DEL: Playoffs?

KEC

Feb 8, 2014
My Buddies Calling me Dr. Hockey - a combination of my MD and my Crazy Backlog of Hockey Stats, Players, collected Tickets, Magazines, Pucks and so on Since the Late 80's. But now i Must say After Berlin and Munich got Kicked out in this Awful Best of Three Series, I Never had less Clue what's going to Happen next - this PO's are unpredictable for me, but i'll give it a try:
Mannheim-Cologne 2:4
Hamburg-Iserlohn 2:4
Krefeld-Ingolstadt 4:2
Nuremberg-Wolfsburg 4:3
I really think Iserlohn with its annoying Gameplan will be hard for Hamburg to Match, Even if Hamburg's got far skilled Players.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I don't know about that. Of the four games this season, Iserlohn won the first in Hamburg in overtime, but that was with Treutle in net, who cost the team the game, otherwise the Freezers controlled the game. Hamburg owned the Roosters in the next two games, winning 5-2 and 6-1 and would have won the last game in Iserlohn as well, if it wasn't for the refs stealing their win (an opponent throwing himself into the legs of Dupuis to stop him from having a breakaway against an empty net, no need to call that, let Iserlohn steal the puck and tie the game with five seconds left instead. Then a Rooster grabs Mitchell's stick and hits himself in the face with it, obvious five+game for Mitchell :sarcasm: )

Iserlohn competes quite well, and playoffs are different from the regular season, but so far they didn't have a single game against Hamburg in which they should have won. Not an easy opponent, but hardly someone you would need to fear either. Ingolstadt, on the other hand, is an opponent Hamburg had quite a few troubles with, they haven't won there in years.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
So, tonight we will have game seven between Cologne and Ingolstadt. I guess it will be another closer game, just like the last few have been (even if the final result doesn't always show it). Not exactly a whole lot of chances, but rather physical for DEL-hockey.

A bit of a weird series. Cologne looked to be in full control after two games. They were the far better team in the third game as well, but then they couldn't find the net, Ingolstadt scored shortly before the end of the second period on the powerplay, and Cologne somehow lost its touch after that. Ingolstadt plays excellent defense and Pielmeier has been even better in net, but that can't be the only reason. At least Cologne's defense has been back on track in the last game as well.

For Cologne, Collins will miss the game because of a one game suspension. Ingolstadt should be at full strength.

kaz

Mar 27, 2014
Krupp, good coach, great team.

Sundblad, better coach, good team.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I really really enjoyed this final series. Wonderful hockey. First time in many years I was excited to watch the DEL again.

Congrats Ingolstadt and Köppchen especially who I got to know as a wonderful person during his stay here in Hannover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad