Celtics/NBA Playoffs: Round 2 - Game 7 Friday 9 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
If you think the heat are a clear path to the finals then you haven’t been watching the heat and are gonna be quite frustrated with the

there’s a reason why they just stomped all over Milwaukee. A series with the Celtics would be a legit toss up

I believe the Celtics would beat both LA team before Miami, tbh

Reactions: CDJ and lopey

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If you think the heat are a clear path to the finals then you haven’t been watching the heat and are gonna be quite frustrated with the

there’s a reason why they just stomped all over Milwaukee. A series with the Celtics would be a legit toss up

True they've played well but I'd rather face the 5th seed than the Bucs in an Eastern Conference final. It would be the best shot they've had to reach the finals in a while. If Toronto wins I could see them beating the Heat too.

Reactions: CDJ

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I mean if he doesn't lose it on the floor he usually makes those crazy tough takes when the D is there. I can see why he doesn't want to settle for a jumper.

We were up 5 in the 2OT and Jaylen had 2 bad turnovers before Tatum's.
Up four.

But, yeah, that was the turning point in the game.

If JB pulls it out and the Celtics score, I think the Raps fold.

But talking about Tatum for a minute. For a supposed elite player, he plays with one of the lowest IQs I've seen. His decision making at the end of games is very questionable. It's a MAJOR problem.

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently everyone hates Brothers including players but Celtics as of Aug 13 2019 were 0-13 last 13 road games with Brothers.

0-13

in playoffs 1-8

Tony Brothers brings angst to every team’s fan base and he is the lead ref for this game. He was voted the worst ref in the league by 24.5% of the players in their recent survey. With Brothers, you never know what you will get. Sometimes he calls everything on both teams. Sometimes he lets both teams play. And, sometimes he calls a game one sided for one of the teams. Basically, he is just bad. Hopefully we get the Tony Brothers that lets them play both ways in this game. Usually when fans of any team sees Brothers calling their games, they cringe.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
No chance. The Heat are a good team but the Bucks are a regular season team, guys like Bledsoe don't show up in the playoffs, the Bucks role players get targeted when teams actually build a game plan around attacking them and it's up to Middleton and Giannis to do everything. If the Celtics can beat Toronto they have all the tools to beat Miami and it would be up to Adebayo to win the heat that series and i don't think he's capable of that, you also wouldn't see Smart, Brown or Tatum not guarding Butler like Giannis did.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
No chance. The Heat are a good team but the Bucks are a regular season team, guys like Bledsoe don't show up in the playoffs, the Bucks role players get targeted when teams actually build a game plan around attacking them and it's up to Middleton and Giannis to do everything. If the Celtics can beat Toronto they have all the tools to beat Miami and it would be up to Adebayo to win the heat that series and i don't think he's capable of that, you also wouldn't see Smart, Brown or Tatum not guarding Butler like Giannis did.

I just think it’s a bad matchup. The Heat can shoot, they can play big, they’re a bunch of tough players and they’re very deep. I think the Clippers are the best team in the league so they might be the toughest matchup but it’s close.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Apparently everyone hates Brothers including players but Celtics as of Aug 13 2019 were 0-13 last 13 road games with Brothers.

0-13

in playoffs 1-8

Tony Brothers brings angst to every team’s fan base and he is the lead ref for this game. He was voted the worst ref in the league by 24.5% of the players in their recent survey. With Brothers, you never know what you will get. Sometimes he calls everything on both teams. Sometimes he lets both teams play. And, sometimes he calls a game one sided for one of the teams. Basically, he is just bad. Hopefully we get the Tony Brothers that lets them play both ways in this game. Usually when fans of any team sees Brothers calling their games, they cringe.

It is astonishing how little the NBA cares for its reputation considering past indication of... lack of integrity....

You would think these referees would never see a postseason game. Then again, they are the perfect agents to ensure a hidden agenda is carried out that can then be attributed to human error. Interesting.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

that team plays the most like a team and I think they are willing to go into deeper waters than the other teams remaining

it’s what happens when you have a batshit insane but effective leader like Butler and an impressionable #2 young big in Adebayo (and surround them with shooters who all fill various roles)

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It is astonishing how little the NBA cares for its reputation considering past indication of... lack of integrity....

You would think these referees would never see a postseason game. Then again, they are the perfect agents to ensure a hidden agenda is carried out that can then be attributed to human error. Interesting.

I go into most Celtics playoff games expecting the refs against us. Im still bitter over the 2010 lakers and 2012 Heat series.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Hope this brings the Celtics some luck Friday night:

1-leprechaun-rides-trex-happy-st-patricks-day-mister-tee.jpg

Reactions: pgm16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events