Please Kyle, just a few tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
you clearly don't understand what goal post moving means, since the Leafs were 2nd in the league by the only intelligent criteria when I made my post. it's not my fault you don't realize the Leafs can't earn points in games they don't play in

The intelligent criteria is what the standings show in reality & not whatever excuses or imagination you need to feel better.

B27A7986-3F43-4A50-BA52-44F979A4A32E.jpeg

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Nope, just 4th. Washington (last years Stanley cup winner) is tied on record but has less ROWs.

The other who have same amount of points have played more games. They are officially “below” us in the standings, for example, they get first dibs on waiver wire, etc...

I’m sure nit picking the standings on technicalities will make up for not being built for the playoffs

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Reactions: Menzinger

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You haven’t helped the case on the “softness” argument. Being the opposite of “soft” (however you define it — many have different definitions) has not shown to limit goalie runs, boarding against, etc...

It’s only entertainment.

Yep.

Also my favourite is when folks mention teams like the Bolts, the grit crowd tries to convince themselves that Tampa is a tougher team than the Leafs

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yep.

Also my favourite is when folks mention teams like the Bolts, the grit crowd tries to convince themselves that Tampa is a tougher team than the Leafs

They are a better team. This year we need a miracle to by them in the PO.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Trade deadline wishlist:

Physical RHD
Top 9 winger with jam, playoff experience
Maybe an upgrade on Gauthier for 4th line center

Adam McQuaid
Wayne Simmonds
The return of Brian Boyle

That brings alot ot size to our team, and greatly improves our 4th line. Plus all 3 are UFA's after this year, and none should be a real expensive option at the deadline.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Yep.

There is no question that the Bolts are tougher and showed it against the Bruins in last year’s playoffs. Unlike the Leafs they can play it any way you want.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Adam McQuaid
Wayne Simmonds
The return of Brian Boyle

That brings alot ot size to our team, and greatly improves our 4th line. Plus all 3 are UFA's after this year, and none should be a real expensive option at the deadline.
Simmonds won’t come cheap. I’d consider Ferland too in a bigger deal for a defenseman.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There is no question that the Bolts are tougher and showed it against the Bruins in last year’s playoffs. Unlike the Leafs they can play it any way you want.

They’re an older and more experienced team and with it come a mental toughness - I’ll grant you that.

Tougher in terms of pure physicality not so much

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
we should trade matthews, tavares, marner and nylander and rebuild obviously.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Simmonds won’t come cheap. I’d consider Ferland too in a bigger deal for a defenseman.
You are right, Simmonds has value, but he shouldn't cost us any key roster players, probably picks and prospects. McQuaid and Boyle could be had for picks as well. Those 3 would really solidify our team, without really sacrificing any key components of our current lineup.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Simmonds
Kapanen-Boyle-Brown

Moore, Lindholm in the pressbox

Rielly-Dermott
Gardiner-Zaitsev
McQuiad-Oz/Hainsey

That is a lineup that should pose a major threat to any team in the league. McQuiad and Simmonds wont be pushed around come playoff time. It obviously wont come together like this, but these are the types of rentals we should be going after, without mortgaging our future.

Reactions: Ports

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
They’re an older and more experienced team and with it come a mental toughness - I’ll grant you that.

For what it’s worth... Bolts are 8th overall in terms of hits per game.

Guess which team is 29th?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but I’m fairly certain Leafs essentially matched the bruins most games for hits during the series

And now without Komarov and Polak.... where do you think that stat will end up?

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
A little overreaction there. A lot of softies tend to overreact I found over the years. A little McQuaid on blue line and a little Simmons up front goes a long ways in playoffs my friend.

The Flyers board desperately wants Simmonds traded. I'm scared the Leafs are going to make a bad trade for "toughness" because people lose their shit everytime one of our players gets hurt and there's no goon around to take a penalty.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Outside of signing Tavares (which I think they were gonna do even if Lou was here), I don't think Dubas has made any real moves yet unfortunately.

I'd have sort of expected him to have done at least one notable trade. Maybe the team doing well in the standings is part of the issue but hopefully he puts his mark on the team by the summer or they'll remain a good regular season but short in the playoffs sort of team. We know the flaws.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
You are right, Simmonds has value, but he shouldn't cost us any key roster players, probably picks and prospects. McQuaid and Boyle could be had for picks as well. Those 3 would really solidify our team, without really sacrificing any key components of our current lineup.

Johnsson-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Simmonds
Kapanen-Boyle-Brown

Moore, Lindholm in the pressbox

Rielly-Dermott
Gardiner-Zaitsev
McQuiad-Oz/Hainsey

That is a lineup that should pose a major threat to any team in the league. McQuiad and Simmonds wont be pushed around come playoff time. It obviously wont come together like this, but these are the types of rentals we should be going after, without mortgaging our future.
I agree but I would play Kapanen ahead of Marleau who just doesn’t have the drive he used to.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017

How can that be ? Other than Hyman and Kadri occasionally the Leafs have zero toughness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad