Playoffs: who do you take: McDavid or Matthews?

Who do you take for the playoffs?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Yeah - you don't overthink it. Especially considering Matthews hasnt exactly done much either.

Now if it was Mack vs McDavid - id consider it
Mack vs McDavid is a no brainer to me. Mack was made to play in the playoffs.

Reactions: Garthinater

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mack vs McDavid is a no brainer to me. Mack was made to play in the playoffs.

Yeah I'd be hard pressed to argue against that so far. Mack looks great. But Matthews hasn't shown to be Mack, nor anywhere close - come playoff yet.

Still think it's early to give up on McDavid. He's better than Mack, plain and simple. And I think there's a good chance he figures it out in playoffs, and if and when he does, you probably take him above Mack even for playoffs. Obviously - he has to prove that first.

I'm of the (unpopular) opinion that Oilers aren't done yet. I see a potential McDrai come back to beat the Jets. (of course I said the same for Tampa vs Columbus 2 years ago, didn't work out so good then)

lawrence

May 19, 2012
in the playoffs? there is no one else I rather take than Connor Mcdavid. He cares, he wants to win, he has the drive, give me Mcdavid on the Canucks any day of the week man.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
For all the crap McDavids getting he still has 21 points in 20 playoff games over his career... Matthews has 22 in 27.

I really don’t see an argument for Matthews.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Taking anyone but McDavid would be like taking Bernie Nichols or Cam Neely over Mario Lemieux in the late 80s. No need to overthink. Take the best player. Thread can be closed. Your welcome.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Leaf fans shouldn't get too cocky about this. Oilers were always 50/50 to win their series. They should've made it more competitive, but it's not as if this is some astounding week of hockey. They are a flawed team playing another flawed team. Nothing should be that surprising. The Leafs themselves aren't doing that great either. They should not be playing a close series against Montreal. Montreal is not a playoff caliber team. Losing their series against Montreal would be much worse than Edmonton getting swept. Leafs are supposed to win the Canadian divisional playoffs. Edmonton isn't. Some didn't even expect them to win a round.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Leaf fans shouldn't get too cocky about this. Oilers were always 50/50 to win their series. They should've made it more competitive, but it's not as if this is some astounding week of hockey. They are a flawed team playing another flawed team. Nothing should be that surprising. The Leafs themselves aren't doing that great either. They should not be playing a close series against Montreal. Montreal is not a playoff caliber team. Losing their series against Montreal would be much worse than Edmonton getting swept. Leafs are supposed to win the Canadian divisional playoffs. Edmonton isn't. Some didn't even expect them to win a round.

This thread was started by a Habs fan.

Reactions: Third Degree Burns

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
McDavid because he's better and Matthews doesn't have a playoff resume to spark the argument for him.

McDavid vs MacKinnon would be a better poll.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Matthews is right in the middle of the "best player not named McDavid" tier.

No reason not to take the best player, which is McDavid.

Reactions: jetsforever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad