Playoffs! Playoffs?

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Science doesn't know periods.
I thought it had a whole table made out of them.

44_qVZXh_1822.jpg

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Yeah, I actually recorded that CGY@FLA game. Watched it up to the first calgary goal like 5 minutes in and...

3XiKMch.gif

...Fast forward city. Saved an hour of my afternoon.

Reactions: sundance74

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The Coyotes are one of 3 teams that have now played 67 games; Calgary and Winnipeg are the other two. After play on Tuesday Edmonton joins the 67 games played club. Nashville and Minnesota will be at 66. Minnesota looks scary. They have a California road trip coming up at the end of this week.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Wild and Canucks lose in regulation. Calgary wins. Call it a Meatloaf night. Two out of three ain't bad.

Based on how this looked last year, we should have been happy if only one of three other results were going our way. Two out of three is actually superduper if you ask me. ;)

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Going back to the goal Kessel scored the other night, it’s good to see him knock a guy out of the crease and win a battle in front of the net. We need more of that from him and everyone else. Throwing a guy out of your way in the crease, shouldn’t be a rarity. It should happen on a nightly basis

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
It's pretty crazy how bleak everything looked after the Florida game. Hell even after Tampa it still didn't look great. But then teams we needed to lose kept on losing. Vancouver maybe being the most significant. I think the standings will look like this:

Vegas
Edmonton
Calgary

WC
Nashville
AZ/VAN

I was more concerned when Vancouver looked like they would hold a divisional spot because I didn't see the Flames slowing down, and Nashville had SO MANY games in hand. Now the team we play three more times has started falling off he cliff Here we go!

Edit: The Florida game was really disappointing as it looked like our old habits of not being able to score more than two goals was still prominent. But that game was sandwiched between a 7-3 win and a 5-2 win. We also had a ton of opportunities against Florida, and Keller and Garland each almost scored twice, Bob just played lights out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It hasn't mattered much, though. We played Florida on Tuesday and as of Wednesday we had the 10th worst P% in the NHL. And today? Still the 10th worst P% in the NHL. Haha. Chicago and the three California teams were, and are the only teams worse than us in the West. That didn't change with the win in Buffalo or last night's action.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It hasn't mattered much, though. We played Florida on Tuesday and as of Wednesday we had the 10th worst P% in the NHL. And today? Still the 10th worst P% in the NHL. Haha. Chicago and the three California teams were, and are the only teams worse than us in the West. That didn't change with the win in Buffalo or last night's action.

How's that look in the lottery calculator?

CoyoteDave

Dec 12, 2016
Cave Creek
84 points total for the year. They will lose all 3 of their next 3 games. Can't see Tocchet being able to motivate this team. A little physicality and this team will turtle.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Mangosteen

Yotes Ashtray of the NHL
Apr 9, 2018
When we make the playoffs will you guys take some happy pills? The pessimism on these boards is out of control. Didn't we mant to be playing meaningful games in March and April? Have fans showing up and be in the news about the games on the ice and not ownership? The glass is more then half full.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->