Playoffs?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
You got a 1st line center with PP time getting 40-50 points and you've got a non-playoff team.

Stajan got some points becuase he was getting primo ice time. He needed 70 points to be effective with that ice time.

He was the 2nd line center and only played 17-18 minutes and played plenty of pk time and got less pp time than Grabo he was on the second line for both good years. So false he did not get promo time.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
As long as I've been posting on HFBoards this debate about Stajan has taken place. I don't question whether or not he was a very servicable #2 centremen, but under Sutter's regime he has been a plug. That's what I've gathered anyways.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Here's my prediction:

1) St. Louis
2) LA
3) Chicago
4) Detroit
5) Vancouver
6) Minnesota
7) Nashville
8) San Jose
9) Dallas
10) Edmonton
11) Calgary
12) Phoenix
13) Anaheim
14) Columbus

Contract years in Anaheim, I think they squeak into 8th with Nashville maybe out.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Matt Stajan is so bad

Stajan's career with Calgary, before Sutter moved him to the bottom six when Conroy retired:

55 GP, 5-29-34.

That's a 50+ point pace over 82 games. Not great for goal-scoring, but he's an excellent faceoff man and good defensively. Assuming he could recapture that scoring pace (for reference, Mike Cammalleri's 82-game pace last year with Calgary was 32-23-55 and everyone on here had him slotted as 1C no problem) then what's the issue with having him as a 1C where his wingers and defensemen would be better than any he had ever played with before?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->