Playoffs?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
My money would be on making the playoffs before getting a top 10 pick. This team held their own with a rock bottom roster. Now they are getting healthy (healthier anyway). The Tank has left us I think.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
When EJ returns, this is probably the best Avs team we've seen in the last four years (Duchene better than he ever was, O'Reilly returning, Landeskog rounding into form, Barrie emerging as the best puck mover we've had since Shatty etc). Even with Downie and Wilson missing.

But even then it's going to be very tough. They have to probably get four out of six points in the coming road trip to have a chance. When two of those games are against Detroit and Chicago, it's a challenge for the team.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
When EJ returns, this is probably the best Avs team we've seen in the last four years (Duchene better than he ever was, O'Reilly returning, Landeskog rounding into form, Barrie emerging as the best puck mover we've had since Shatty etc). Even with Downie and Wilson missing.

But even then it's going to be very tough. They have to probably get four out of six points in the coming road trip to have a chance. When two of those games are against Detroit and Chicago, it's a challenge for the team.

Detroit isn't good. Chicago will be tough though clearly. Would be amazing to be the streak breakers though

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So the Avs can potentially move past Edmonton, Dallas, Nashville, and Detroit, while being tied with Phoenix, once they have all played 21 games. Assuming SJ, LA, and MIN will have at least one more win by the time they get to 21 games, the Avs would be sitting in 9th place (tied for 8th).

This would be achieved by winning the next two games, which is very doable.

Things are definitely looking up.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
It's possible. You're super strong down the middle and seem to have some depth scoring this year.

In comparison to the Flames (Backlund is injured)

Stajan
Cammalleri (who is really a winger)
Hudler (who is really a winger)
Begin

Boy oh boy. Worst of all time?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's possible. You're super strong down the middle and seem to have some depth scoring this year.

In comparison to the Flames (Backlund is injured)

Stajan
Cammalleri (who is really a winger)
Hudler (who is really a winger)
Begin

Boy oh boy. Worst of all time?

That's not good, but I could've sworn the Atlanta Thrashers post-Savard were worse.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That's not good, but I could've sworn the Atlanta Thrashers post-Savard were worse.

Also Penguins pre-lockout.

Here's all the centres listed for them that year.

8 Kris Beech C 4 0 1 1
9 Kelly Buchberger C 71 1 3 4
10 Mike Eastwood C 82 4 15 19
11 Rico Fata C 73 16 18 34
12 Brian Holzinger C 6 15 21
13 Matt Hussey C 3 2 1 3
14 Milan Kraft C 66 19 21 40
15 Mario Lemieux C 10 1 8 9
16 Lasse Pirjeta C 13 6 6 12

Also keep in mind their top scorer was Dick Tarnstrom with 50 points. (Although this draws to my attention that was basically our top scorer last year too, almost identical scoring line lol)

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Three points out of 8th in the Western Conference, 3-1-2 in the last six, Ryan O'Reilly and possibly Erik Johnson returning to the line-up soon.

It's certainly possible. I also think you'll see Colorado be proactive on the trade market in order to squeeze into a playoff spot.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Sad, but true. Not to mention missing Wilson and EJ for last 5 games or so. We are horrible defensively.

But it really gave Barrie the confidence and free-reign, which is huge. If Barrie can stay as confident, but play against weaker competition, this could be huge. This actually makes the Avs two pairs deep now.

I'm wondering if Sherman will still try and make a move for a better left handed defenceman to really take a run at making the playoffs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
My money would be on making the playoffs before getting a top 10 pick. This team held their own with a rock bottom roster. Now they are getting healthy (healthier anyway). The Tank has left us I think.

539w.jpg

Challenge Accepted

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The team has been balancing on the edge between a playoff push and lottery pick territory for two weeks now without taking a step in either direction. Losing the three last OT games certainly doesn't help.

Detroit, Chicago and Chicago will be a test of what they can do. It's going to be tough. A test of character.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The team has been balancing on the edge between a playoff push and lottery pick territory for two weeks now without taking a step in either direction. Losing the three last OT games certainly doesn't help.

Detroit, Chicago and Chicago will be a test of what they can do. It's going to be tough. A test of character.

We should pass that test with flying colours now.....

163015864_std.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad