Value of: PLD to Washington

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Somehow the buyout this summer is so much team friendlier than every subsequent year. Amazing that it's a real possibility lmao

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Yikes. No thank you. Dubois' lack of effort on the ice, shitty attitude off the ice, bloated contract, history of bad breakups with former teams, and general vibes are all...

Dale Hunter BAD.gif

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What a low IQ take. His contract isn't good, but if they really want they can buy him out this summer at the reduced rate and it ain't that bad. Certainly less bad than paying an absurd price in draft picks
I'd rather give up a 1st round pick than have PLD's contract on the books for 14 years.

Two 1sts? That might be stretching it, but it's still probably better than a 14 year handicap.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
He's 25 years old. You have to be a f***ing moron to think this is just who Dubois is from now on rather than the kind of random down year every player except a handful of the elite has at some point in their career.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Taking a quick look at his stats he's playing 3 minutes less per game with 3rd/4th liners instead of a top line offensive role. Also seems he's on pace for 6 PP points (including 0 assists) instead of 23 the year before, so looks like he may not be given prime ice time there either.

What did they expect exactly with that kind of role? Seems like circumstances have set him up for failure.

Reactions: YP44

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
He's 25 years old. You have to be a f***ing moron to think this is just who Dubois is from now on rather than the kind of random down year every player except a handful of the elite has at some point in their career.

Even so, the high points of his career is a 65 point guy who is sub-par defensively.

It's also his 7th NHL season, not his 2nd or 3rd year.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Even so, the high points of his career is a 65 point guy who is sub-par defensively.

It's also his 7th NHL season, not his 2nd or 3rd year.
A 65 point center locked up from age 25-32 (low risk of age related decline) is worth about what Dubois is getting paid, especially as the cap goes up to $90 million over the next year and a half. This isn't a Huberdeau situation where the 8 year deal kicks in at age 30 after he has already fallen off a cliff.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Not that I think dubois is a bad player, (I wanted him in the summer just not at the ridiculous price jets fans wanted), but I think his value is at an all time low and it wouldn't be wise for the kings to entertain it without giving him at least another year to find his groove

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
A 65 point center locked up from age 25-32 (low risk of age related decline) is worth about what Dubois is getting paid, especially as the cap goes up to $90 million over the next year and a half. This isn't a Huberdeau situation where the 8 year deal kicks in at age 30 after he has already fallen off a cliff.
Guy's a locker room cancer though, so the "in his prime, scoring center" narrative doesn't really define who he is, at least not at this point in time.

It might also be a bit of an odd fit with the Caps? The old core (Ovie, Backstrom, Kuz) hasn't come off the books but the gotta be a new era with Strome, Wilson and maybe Pacioretty/ Protas/ Mantha? as serviceable guys moving forward. If Dubois wants it he could probably take the 2nd line C role and be dominant, but that's really on him. The Kings probably also have to ship out some assets just to lose his cap if they want to move on. If they wait until Kuz is back, maybe Dubois + future early round assets for Kuznetsov?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not that I think dubois is a bad player, (I wanted him in the summer just not at the ridiculous price jets fans wanted), but I think his value is at an all time low and it wouldn't be wise for the kings to entertain it without giving him at least another year to find his groove
it's a gamble as his NMC kicks in this summer. Need to see improvement or he should be moved at the draft.

Guy's a locker room cancer though, so the "in his prime, scoring center" narrative doesn't really define who he is, at least not at this point in time.

It might also be a bit of an odd fit with the Caps? The old core (Ovie, Backstrom, Kuz) hasn't come off the books but the gotta be a new era with Strome, Wilson and maybe Pacioretty/ Protas/ Mantha? as serviceable guys moving forward. If Dubois wants it he could probably take the 2nd line C role and be dominant, but that's really on him. The Kings probably also have to ship out some assets just to lose his cap if they want to move on. If they wait until Kuz is back, maybe Dubois + future early round assets for Kuznetsov?
Side bar: I want Calgary and Washington to come together on a deal for Huberdeau. He is an overpaid elite passer. Just have him setting Ovi up to try and get the record.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
If Blake is GM there is no way PLD is traded or bought out. That would require Blake to admit to this big mistake and there is no way he would do that. Sadly we’re stuck with the lazy turd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad