Please Help me Identify a Movie

Feb 24, 2017
I’m trying to figure out which movie I’m thinking about, and it’s driving me a little nuts.

It’s a comedy about a couple getting married, and the time leading up to the wedding. In the end, the groom to be realizes the bride to be isn’t right for him and breaks it off.

Here’s the specific part I’m thinking may be able to clue someone in here and get this identified:

The groom yells down from the balcony that he doesn’t want to be with the bride, but she’s too far away to hear. A comedic scene ensues with people trying to convey the message to her, and I’m pretty sure this scene involves a deaf or mute cousin of the groom.

It’s at least kinda recent, like maybe 2014 and on.

Please help me get this nag off my mind!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Four Weddings and a Funeral involves Hugh Grant translating his deaf brother’s sign language aloud while he’s waiting at the altar.

The bride to be punches Hugh in the face when she realizes he doesn’t love her.

It’s a lot older than a few years ago so it’s probably not the one, but the deaf/mute thing is consistent.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I don't know the answer, but with that description of yours I'm surprised you haven't had more guesses. Try checking out movies that went directly to DVD--maybe it never got a major release.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Not recent, but the Graduate fits a lot of what you are saying in the vague sense. Maybe whatever you are thinking of is a parody?

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Dirty Grandpa with Zac Efron and Robert De Niro? The rehersal dinner scene sounds pretty much like you've described and it came out in 2016.

Edit: Ohhhh, probably NSFW.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Dirty Grandpa with Zac Efron and Robert De Niro? The rehersal dinner scene sounds pretty much like you've described and it came out in 2016.

Edit: Ohhhh, probably NSFW.

This is probably it. This is the first movie that popped into my mind as well when he described the balcony scene. +1 to you good sir

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad