Please help me out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Im writing an argumentative essay on the NHL Lockout and I was wondering if you guys could help me with some arguments from both sides. I already have some but I just want to make sure I did not miss anything significant, help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Example

NHL - The owners need a proper economic system to conduct a profitable organization.

NHLPA - The owners are responsible for the increase in salaries as they are the ones who are paying the players.

Thanks a lot guys.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Leaf_Crazy said:
Im writing an argumentative essay on the NHL Lockout and I was wondering if you guys could help me with some arguments from both sides. I already have some but I just want to make sure I did not miss anything significant, help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Example

NHL - The owners need a proper economic system to conduct a profitable organization.

NHLPA - The owners are responsible for the increase in salaries as they are the ones who are paying the players.

Thanks a lot guys.
look up all of westcoasters posts - excellent archive - with links - of this whole stupid dance since 1999 -

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I know that people have been going back and forth about this for months and everyone has an opinion but as far as the true line in the sand you've pretty much nailed it. It seems simple when you lay it out like that. You're right that the owners have blame in that they did let the salaries get out of hand. But they are also at a point where they have realized this and know that they need a change to survive. The players are guilty of listening to their representitive (Bob Goodenow) who sold them a bill of goods about how important they are and that the owners are making money on concessions and parking and arena naming rights, etc. They look at other sports and see their players making huge money, but they don't see that the majority of their money comes from huge t.v contracts that the NHL doesn't and never will have.
If you are just writing your paper on a 2 sided topic I think that you have a good handle on both sides. I, like everyone else have my opinions and can point fingers with everyone else, but that doesn't seem to be what you're looking for so I'll just be mad quietly unless you want more info. Good Luck!

Leaf_Crazy

Jan 22, 2003
Toronto
Thanks for the help so far, anyone have a link to the Forbes Magazine report where they showed the rankings of teams by revenue? That would be awesome. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad