Playoffs! Playoffs?

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Starting to get the feeling the playoffs will be canceled due to that virus anyways. No big deal. All kinds of sport is starting to go for empty stands in Europe. Not all events yet, but it seems to go that way. It's abysmal.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Starting to get the feeling the playoffs will be canceled due to that virus anyways. No big deal. All kinds of sport is starting to go for empty stands in Europe. Not all events yet, but it seems to go that way. It's abysmal.

Pro cycling has cancelled a bunch of events.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Some sports are playing games but not allowing fans to attend. Someone asked LeBron about the NBA doing that and he said he would refuse to play...cuz he plays for the fans. I bet he plays for the money too. :nod:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Some sports are playing games but not allowing fans to attend. Someone asked LeBron about the NBA doing that and he said he would refuse to play...cuz he plays for the fans. I bet he plays for the money too. :nod:

LeBron doesn’t need the money.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
For this road trip, which is kinda drawn out, do the Coyotes stay in Canada for days off or go back home?

Edit: sorry read it as 3 days off instead of 2. Assume they stay for just 2 days.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
On the brighter side of the playoffs, Tucson is still #1 in their division and look to be one of the top teams in the league. We can all just drive down to Tucson to get our fill of playoff hockey!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
He doesn't, but is he playing in LA because he loves the temperate climate, or because they pay him $37 mil per year?

You missed the point. LeBron has so much money earned already that giving up getting paid for a few games while the Coronavirus situation runs through its stages isn’t a big deal to him.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
You missed the point. LeBron has so much money earned already that giving up getting paid for a few games while the Coronavirus situation runs through its stages isn’t a big deal to him.

I would counter that we both missed each other's point. :fence:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not dead yet, but nothing positive from last night.
We have been dead for over a week. We are not going to jump four or five teams with so few games left. Turn out the lights. The party is over. RT knew this at the Christmas break, and has coached that way.:sarcasm:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We have been dead for over a week. We are not going to jump four or five teams with so few games left. Turn out the lights. The party is over. RT knew this at the Christmas break, and has coached that way.:sarcasm:
I think the tail spin started 2 months ago. The problem is that Chayka didn't see it. Tocc has been running for his life, looking for mirrors, smoke, anything to work. I am hoping we turn it around, just don't see how at this point, what is going to change? We need OEL/Kessel to be the players we thought they were, but I am afraid that ship has sailed.....

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If we can pull 18 pts over the remaining 13 games (.692 pt%) we have a 50% chance. This team has not shown me they can do it, but I do like surprises.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Losing Garland is not encouraging, but it's a team game. Rip off another 4 game win streak could dramatically change the playoff race. I'm still optimistic. :D

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We have 13 games left. So how have we done in our last 13? We went 6-6-1. If we repeat that, we end the season with 39-34-9, which is good for 87pts. Which would be good for our 8th losing record in a row. Zero playoff births in that time, obviously.

Would make Tocchet's Arizona Coyotes head coaching record a horrific 107-110-29. That's 107 wins and 139 losses for those counting at home. That's a 0.435 W%. He will also have failed to make any progress from last season to this season, as both teams will have 39 wins and 43 losses to show for their seasons.

This despite the Coyotes adding Phil Kessel over the summer and Taylor Hall a week before the holiday break. Not to mention that the last season was severely injury-plagued, while this season has felt fairly average by NHL standards in terms of injuries both in terms of man-games lost and games lost by key players.

Last edited:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Would make Tocchet's Arizona Coyotes head coaching record a horrific 107-110-29. That's 107 wins and 139 losses for those counting at home. That's a 0.435 W%.

IIRC, 0.435% was very close to Tocchet's career winning percentage as a head coach when he was hired here. So it's not like anyone should be surprised.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We have 13 games left. So how have we done in our last 13? We went 6-6-1. If we repeat that, we end the season with 39-34-9, which is good for 87pts. Which would be good for our 8th losing record in a row. Zero playoff births in that time, obviously. Would make Tocchet's Arizona Coyotes head coaching record a horrific 107-110-29. That's 107 wins and 139 losses for those counting at home. That's a 0.435 W%. He will also have failed to make any progress from last season to this season, as both teams will have 39 wins and 43 losses to show for their seasons. This despite the Coyotes adding Phil Kessel over the summer and Taylor Hall a week before the holiday break. Not to mention that the last season was severely injury-plagued, while this season has felt fairly average by NHL standards in terms of injuries both in terms of man-games lost and games lost by key players.
Good synopsis. How do we have OEL/Kessel/Schmaltz/Keller, all under performing. Did Chayka make big mistakes or is Tocc not getting the most out of them? We should be much better this year, for the most part our goal tending has been as good both years. I think its the coach.

We have to hope Kuemper/Raanta have sub 2.0 GAA the rest of the way, only way we can squeak in, I don't see that happening.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The timing with Covid-19 and anticipated growth in the US/Canada into April does not bode well. Many companies are now telling employees to work from home...including the company I work for which has over 100,000 employees.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad