Please let's discuss our 2c situation

Doan Jidion*

I still think Marcel Goc would be a very nice addition.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
No kidding. If we are getting a 2c at least let it be an upgrade. Jokeinen is awful.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
For the time being, Pirri is fine. And hopefully he'll continue to improve. He's already gotten much better defensively and his offensive talent was never a problem.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
If Pirri, by the end of the season, seems to be a lost cause under Q then going after Stastny would be a good idea.

Why would Colorado help out a team within their division? Especially when the Avs are playing better and could meet the Hawks in the playoffs.

I'm not trying to pick on this comment. In general with a lot of these posts, I think we sometimes are in fantasy hockey mode where we think we can just move around players and salaries and wonder why Bowman and Q are such idiots.

One team team that recently has moved around players like crazy to meet needs is the Philly Flyers. How's that worked out for them?

Don't mean to be on a rant. Just saying finding a #2 C is probably a lot more complicated than we all think. Q and Bowman have been around hockey their whole lives. They're not idiots unlike suggestions by many on these boards.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
So far through the season Hawks are:
1) 2nd in goals per game
2) 6th on powerplay
3) 13th goals goals against
4) 27th on the penalty kill

Don't have any magic ball but my guess would be any acquisitions or calls ups would probably be to help with categories 3 or 4.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
LOL, Stastny is a pipe dream. Besides all the arguments that have already been laid out that Colorado wouldn't trade him in division, we would have to give up a significant piece as well. Probably Seabrook. I think we just have to ride with Pirri and see if he can be adequate now, we've had worse there.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Sure, Pirri is fine so far and getting better and better while adopting to his new role and the NHL, but Stastny would still be worth it. He's a pending UFA on a team with MacKinnon, Duchene and ROR. They won't break the bank to keep him. I think Pominville Deal or less is what it takes to get him. I doubt we have enough Cap Space around the TD to get him and other teams more desperate would offer a bit more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad