Celtics/NBA Playoffs: Round 2 - Game 7 Friday 9 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Celtics get 1 more chance to face the heat in the conference finals and they need to play like they did game 5. They need to execute better down the stretch. OT #2 there were some bad turnovers while having a 4 point lead while Toronto hit their 3's down the stretch

Reactions: lopey and pgm16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Every team has floppers. Smart is one of the worst in the league. Great player but it gets annoying watching him.
I hate when Smart flops but his aren't as dramatic as Lowry's. The spin move then drop move he pulled last night was absolutely absurd.

Lowry is like PK Subban when he was with the Habs. Great player that resorts to ridiculous antics that take away from the game.

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
NBA assigned Tony Brothers to all but fix this game and he didn’t disappoint

if the Celtics lose tomorrow I will never watch another game

they should be up 5-1 right now

the timing of the calls were hilarious

the only good news if the Celtics lose is ESPN/ABC has a chance to lose millions in advertising dollars if a Canadian team makes the final but I’d expect Toronto to get hosed next round

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I agree. My goodness is the NBA a terrible product. I am done for another decade.
I like basketball but when I saw Tony Brothers was the ref I knew the Celtics had to blow them out to get this one

anything can happen in a game 7 If the Celtics lose I’m f***ing done with this sport - it’s already 4 with me it will be 50

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I got sucked in for the 4th quarter and overtimes last night.

First I’ve really watched since probably 2009.

Flawed product, but the last two minutes and overtime of a basketball game are unique. Nothing quite like it in sports.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

the only good news if the Celtics lose is ESPN/ABC has a chance to lose millions in advertising dollars if a Canadian team makes the final but I’d expect Toronto to get hosed next round

They should have put this away in 4. I think Brad Stevens has had a very avg series starting with his horrible defensive plan at the end of game 3. They've played 1 good game since that in game 5. If they blow the opportunity with a clear path to the finals it will be disappointing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They should have put this away in 4. I think Brad Stevens has had a very avg series starting with his horrible defensive plan at the end of game 3.
They should have but here we are

that game 3 cooked them - even if they win they are probably exhausted

Reactions: KrejciMVP

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There’s just too much going against Boston right now and too much bulletin board material for them to NOT win game 7 by 50 points.

then afterwards, mock the shit out of all things toronto

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There’s just too much going against Boston right now and too much to bulletin board material for them to NOT win game 7 by 50 points.

then afterwards, mock the shit out of all things toronto
I don't expect a Game 5 drubbing but I expect the Celtics to play a much better game.

I wish Hayward could come out of quarantine at noon Friday and be ready to play. what a boost that would be.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't expect a Game 5 drubbing but I expect the Celtics to play a much better game.

I wish Hayward could come out of quarantine at noon Friday and be ready to play. what a boost that would be.

they’re getting WAY more out of Smart And Theis than they have any business getting. Tatum and Walker need to be better. Tatum in particular had some of the worst possessions I’ve ever seen last night. Dribbling up at his chest through two defenders isn’t gonna cut it

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury

Pretty much disagree with this entire post. Calls were bad on both sides (the foul call at the end of regulation on the inbound alley-oop to OG being called a non shot is idiotic, which would have ended the game right there). Shouldn't be 5-1 right now, it's 3-3 as it should be - the Celts had some amazing performances, and the Raps clutched some amazing wins. Losing millions of dollars in advertising if the defending champs don't move on? LOL, whatever.

Reactions: Wiggleboom

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
they’re getting WAY more out of Smart And Theis than they have any business getting. Tatum and Walker need to be better. Tatum in particular had some of the worst possessions I’ve ever seen last night. Dribbling up at his chest through two defenders isn’t gonna cut it

It's crazy how polarizing Tatum can be. Guy is such a beast when he's on.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Pretty much disagree with this entire post. Calls were bad on both sides (the foul call at the end of regulation on the inbound alley-oop to OG being called a non shot is idiotic, which would have ended the game right there). Shouldn't be 5-1 right now, it's 3-3 as it should be - the Celts had some amazing performances, and the Raps clutched some amazing wins. Losing millions of dollars in advertising if the defending champs don't move on? LOL, whatever.

yeah you clearly weren’t watching what 90% of NBA fans are complaining about

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

its not all bad obviously. He did have a solid night points wise. Just something HUGE was clearly missing upstairs. Seemed like he had 5 unforgivable turnovers in the fourth/OT alone

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We disagree

listening to both 98.5 and WEEI the past 2 hours sounds like you would be disagreeing with every caller

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I mean if he doesn't lose it on the floor he usually makes those crazy tough takes when the D is there. I can see why he doesn't want to settle for a jumper.

We were up 5 in the 2OT and Jaylen had 2 bad turnovers before Tatum's.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Toronto has a lot of big game experience going back to last year so this game 7 favors them. Celtics need to take over this game early and not let them hang around

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

If Walker has his free throws, the alley-oop play is no longer a factor. Who knows what happens then.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They should have put this away in 4. I think Brad Stevens has had a very avg series starting with his horrible defensive plan at the end of game 3. They've played 1 good game since that in game 5. If they blow the opportunity with a clear path to the finals it will be disappointing.

If you think the heat are a clear path to the finals then you haven’t been watching the heat and are gonna be quite frustrated with the series if we face them

there’s a reason why they just stomped all over Milwaukee. A series with the Celtics would be a legit toss up

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilDead and lopey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->