Please Help Me Pick a Goaltender

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
So I just completed a deal in my league that cost me Jonathan Quick, but landed me Steven Stamkos, and now I have to pick up a goaltender from the waiver wire.

The only stats that matter in my league are wins, saves, and shutouts. This is a non-keeper league. It is scored by weekly head-to-head matches.

My current goaltenders that I have remaining are Marc-Andre Fleury, Ben Bishop, and Jean-Sebastien Giguere. I got Giguere in the trade as an extra to make room, and am looking to drop him for a goaltender that is going to see more playing time.

The goaltenders available on waivers in my league that I would consider are:

Cam Ward (IR) - Will probably try to get him closer to his return as he is the best starter of the bunch, but I need stats now.
Josh Harding - Stellar play and should be back from injury very soon, but will likely be splitting time with Backstrom.
Jacob Markstrom - Will likely see a lot of shots and give me a boon in the save category, but his future is up in the air when Thomas returns.
Tim Thomas (IR) - May return soon, will see a lot of shots, but is a wild card and may split time with Markstrom.
Joey MacDonald - Calgary is hot, but he has to split time with Ramo.
Kari Ramo - Split time.
Carter Hutton - Probably the best solution until Cam Ward gets healthy as it sounds like Trotz likes him and he will be relied on heavily while Rinne is out, but obviously his stint will likely last only as long as Rinne is injured and it could put me in a bind later on.

What do you guys think? Bishop and Fleury actually provide me with a decent number of wins, and I could probably use more saves, but in my opinion Hutton is my best option which will likely give me more of the same, and I will have to look to replace in a month or so.

I am also debating the possibility of picking up Ward, placing him on IR, and then picking up Hutton, but I also currently have Brent Burns on IR at the moment. Not even sure if the move would be legal if I just place Burns on the bench or something of the like or if it would even be wise to go without an IR spot for that long... It would just be really nice to have Ward in a month, and I am fearful someone else will claim him.

Last edited:

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
If you're looking for starts go with Hutton, however Harding has been solid this year so keep an eye on him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->