Proposal: Playoffs vs Sell off

would you go for the playoffs or sell off ?

• Total voters

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Sell! This team is closer to second last in the conference than it is to a playoff spot and unfortunately we really have nothing good enough to trade away to really make an impact, so our chances of stumbling into the post season isn't really hinging on anyone we'd be trading away. If this team makes it, it's because 5 or 6 guys carried them there. Trading away Talbot, Chiasson + other pieces probably takes us from a 15% chance down to 13%.

They need to aggressively offload money, term and non-essential players asap.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Sell! This team is closer to second last in the conference than it is to a playoff spot and unfortunately we really have nothing good enough to trade away to really make an impact, so our chances of stumbling into the post season isn't really hinging on anyone we'd be trading away. If this team makes it, it's because 5 or 6 guys carried them there. Trading away Talbot, Chiasson + other pieces probably takes us from a 15% chance down to 13%.

They need to aggressively offload money, term and non-essential players asap.

You probably aren't finding takers for any bad contracts with term at the TDL. Lucic, Spooner, Sekera and Manning are all projects for the summer.

I can see this deadline passing with just Talbot heading out the door. My money is on Chiasson extending (lol) and no one else moving out.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Make a deal to add talent at wing and then sell off. It’s not all about this year, but we can’t waste an opportunity to add talent that may not be available or impossible to acquire cause we’re stuck at the cap this summer.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Make a deal to add talent at wing and then sell off. It’s not all about this year, but we can’t waste an opportunity to add talent that may not be available or impossible to acquire cause we’re stuck at the cap this summer.

I don't see the point of adding a winger unless it's too good to pass up on like the Maroon deal was.

If you can get Burakovsky for Kassian or something like that then sure but otherwise the focus needs to be getting assets prospects or picks and getting rid of anchors like Manning.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
No kidding. Players can struggle with injuries and then not have any more issues. I mean, Markov missed 181 games over a 3 year span, and then missed 2 games over the next 4 years. You don’t trade your best dman because he’s had a few injuries
Pitlick.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
We need to make cap space for Sekera. We're forced to sell off players just to make cap space for a guy that might be able to hold the fort down on the 3rd pairing. I'm hoping we can sell Reider, Kassian and Benning before Sekera comes back and that we can resign Talbot 2 years X 1.5M so that we've at least got our goaltending taken care of for now.

I don't see how we can possibly go for playoffs unless we're paying a team off to take a big contract like Lucic, which isn't happening, so that we actually have cap space to acquire a piece that can help get us into the playoffs.

We should be pushing for the playoffs since we have McDavid, but our team's brain trust (or lack there of) has made that impossible this year.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
8 points out . McDavid out for 2 games . Time to sell everything off except
Prospects , McD , RNH , Drais , Klef , Lars , Picks . Nurse I am flipping back and forth on

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad