

See above, Sir Snark-a-lot.

How to better the Red Wings...

So nobody is proposing trades? Prospects to bring up? Alternate line combos?

Think you're just seeing what you want.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I agree. You can't make a simple comment like "Gee, the ice seems a little choppy tonight" without 10 people jumping on you "It's because of Cleary! His skating is sooooo awful it just tears the ice up! Babcock put him out there because he wants Huskins to get injured! If only we had Hudler back!!!! AAAAAHHHH!"

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
How to better the Red Wings...

So nobody is proposing trades? Prospects to bring up? Alternate line combos?

Think you're just seeing what you want.

They're being proposed and discussed, and if you'll notice I'm a pretty consistent participant in those threads.

But, if you're okay with the increasing number of threads that start off (hyperbole intended, of course) with "WHY HASN'T THE ENTIRE WINGS FRONT OFFICE BEEN SACKED," then there's not much else that can be said. Constructive criticism is one thing, but *****ing for the sake of making yourself heard and trying to seem self-important...

OP - instead of complaining about the complaining, let's hear what you think Holland and Babcock need to do make this team better...I am all ears.

Many of us fans have a right to be frustrated right now. We have dropped several games in a row and many of them are games in which we have given up leads in. Babcock's lineup decisions have been questionable to say the least. Holland was on the radio this morning and gave his usual shtick about how we have been bitten by the injury bug.

Man, I've posted that info in at least a dozen threads, but people seem to want to imagine that I'm just here to complain about the complaining.

I agree completely that Babcock's handling of this roster leaves a LOT to be desired; however, short of Holland firing the **** out of him, or Ilitch firing the **** out of Holland, what good does it do to create thread after thread after thread after thread that consist solely of complaints?

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I agree. You can't make a simple comment like "Gee, the ice seems a little choppy tonight" without 10 people jumping on you "It's because of Cleary! His skating is sooooo awful it just tears the ice up! Babcock put him out there because he wants Huskins to get injured! If only we had Hudler back!!!! AAAAAHHHH!"

:shakehead

Aug 6, 2012
When someone criticizes someone for a bad play, choice, etc. its not overreacting or hating or anything close to that. Nobody here hates the Red Wings. Nobody hates Dan Cleary. Nobody hates Babcock. Nobody hates KH.

You guys say how we take this too seriously when in reality nobody is losing any sleep over the Wings problems. When I talk about a bad play or decision I'm not raging, I'm not going crazy, I'm not panicking. I'm simply taking it for what it is, good or bad.

I don't know where you get this feeling that we hate everything. We don't. The negativity in the board isn't here because everyone is dying over how bad we are doing, its here because when your team is struggling mightily there isn't much positive to talk about. That's just how it goes.

CloneHakanPlease*

I like coming here and talking Red Wings (and other) hockey, but this **** is getting out of control.

Every other thread is "HUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR The Wings management/coaching staff/players/fans are worthless DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" (I can't do that any harder over the internet, but I'm really trying) and it's getting ****ing annoying.

Please, please, either separate the forum into "Red Wings" and "LOLTHISTEAMSUCKS" or put a moratorium on ****** threads or something, because the worse this team does, the worse these posts are going to get, and the fewer users and decent threads/posts there will be.

(And no, ignoring threads doesn't really seem like a good idea when by doing so there would only be one, maybe two dead threads to read.)

The hypocrisy in your posts is literally astounding. Classic internet pseudo intellectual ****** with more name calling than actual substance.

WAHHH the other posters don't agree with me WAHHH I am the only real fan and am also really intelligent and good looking and am the only one with a clear mind wahhh.

Give me a ****ing break dude. People like you and SoupNazi ***** more than anyone on these forums. You know whats more annoying than *****ing about things relevant to the wings? Threads *****ing about those posters. I fail to see why you think you're important enough for us to pander our views and posting habits to your liking.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
The hypocrisy in your posts is literally astounding. Classic internet pseudo intellectual ****** with more name calling than actual substance.

WAHHH the other posters don't agree with me WAHHH I am the only real fan and am also really intelligent and good looking and am the only one with a clear mind wahhh.

Give me a ****ing break dude. People like you and SoupNazi ***** more than anyone on these forums. You know whats more annoying than *****ing about things relevant to the wings? *****ing about posters.

Yawn, good game. You just attacked ME personally without addressing the substance, which is exactly what you just complained about... oh god, it hurts. :banghead:

I posted this in the other thread, but so you don't have to bother yourself to click on it, I'll post it here for you:

It's called being satirically hypocritical.

Unfortunately, it's lost on 99% of people.

And since 75% of statistics are made up on the spot, well, you be the judge. I mean, you obviously have no problems doing that.

Totally applies to you too, "bro."

CloneHakanPlease*

I posted this in the other thread, but so you don't have to bother yourself to click on it, I'll post it here for you:

Totally applies to you too, "bro."

Except, you're not being satirically hypocritical at all. For us to know that you'd have to deviate from this behavior so we have some form of baseline, but honestly, all I see you do is *****.

Once again, I fail to see why you think you're important enough for us to pander our views and posting habits to your liking. Could you please elaborate what makes you that important? Are you the site owner?

You remind me of the people who completely generalize the opposite political party. "Wahhh ALL liberals" "Wahhh all republicans". That's how stupid you sound.

theanomaly

you just lost the game
Nov 18, 2010
NJ
itt: cautious optimists and hopeful pessimists locking horns. :sarcasm:

ill echo what nose said in that when the team isnt doing well there really is not much positive to talk about. the few positives we get to witness, do have thorough discussions. there just happens to be an abundance of negatives at the moment. oh well.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
Except, you're not being satirically hypocritical at all. For us to know that you'd have to deviate from this behavior so we have some form of baseline, but honestly, all I see you do is *****.

Selective reading really doesn't help make your point.

Once again, what warped view in your mind makes you think that we should consider you important enough to change our posting habits to your preference?

At what point did I ask anyone to change their habits? I asked for a SUB-FORUM to be created to people could post in peace. Selective reading strikes again.

You remind me of the people who completely generalize the opposite political party. "Wahhh ALL liberals" "Wahhh all republicans"

ROFL, and if you knew me at all, which you OBVIOUSLY don't, you'd know I'm the guy who calls those *******s out.

If you aren't going to bother reading my posts, and instead simple falsely attack me, well then welcome to The List dude. Have a pleasant stay, and feel free to not comment on anything I say anymore.

I'd like to see these stats that everyone is making up on the spot, if that's possible.

Hold on a second, I'll dig those out of my a... er, up. I'll dig those up.

itt: cautious optimists and hopeful pessimists locking horns.

ill echo what nose said in that when the team isnt doing well there really is not much positive to talk about. the few positives we get to witness, do have thorough discussions. there just happens to be an abundance of negatives at the moment. oh well.

I've never been one to suffer from blind optimism, but seriously, you have to draw the line somewhere. Constructive -- and that's the key word here -- constructive discussion can be had without a group of extremely vocal people breaking it down into a ****-slinging fest every time. That's why I proposed a sub-forum, to get away from that. Whether or not that happens is entirely up to the moderating staff and/or administrators of the site, and I can't imagine it's too likely.

But it never hurts to ask.

Last edited:

CloneHakanPlease*

Selective reading really doesn't help make your point.

At what point did I ask anyone to change their habits? I asked for a SUB-FORUM to be created to people could post in peace. Selective reading strikes again.

ROFL, and if you knew me at all, which you OBVIOUSLY don't, you'd know I'm the guy who calls those *******s out.

If you aren't going to bother reading my posts, and instead simple falsely attack me, well then welcome to The List dude. Have a pleasant stay, and feel free to not comment on anything I say anymore.

"Derrr, I'm wrong so I just think I'll put you on the ignore list so I can be the bigger man, Derrr"

We both know a subforum would never happen, so you essentially insinuated us to ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad